Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member

Re: Legendary overdose

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    You can add me on xbox. I don't do any duping but I'll farm some master 1 stuff.

gt= gball
    Thank you, will send request.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caixaa View Post
    OMG... asking in public forum for duping... *sigh*
    Coming from Diablo 2 I personally don't see the issue. Back then we played if a friend needed a better weapon I had we would trade real cash. Nothing crazy $5-10. Today on console same instance but I can just dupe for my friend (still legit as item was originally found in game) and now we both can be happy and enjoy the game more so while playing. Sounds like a win win to me. Unless there some stipulation as to duping I'm unaware of???

I'm sure many have their personal beliefs and what not on this but at the end of the day its a game, we play it to have fun as we see fit to our own liking. Now as far as modding items go then yeah, I would never consider that. Takes all the fun out but to think a friend could dupe an item that might take me a month or so to play and MAYBE one day find, ill take the dupe thank you very much. Only being able to enjoy this game maybe an hour a day 4 days a week at best makes it hard, not one to have 2+hrs to play this on a regular or really at all unfortunately.

BattleTag El Jaspador on XBL

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    Coming from Diablo 2 I personally don't see the issue. Back then we played if a friend needed a better weapon I had we would trade real cash. Nothing crazy $5-10. Today on console same instance but I can just dupe for my friend (still legit as item was originally found in game) and now we both can be happy and enjoy the game more so while playing. Sounds like a win win to me. Unless there some stipulation as to duping I'm unaware of???
    Well, the people who run this forum dont like talk about duping, so I just wouldn't talk about it in public unless you want to have your posts deleted.

Regarding your setup:

You MUST make sure have more crit chance! You don't have to go to outrageous amounts since the monk's attack speed is so high, in my opinion 25% or so is enough.

Have the blacksmith (You did level him up, right?) craft you gloves and wristgear until you get pieces that give you at least 7.5% increased chance each. Or, use jewelry that gives you 5% chance extra, even if that means giving up some DEX or VIT. Your next goal will be get two weapons (for increased attack speed and twice as many modifiers), and as far as I'm concerned sockets are a must. Put emeralds in there, for a big increase in critical damage.

Then, if your crit chance is where I think it should be, I would change Windflorce Flurry for Blazing Fists (15% IAS pretty much all the time you're in combat), and more importantly, swap 7SS for Sweeping Wind (with either Cyclone or Blade Storm as rune. If your crit chance is good you'll get 3 stacks of Blazing Fists and 3 stacks of cyclone almost instantly (I sometimes get 3 crits with the seven fast strikes in Way o/t 100 Fists) and you can keep them up for as long as you're in combat. And I would get rid of Exalted Sould and take Sezie The Initiative instead, for extra survivability.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboss_2000 View Post
    Well, the people who run this forum dont like talk about duping, so I just wouldn't talk about it in public unless you want to have your posts deleted.

Regarding your setup:

You MUST make sure have more crit chance! You don't have to go to outrageous amounts since the monk's attack speed is so high, in my opinion 25% or so is enough.

Have the blacksmith (You did level him up, right?) craft you gloves and wristgear until you get pieces that give you at least 7.5% increased chance each. Or, use jewelry that gives you 5% chance extra, even if that means giving up some DEX or VIT. Your next goal will be get two weapons (for increased attack speed and twice as many modifiers), and as far as I'm concerned sockets are a must. Put emeralds in there, for a big increase in critical damage.

Then, if your crit chance is where I think it should be, I would change Windflorce Flurry for Blazing Fists (15% IAS pretty much all the time you're in combat), and more importantly, swap 7SS for Sweeping Wind (with either Cyclone or Blade Storm as rune. If your crit chance is good you'll get 3 stacks of Blazing Fists and 3 stacks of cyclone almost instantly (I sometimes get 3 crits with the seven fast strikes in Way o/t 100 Fists) and you can keep them up for as long as you're in combat. And I would get rid of Exalted Sould and take Sezie The Initiative instead, for extra survivability.
    Understood.

Thank you for that. Will look into it next time I'm on and make the changes. Thank you, helps a lot.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Oh, how I wish I was a mod so I could BODY your posts about duping. It's like you think borrowing a friend's cardiovascular system to win a race is okay because he naturally got himself in that shape so he wins and you win.

You want all the results and none of the journey to get there when the whole damn point is the journey, the toil, the struggle and then being rewarded at the end of it all (and even for minor victories along the way).

*sigh*

Just...wow...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    And that's exactly why difficulty settings exist. Put it on Master V and tell me that you still feel overpowered.

