Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Tons of gear lost to battlenet

I played up my druid to lvl 70 and was transferring a ton of gear to him that I have been collecting with other chars for a very long time and just got booted...
    I lost cerberus, 2x shaftshop, a 5 bo cta, nightsmoke, gores, atmas, reapers toll, vamp gaze, spirit monarch, 3x 100 poison scs, 12 mid hrs, 1 ber and my almost perfect roll ebotd GPA. WFT I never have this happen and I was only in 1 game with 3 characters in about the span of 8 minutes. Did I break a rule, I thought it was 5 character changes in 10 minutes or 5 game changes in 5 minutes. I think I am done for a bit, I have lost small pieces before, but the ebotd is really chapping my *** right now. I did not find the zod but I traded a bunch of gear for it and it took quite a while to build my stash for my fury druid. I know D2 is not blizzards primary concern anymore but wtf this is stupid.

Re: Tons of gear lost to battlenet

Its good to get that out! I know how you feel, I did (and am atm aswell) playing a lot of D2. So in the end I got another set of keys, so I could have 2 chars ingame at any time.

Never failed to mule for 2 years now, and Ive muled 1000+Žitems muling/stashing/trading..

Thats the only "safe" way to do it, I would never dare dropping items and come back with another char.

There are tons of secret rules, how to not get temped/rd'ed etc.. In the end, waiting 1-2secs between every click outside the game, is a good way to start!

If youd played on euscl, I couldve returned some items or at least runes to help you lick your wounds.

But its just wounds, dont quit!! I will never!

Peace and love, Archone

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I use two cd keys and fast user switching. I still lost my only angelic rings and ammy to a rollback out of nowhere a few weeks ago. Literally I had them on, then left the game, entered a new one, and all 3 item slots were simply empty... I don't think I've had that happen EVER. Luckily, its not irreplaceable, but even 2 cd keys isn't 100% safe.

I've been playing USwest HCL.

IncGamers Member Diabble Bobble's Avatar

Oh yeah that sucks. Whenever I do that I make sure to wait around for at least 1 minute before switching characters.

My main problem is the server disappearing before I get a chance to log back on. Thankfully I'm too poor to lose anything of actual value.

If D3 did anything right it's the shared stash.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Quote Originally Posted by Diabble Bobble View Post
    Oh yeah that sucks. Whenever I do that I make sure to wait around for at least 1 minute before switching characters.

My main problem is the server disappearing before I get a chance to log back on. Thankfully I'm too poor to lose anything of actual value.

I'm not a big fan of the stash implementation in D3. You actually have less room to store equipment than in D2. You only get your 3 pages of stash and inventory on 10 chars. That's it. If you want more stash, drop another $60 for another account.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diabble Bobble View Post

If you wait for 5 mins in the game it will "perm" for 5 minutes which makes it a lot easier to mule.

I've been lucky and never lost anything, but when I'm transferring lots of really expensive stuff I do only those transfers, and I do only a couple things, then I will play a little more, and do a few more transfers in like a hour.

I lost my Enigma and my Insight once. The Enigma just disappeared, but I never let it out of my stash, and the Insight was gone after I exited a game where I was duelling my friend. The insight was on the ground and he said I have to get through him to get my insight. I picked it up, and then picked up my corpse, and he killed me, I left the game, returned, and it was gone. Thank goodness my Last wish was still there though. Does anyone know how these things happened?

IncGamers Member

There are two places I dont want my items to be in: on the corpse, and "window" slot (say, when you pick up an item with inventory opened). Both are buggy, like, you should never pick up a corpse with an item in "window" slot.