Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Show off your Loot 2.0/RoS build

Quote Originally Posted by scythemage View Post
    That's where the 288% number comes from if that was confusing.
    Ah, right, forgot about that.

IncGamers Member

Edit: Woops, dang iPad double posted. Delete.
    Last edited by scythemage; 28-09-2013 at 11:02. Reason: Double post

IncGamers Member

Snurrfint, what do you think about the affix, "while below 30% life, all attacks are guaranteed critical hits," in the strafe build? With nightstalker and all those crits, you could probably sustain that much hp with smokescreens and vault evades. It probably won't be worth losing the strafe or vault affix over if all three end up being rings though. If we could use all three of these plus the 25% damage and resource regen bonus while moving affix, that would be ridiculous lol. Strafe builds are looking very fun in RoS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by scythemage View Post
    Snurrfint, what do you think about the affix, "while below 30% life, all attacks are guaranteed critical hits," in the strafe build? With nightstalker and all those crits, you could probably sustain that much hp with smokescreens and vault evades. It probably won't be worth losing the strafe or vault affix over if all three end up being rings though. If we could use all three of these plus the 25% damage and resource regen bonus while moving affix, that would be ridiculous lol. Strafe builds are looking very fun in RoS lol.
    Looks like a good pickup. Not sure if I like staying below 30% health all that long especially with a DH. But combined with Nightstalker it should be a really good affix to have. I can see it being very popular on HC.

IncGamers Member

HC might be too risky, but playing a HC setup on a SC character could work.

IncGamers Member

I found a SOJ 20% cold + 30% dmg elites and a String of Ears +30% melee reduction yesterday so I flipped my DH to a frozen arrow build. Even though my sheet DPS sucks, my damage is really high and I can mow through anything on T1 now.

Character Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/m...8/hero/1029798

My planned build for RoS (above link, may change some skills around, toying with Vault instead of Rain of
    Vengeance or it will be Vengeance in RoS)

Weapon: Kridershot
    Offhand: Flint-Ripper Arrowheads +8% EArrow
    Head: Andariel's Visage +20% Cold Skill
    Ammy: Eye of Etlich +10% Cold +30% dmg reduction on ranged attacks
    Shoulders: Death Watch or Zakara or Marauder's (no great options in shoulders that have unique affixes)
    Torso: Tyrael's or Shi Mizu or Marauder's (no great options in torso that have unique affixes)
    Belt: String of Ears +30% dmg reduction on melee
    Gloves: Frostburn +15% Cold
    Bracers: Trag'oul (LoH of ~ 2000) (no great options in bracers that have unique affixes)
    Ring #1: SoJ +20% Cold +30% elite dmg
    Ring #2: Occulus, or Eternal Union or BK or that ring that grants -1 to sets
    Pants: Marauders (no great options in pants that have unique affixes)
    Boots: Ice Climbers (no freeze is a winner especially against Izual!) or Boj Anglers +15% EArrow

If I get a few Marauder pieces 3 + ring or 4 pieces, I'll get +500 dex and the all companions at once which would give another decent boost overall to everything

I have a few of the pieces like Etlich and Andariel's but without the cold, so I'd like to enchant this when RoS hits as a stop gap to improve quickly my char

I was ok on T1 with crits around 200k with my old build but now this one just rips everything with crits on 800k-1M dmg, I'll probably move over to T2-3 with this and try it.

One thing that is not yet fixed is my toughness went down from 1.4M to 900K so I do take a bit more dmg and may change the spider to boar (with Marauder's 4 set bonus this will be "fixed") to help in dmg reduction + I don't wear etlich yet either for the +30% ranged dmg reduction

Play style is simple, drop caltrop +10% CC, shoot marked for death in the pack, mix entangling shots and frost arrows while staying far (trigger RoV once in a while with large packs). Playing solo I have to kite sometimes but in groups, this would no longer be much of an issue and I could stay far enough to avoid hairy situations and with Ice climbers, the fact that I don't have to move to avoid frozen makes this much more quick to mow down elites.