Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I don't know why it was doing it , but I fixed it by copying and pasting the files into another folder. So now it is all working perfectly!

Thanks so much for all your help. I notice that you are thanked in the About menu! So it's great to get help from the source!

Re: Game Changes Help Thread (inc ATMA/GoMule)

Glad it's working for you. I just gave some suggestions and a minor patch or two; all of the real work is from Randall and Silospen, as far as I know. Although I have done my share of digging into it on my own in an effort to make it work with MedianXL characters.

IncGamers Member

Arghhh, I still can't get it to work :(

Basically, I can create a character and profile in Silospen's run counter, and it starts working just fine. However, after exiting the run counter, any characters/profiles I created are gone, and I can't find them anywhere. Thoughts?

Where is the run counter located and how do you launch it? If I remember correctly, it will write out its data to a file in the same location. Make sure that the run counter is not running from inside program files.

IncGamers Member

I launch it via a desktop icon. The application itself is in a folder on my desktop where I keep all my stashes, which makes reinstalling the game much easier for keeping all my items. The only other file in that folder that isn't gomule or a .d2x is a file called rcinfo.

Have you tried putting in somewhere else other than in the main OS partition? Or maybe it's some anti-virus software interfering?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by srrw View Post
    Have you tried putting in somewhere else other than in the main OS partition? Or maybe it's some anti-virus software interfering?
    Shouldn't be an antivirus deal - I use the same setup on this comp that I do on my laptop. I can check where it's installed on my laptop though - maybe it's just not saving in the spot it's looking

If you look at the rcinfo file (using any text editor like notepad), is there anything there? Or is it just plain empty? If there is something there, it would indicate that it has worked at *some* point in time, and there was a change which broke it.

Does it work if you launch the .jar file directly instead of using your shortcut?

IncGamers Member

Here's what is says in my rcinfo:

d2dir:C:\Games\Diablo II\Save\deathseeker.d2s
    deathseeker.0.totRuns:4
    deathseeker.0.nSaves:1
    deathseeker.path:C:\Games\Diablo II\Save\deathseeker.d2s
    deathseeker.0.avgRTime:333788
    deathseeker.0.pTarget:Tyrael
    chars:deathseeker
    deathseeker.0.fastest:79847
    deathseeker.0.totRTime:446045
    deathseeker.nProfs:1

I'll try the .jar file in a second

That's interesting - I think you might have a different version of RunCounterAdv than I do. My rcInfo file has the properties delimited by > angle bracket characters rather than : colons. If I take your file and replace the colons with angle brackets, it loads just fine in mine.