Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: Boss Farming

IncGamers Member

Boss Farming

Is it worth it to even kill the bosses after your first play through? I've killed Azmodan over 40 times and he never drops anything good. I've noticed the boss drops become worse after the first time you kill them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Boss Farming

I assuming you're killing them with 5 stacks, right?

I've never found them that useful to kill, about the same as your average rare or champion pack.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Well, kestegs, you only need three stacks in console to have maximum Nephalem Valor bonuses.

Jayman, to your question, I think it's worth it if you're doing a run that goes between acts (like trying to farm the BOA plans from the sub bosses at the end of Act 3 and the beginning of Act 4). I was killing Azmodan regularly when I was using that route and I got a few Legendaries off of him and even a double Legendary drop, so I think, for the simple fact that these bosses can drop far more items at once than your normal elites and white trash mobs, that it is probably worth it in the long run, but not if it's just once every other fifty runs or something.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Ah, well, fine then

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Delain(PS3)

I killed Diablo on inferno about ten times now. Eight times he (she) dropped one legendary, once two legendaries and the last time I killed him (her) not a single one :(

BattleTag El Jaspador on XBL

I've also had a double legendary drop from Azmodan (the second time I killed him on Inferno), but I've also had nothing but blue items drop from him. It's all about luck, although having three stacks of Nephalem Valor does seem to help.