Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Question about stat points for a summoner/werewolf druid

Lawbringer is an interesting weapon, yes. I made one for my fury druid, but he used it for about 1/2 an hour in arcane sanctuary, Hell. While it does some nice damage to undead and has chance to cast Decrepify, the knockback to all undead form sanctuary aura drove me mad.
    I think that if you haven't played with Lawbringer before (and don't have the runes to waste), you should ask yourself about your playstyle. If you are more defensive type of player, then I would reccomend Lawbringer. But if you are offensive (I now I am) (and perfectionist --> leaving no monster behind alive) you'll end up chasing those undead to who knows where.
    It all comes down to playstile. I personally hate running around, chasing individual mosnters.

p.s. I'm using Lawbringer now on my frezny barb against undead, because they cannot be leached and need to be killed very fast (or knockbacked). I plan to use it until I find someting nice to put Death in (and I am looking forward to that day ).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagaz View Post
    I plan to use it until I find someting nice to put Death in (and I am looking forward to that day ).
    An ethereal berserker axe, perhaps? Actually, I keep finding socketed ettin axes lately for some reason. I kind of wish they were berserker axes.

He's (kind of) a themed character, so only swords, among other restrictions. Not to mention jawbone visors. With 2 sockets. For Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    An ethereal berserker axe, perhaps? Actually, I keep finding socketed ettin axes lately for some reason. I kind of wish they were berserker axes.
    Doesnt Death require 5os axes? And Berserker axes has 6os as maximum, while Ettin has 5os.. just sayin'

I can't get the Ladder RWM to work on my PC. It downloaded fine, but it won't let me access any of my old chars. It will only let me create new ones. It's very frustrating and I can't spend any more time on it, so Ladder runewords are off the table for me, unfortunately.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for some better gear for him. He's doing pretty well right now in act 3 NM but there's no way he will survive hell the way he is at the moment. However I shall persevere and have faith in him! He's a good doggy!

IncGamers Member NoisemakerArrow's Avatar

Maybe you didn't install it correctly? You should sort out this issue, since the ladder runewords are great.

A Lionheart armour would help greatly, as well as Jalal's Mane. Upgraded Ribcracker is wonderful, as is Highlord's Wrath as an amulet. For the gloves, you can't go wrong with Laying Of Hands. Nat's boots are what I use on my wolf druid, switching to Goblin Toe for bosses.

It's not a good idea to start off with a melee character. A caster can do much better and find a lot of items that melee characters need to do well.