The idea is that the loot leans more to the side of making sure you're well outfitted to overpowered rather than the other way around. They want it to be a good experience and they won't be able to please everyone, but more people find enjoyment from being super powerful and facerolling stuff than they do from being one shot and feeling like they can't access the content they want to.

Pick your poison. I don't think the Diablo series has ever been about being a "difficult" game in general though to be perfectly honest with you.
    If you have to instantly crank the difficulty up to the very highest as a starting point, the game's difficulty curve is utterly broken. I really hope you're not actually disagreeing with that, it would be beyond silly to argue otherwise.

I maintain that the loot you get in the console version is vastly overtuned, destroying the game's difficulty. When you can find 1100+ DPS 1h weapons in Hell Act2, something's wrong. You get absolutely buried in legendaries to the point where it takes a few days to have better gear than what people tend to have after months of playing the PC version, but the game's difficulty is the same. In less than 50 hours played on the console, you'll most likely have 200k+ DPS, 80k+ HP and so on. Character power rapidly outscales the game's difficulty.

You can briefly make it harder by selecting the highest difficulty setting available before you've actually gone through the previous ones, but this only lasts a couple of playthroughs before your gear has caught up. You could also choose not to wear pants and boots in order to make the game harder for yourself, but does the ability to gimp yourself really excuse a game that's clearly tuned wrong? It can't possibly be right that only the last couple of difficulty settings are not so easy that the gameplay is pointless. When inferno on normal, hard, mp1 and mp2 are so ridiculously effortless that you can completely breeze through it without breaking stride even when you've only just reached the content, something is wrong.

Something's definitely wrong with the console port's difficulty curve. Maybe if it had ten master levels, but not like this. Even mp5 is only moderately challenging, and only really because the mobs have so much HP that it simply takes a while to kill them, but after a few playthroughs you'll have depleted whatever minor challenges are to be found there, too. I've played through it all and have concluded that there's less than twenty hours of meaningful gameplay in D3C because the entire first 75% is so easy that it barely qualifies as gameplay, you can do it with your eyes closed, and then the last couple of difficulties hang on for about twenty hours before they too become so easy that playing is nothing more than a farming grind that takes no skill, attention or correct character building.

It's like this game's difficulty curve goes:
    Laughably effortless
    No challenge whatsoever
    Extremely easy
    Very easy
    Easy
    Normal

That's broken. Bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen View Post
    If you have to instantly crank the difficulty up to the very highest as a starting point, the game's difficulty curve is utterly broken. I really hope you're not actually disagreeing with that, it would be beyond silly to argue otherwise.

I maintain that the loot you get in the console version is vastly overtuned, destroying the game's difficulty. When you can find 1100+ DPS 1h weapons in Hell Act2, something's wrong. You get absolutely buried in legendaries to the point where it takes a few days to have better gear than what people tend to have after months of playing the PC version, but the game's difficulty is the same. In less than 50 hours played on the console, you'll most likely have 200k+ DPS, 80k+ HP and so on. Character power rapidly outscales the game's difficulty.

You can briefly make it harder by selecting the highest difficulty setting available before you've actually gone through the previous ones, but this only lasts a couple of playthroughs before your gear has caught up. You could also choose not to wear pants and boots in order to make the game harder for yourself, but does the ability to gimp yourself really excuse a game that's clearly tuned wrong? It can't possibly be right that only the last couple of difficulty settings are not so easy that the gameplay is pointless. When inferno on normal, hard, mp1 and mp2 are so ridiculously effortless that you can completely breeze through it without breaking stride even when you've only just reached the content, something is wrong.

Something's definitely wrong with the console port's difficulty curve. Maybe if it had ten master levels, but not like this. Even mp5 is only moderately challenging, and only really because the mobs have so much HP that it simply takes a while to kill them, but after a few playthroughs you'll have depleted whatever minor challenges are to be found there, too. I've played through it all and have concluded that there's less than twenty hours of meaningful gameplay in D3C because the entire first 75% is so easy that it barely qualifies as gameplay, you can do it with your eyes closed, and then the last couple of difficulties hang on for about twenty hours before they too become so easy that playing is nothing more than a farming grind that takes no skill, attention or correct character building.

It's like this game's difficulty curve goes:
    Laughably effortless
    No challenge whatsoever
    Extremely easy
    Very easy
    Easy
    Normal

That's broken. Bad design.
    Try to laugh your way through master V hardcore and see if ever even reach paragon 1

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4

IncGamers Member

You're just full of straw men and non-arguments, aren't you? Nevermind, you're impossible to talk to.

Keep up the fanboy white-knighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen View Post
    You're just full of straw men and non-arguments, aren't you? Nevermind, you're impossible to talk to.

Keep up the fanboy white-knighting.
    Lol. I like the reference i have to say.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4