Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reaper of Souls Beta Tester bluedragon's Avatar
    BattleTag BlueDragon-2603
    I don't know why you assume all players have hundreds of millions of gold. The largest amount I ever had(currently have)is 22 mil & I know a lot of players who have less than 50 mil (actually most below 25 mil)

&my problem with crafting is gold followed by regular crafting materials not demonic essence
    & also with the AH gone & no way to gain these huge amounts of money from gameplay I think blizzard should really lower the gem crafting prices since they would become possible to craft (I never crafted any gem higher than flawless star due to lack of gold mainly)

BattleTag Greer-1174

Re: Will Gold Retain Value in Diablo 3's Future?

Quote Originally Posted by kolpo View Post
    "Why? Look no further than D2. Without a currency, you cannot effectively trade."

This is actually a very strong argument why blizzard would not want gold to have any value. What was in Blizzard\'s own words wrong with the auction house? It was too convenient!

They now learned that convenient trading is an enemy of gameplay in an ARPG. They have every reason to make trade as inconvenient as possible, I expect that we won\'t see any new trade mode, we won\'t see any upgrades to in game trading, people losing items by scammers in trading shall not be refunded nor shall fighting those scammers be given high priority. The scammers are making trade more inconvenient, they are actually helping Blizzard. In addition shall many good items be account bound. Using out of game sites and tools to trade could even be forbidden in the ToS, including trades that only involve in game currency.
    I don't see how making trading inconvenient is good game design.

Im all for Loot 2.0, but the GAH wasn't the problem.

BattleTag Artemis-1554
    Same for me. I managed to get to 5 million by selling mats and gems, then got lucky with selling an amulet for 30 million. I don't expect to see that again unless I sell off all the gear I'm using.

I'm sure everyone would be fine with much lower gold costs but something needs to be done about all the gold that's currently floating around.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar
    Anyone currently playing console would know the answer to this question. So let me spell it out for you. AH is the end game for most players currently, upon which gold is important. So they are removing the AH as being the end game so gold will NOT be as valuable so stop dreaming. If you have acquired 1bil gold atm there will not be some miraculous invention that will make you superman, sorry but no. NO SUPERMAN, NO SUPA DUPA GOLD INSANE MAN UBER DUBER WANK WANK!!! You're gold does not own all my bases lawl so stick it up u\'r azz.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon View Post
    I don't know why you assume all players have hundreds of millions of gold. The largest amount I ever had(currently have)is 22 mil & I know a lot of players who have less than 50 mil (actually most below 25 mil)

&my problem with crafting is gold followed by regular crafting materials not demonic essence
    & also with the AH gone & no way to gain these huge amounts of money from gameplay I think blizzard should really lower the gem crafting prices since they would become possible to craft (I never crafted any gem higher than flawless star due to lack of gold mainly)
    I'm curious as to why you think it wasn't a problem.

When did I say that? I think shutting down the AH entirely is largely a PR-driven decision and is probably a bad thing on the whole. I\'d have kept it in the game but boosted drop rates of good stuff and made most of the top gear BoA to create some item churn.

That said, if the devs have some good ideas for facilitating trading in-game, and they include some AH-like ways to sell/buy materials and other commodities, a non-AH system could work okay. I just dread winding up with some kind of D2 WUGgy hellish existence.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Remember: You'll never be able to get rich in this game like you are now. No more billions of gold. Even multi-millions will become hard to collect.

One possibility on how it will go down:
    -RoS comes out, everyone blows his millions into crafting, gems and enchanting since you can't use the gold otherwise
    -people start to find strong items which they *think* must be worth multi-billions but they can't check anymore because no AH
    -they try to trade them for said multi-billions but find no one who has that kinda gold anymore
    -they try to sell them on shady forums for real money and get scammed so hard, they'll choke on their tears

BoA on dropped Legendaries is not needed , but it totally is needed when you use the Mystic to enchant your gear , it is good to take items out of the economy , Mystic will do a great job at that.

Also Gold being useless in ladders is not gonna be true , I believe just like when D3C was released back in May , gold was so valuable the first month before the Bots flooded the AH with gold from farming first Epic Monster in Act1 near old tristram , non ladder though is kinda confusing to me , new players can\'t generate enough gold on their own without the AH and old players have billions on billions of gold and most of them might be playing ladder because they are bored with all the wealth they have and they have been farming mp10 for so long now , but again bots still have insane amounts of gold and rich players might not care much about their gold if they play non ladder so everybody will be doing trades in 100s of millions or billions and everybody will have a slice of that gold pie , also not to forget that many players might just buy crazy amounts of Gold before RMAH closes if they prefer non ladder and permanent economy.

TL DR : Gold in Ladder will retain value for a good amount of time , gold in Non Ladder is in a weird spot.

I am happy they took out the AH not because I hate it , but because it does affect the drop rates and they have to always keep the AH and ease of trading in mind when changing drop rates of certain legendaries.

But I also think if they had done something to the Mystic to allow it to give better affixes than what can drop ingame and bind items meanwhile then the AH would still be useful but not the best place to get gear , they could also do many things and turn the AH like it is in WoW where it is used to buy crafting materials and other things like Pets and Mounts and whatnot , they could make Dye a drop only thing ingame and make a slot for Pets/Wings/... decoration items that are very rare and a drop only instead of wasting an amulet slot to get that Murloc pet.

But Hey the future is looking bright for D3 lets hope for the best

That is a good idea , but what if you are really unlucky and you didn\'t find any gold piles ? You can\'t repair without Gold and you can\'t craft without Gold and mostly you can\'t trade without it because it will be the best thing to find ingame and everybody wants to keep it.