Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Legendary overdose

Well, let me start by saying i am primarily a console gamer. I am 29 years old have grew up with a controller in my hand since atari. With that out of the way...given the amount of my life i have dedicated to videogames should i get shortchanged on long term commitment because i am a "console gamer"?

The short answer is hell no. I am sick of getting handed legendaries because blizzard thinks that the casual market is in consoles and they want to hyperwarp you into massive dps so you can play wii bowling. I bought this game becausd i love the grind. I have lived for the grind. I purchase jrpg's because of you guessed it...the GRIND.

As of now i love d3. As of now im afraid i will be burnt out in another 30 hours because of the insane drops i receive so very frequently. I want to play this game years from now, if i am equipped with all legendaries, have 200k dps, easily burn through master 3 (already) only at paragon lvl 8 i just have to ask how much longer will this be fun?

For now im just going to lay in my own vomit with a needle dangling from my tied off arm with a steady flow of legendaries still streaming through my veins. Thanks blizz.....?????

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4

IncGamers Member

Re: Legendary overdose

While I get my share of legendary drops it's not often that it actually replaces what I am currently wearing. I'm only lvl56 and just hit Act 2 on hell mode.

That is a really good point, im just upset with the loot 1.5 drop rate i guess.

BattleTag Elly-1983

When Blizzard were talking about the increase in quality of drops, reducing the whites, increasing legendaries etc I had a sneaking suspicion this might happen. That they'd over-compensate and treat the market as too casual and end up showering you with riches that end up sucking the sense of achievement out of item hunting.

How many hours have you clocked up?
    Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    When Blizzard were talking about the increase in quality of drops, reducing the whites, increasing legendaries etc I had a sneaking suspicion this might happen. That they'd over-compensate and treat the market as too casual and end up showering you with riches that end up sucking the sense of achievement out of item hunting.

How many hours have you clocked up?
    Id say i probably have 80 hours in but yeah i assumed that was gonna be the case as well. Its a good thing of course but i mean on the other hand its overkill. Idk hopefully with patches and more endgame it will resolve itself. I still have to hunt for set items so that will keep me entertained.

BattleTag El Jaspador on XBL

I just finished the game on Inferno and I have yet to find one single set item! I've done Inferno pretty much on Master I entirely, but: nothing! The Legendaries that I've found so far seem to be mostly jewelry and two-handed melee weapons (which I don't want to use on my Monk for role playing-ish reasons), so there's still plenty to be found for me.

Ik right! Lol i just want a zuni set, i have a ring so far. I am actually glad they are low rate drops though, im gonna have a long farming session here soon i will post if i get lucky. Inferno m3 act 3 and FoM i believe.

BattleTag El Jaspador on XBL

On which console are you playing?

Ps3 but offline unfortunately, i just got the infernal machine plans to drop about 3 minutes ago so that was sweet. Bout my 6th try

IncGamers Member

Man had a good night last night...finally a bad *** one hander I think its the butcher axe with awesome min/max damage and life steal and my first legendary ring I can use. Has over 100 all stats with 90 resist all..

One thing I do hate and I assume it's related to smart loot is all the other legendary weapons that drop for me ALWAYS have int.

So much for trying to trade stuff for my wizard.

Know any barbs looking for a mighty 2 hander with huge int? Haha