Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Delain(PS3)

Re: Legendary overdose

I know everybody plays differently, but as soon as I get the feeling that I am steamrolling the game, I turn up the difficulty one notch. So here I am on master II, almost ready to move up to III.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen View Post
    The game becomes way too easy as a consequence of these hyperinflated drop rates. I was able to faceroll speedrun the entire game from scratch to Inferno Diablo without ever meeting the slightest challenge. You can handicap yourself by setting Master III or something, but that shouldn't be necessary right off the bat. I was burning down act bosses in ten seconds on progression runs, it's just beyond silly. I found a 1130 DPS one-handed weapon in Hell A2! Half an hour after starting Inferno, I found a 1600 DPS weapon in a vase! It very literally feels like you've activated cheat codes, and I really feel quite cheated. None of the reviews mentioned this at all, they only sang praise for the good controls and mechanics, which is true enough in and of itself. This excessive loot festival makes the game so easy that it's broken and unsatisfying.
    And that's exactly why difficulty settings exist. Put it on Master V and tell me that you still feel overpowered.

The idea is that the loot leans more to the side of making sure you're well outfitted to overpowered rather than the other way around. They want it to be a good experience and they won't be able to please everyone, but more people find enjoyment from being super powerful and facerolling stuff than they do from being one shot and feeling like they can't access the content they want to.

Pick your poison. I don't think the Diablo series has ever been about being a "difficult" game in general though to be perfectly honest with you.

BattleTag Fortuan-1820

I've had a discussion with my brother who I play couch-coop on PS3 with. We both play PC version and are quite into the endgame with more than 3 characters each. The PS3 version while gives you tons of legendaries it still feels awesome. More often than not so far it's been an upgrade. I've not got tired of it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuan View Post
    I've had a discussion with my brother who I play couch-coop on PS3 with. We both play PC version and are quite into the endgame with more than 3 characters each. The PS3 version while gives you tons of legendaries it still feels awesome. More often than not so far it's been an upgrade. I've not got tired of it honestly.
    Im not tired of it either still. Maybe i was wrong about too many legendaries, idk but i DO know i love trying to seek them out

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Delain(PS3)

Did a full act II and III run last night. It netted me 11 legendaries including two set items. (IK helm en BK Solemn Vow). Furthermore I got Depth Diggers (str & vit), Echoing Fury (over 1300 dps but no socket :() and some other not so great ones Blind Faith anyone? What a crap helm Was any of this an upgrade to my current gear? Depth diggers had a vit roll (my current have an int roll but also 374 str) but I lost over 100 str, so no not really. So even though I had plenty of legendaries drops on my run I did not feel like it was too much. I have to agree on Wyatt Chengs old post, that the longer you play the drops will even it self out, because finding upgrades will be slower and slower due to you having better gear, no matter how high you set the drop chance on legendaries. It just makes it more fun, for me at least. Cheers.

IncGamers Member

I'm using mainly Monk lvl.60 (3) and trying to get gear to play at least Master I but best i can do solo is Hard mode which doesn't bring any better drops than easy mode. If anyone is willing to help me farm gear or have Monk/Dex/DH gear to dup or help with i would greatly appreciate the help. On xbox with mic, GT: wukillabee360

Will be on tonight around 8:30pm PST. Just have zero friends that play this game and with work don't have much time to invest in farming as i wish i would have. Thanks

BattleTag El Jaspador on XBL

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    I'm using mainly Monk lvl.60 (3) and trying to get gear to play at least Master I but best i can do solo is Hard mode which doesn't bring any better drops than easy mode. If anyone is willing to help me farm gear or have Monk/Dex/DH gear to dup or help with i would greatly appreciate the help. On xbox with mic, GT: wukillabee360

Will be on tonight around 8:30pm PST. Just have zero friends that play this game and with work don't have much time to invest in farming as i wish i would have. Thanks
    What is your DPS, health and armor? What skills and which weapon(s) are you using?

IncGamers Member

You can add me on xbox. I don't do any duping but I'll farm some master 1 stuff.

gt= gball

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    If anyone is willing to help me farm gear or have Monk/Dex/DH gear to dup or help with
    OMG... asking in public forum for duping... *sigh*

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboss_2000 View Post
    What is your DPS, health and armor? What skills and which weapon(s) are you using?
    Picture is what I have setup. This gets me ok on Master I but can't really kill bosses yet. Trying to loot on Easy, Normal, and Hard modes. Hoping to be able to at least get to where I can play Master I for looting.
    Skills:
    Primary Fists of thunder/thunder clap

Wave of light/empowered wave

Breath of heaven/blazing wrath

Way of hundred fists/windforce flurry

Seven sided strike/fulminating onslaught

Mantra conviction/overawe

Passive:
    One with everything
    Exalted soul
    Combination strike

Basically I go in a mob with thunderclap, then way of a hundred fists (combination strike buff), then hit the wave of light to clear them out or seven sided strike.

If there's a boss then I use the mantra and breath of heaven for boosts. Buffed I get about 111k damage.

What sucks though I think is my gear for stats.

Magic find is +135%
    Movement Speed is +25%
    Spirit regen is 3/second
    All resist with passive skill is 307
    Crit chance is 7%
    Crit damage is +50%
    Attacks 1.63/second

I do have an Executioner axe that gives me +49% magic find but damage is only 1364 giving me dps of 68.5k so doing magic loot runs on level Normal or Hard is best I can do.

Hoping to find good fists weapons for dual welding and to really get my attack speed up as I feel its very slow. When I see videos of monks on YouTube they fly, feel like I'm punching on street fighter here.

Gear
    Yellow gloves that give
    517 armor
    +260 dex
    +174 vit
    +59 physical resistance
    +6% attack speed
    +237 Armor
    +13% magic find

Shoulders are Barter Town Pads
    643 Armor
    +127 str