Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Let's Discuss Breaking Bad! (Spoilers)

How Breaking Bad is Going to End

Spoiler

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtru View Post
    I don't quite understand the sympathy for Jesse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    I disagree. Jesse is still a drug cook yes, but the one important difference between him and Walt is that Jesse shows remorse. Walt has been using him and controlling him, so Jesse's actions are more Walt's actions.
    EXACTLY. My thoughts precisely. Jesse did some horrible things as well, but he showed remorse for killing Gayle (i don't think he wanted to to begin with), he started to realize how dangerous this was and wanted out. Yeah he fell for Jane and got her back into drugs. But before he found out Walt did what he did, he felt bad for getting her into the drugs, felt bad for her dying. He blamed himself. He did more so he could stop thinking about her! And if any of this is wrong, please correct me as I sleep heavy and my memory is starting to forget things. :/

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    1. Probably Skinny Pete and Badger, simply because they are freakin hilarious and I hope they make it out okay. My fav main character may be Skyler at this point. I used to hate her, but in this last season that has changed dramatically.

2. My favourite episode is probably Face/Off, the last episode of the 4th season. Oh god so good! Also Gus' Theme (Spoilers).
    Dude, I give High Honorable Mentions to Skinny Pete and Badger. I laugh my *** off when they get into their debates.

That was my number one fave moment of the show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Also, Walt says time and time again this is about family, hell no, it's about his ego, being repressed, disrespected,
    Yes! It stopped being about the family a long time ago. I think he just kept telling himself that so he had an excuse to keep doing it.

I can't imagine how they are going to create a satisfying ending in just an hour. So I'm a bit nervous about it. Please no Sopranos ending!!
    i heard it might be two hours. Yeah, this thing can't wrap up in one hour, lol!

And the way Walt told him about Jane in Ozymandias was brutal.
    No kidding!!

Bob, you wiseass! XD

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

It's 75 minutes according to AMC. That's including commercials.
    Then I just won't b​other!

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    EXACTLY. My thoughts precisely. Jesse did some horrible things as well, but he showed remorse for killing Gayle (i don't think he wanted to to begin with), he started to realize how dangerous this was and wanted out. Yeah he fell for Jane and got her back into drugs. But before he found out Walt did what he did, he felt bad for getting her into the drugs, felt bad for her dying. He blamed himself. He did more so he could stop thinking about her! And if any of this is wrong, please correct me as I sleep heavy and my memory is starting to forget things. :/ XD
    So it's ok to do horrible things if you feel really bad about it afterwards?

I do feel sympathy for Jesse, but he has gone along with Walt from day one. Whether he feels good or bad about it is irrelevant. If I shoot you in the head, but gee I just feel dreadful about it, you are still dead. My remorse would be more useful BEFORE I pull the trigger. He was a lowlife before Walt came into his life and he had been dragged lower, yes, but he is responsible for horrible things happening.

I don't think he's responsible for Jane. She clearly was only staying clean for her dad and would have started again at some point. When Jesse first met her, she knew what he was right away and not only rented to him when no sane person would, but hung around him until they got together. If anything, she corrupted him and his weakness let him be corrupted. She was Walt's rival regarding control over Jesse which is why Walt let her die - it solved Walt's problem.

Jesse is likable, but he is just as bad as Walt.

So it's ok to do horrible things if you feel really bad about it afterwards?

I do feel sympathy for Jesse, but he has gone along with Walt from day one. Whether he feels good or bad about it is irrelevant. If I shoot you in the head, but gee I just feel dreadful about it, you are still dead. My remorse would be more useful BEFORE I pull the trigger. He was a lowlife before Walt came into his life and he had been dragged lower, yes, but he is responsible for horrible things happening.

I don't think he's responsible for Jane. She clearly was only staying clean for her dad and would have started again at some point. When Jesse first met her, she knew what he was right away and not only rented to him when no sane person would, but hung around him until they got together. If anything, she corrupted him and his weakness let him be corrupted. She was Walt's rival regarding control over Jesse which is why Walt let her die - it solved Walt's problem.

Jesse is likable, but he is just as bad as Walt.

I mean...it's a TV show. If everyone hated everyone on the show nobody would watch it.

(no disrespect by this next comment but cant think of a better way to phrase it)

Jesse is the tallest midget on the show in terms of likeable characters. Is he bad? Yea, he's a junkie who's made, sold, and manufactured meth and been responsible for the death of a handful of people. But the fact that he shows remorse makes him not as bad as Walt. He's still bad, but he isn't AS bad.

Walt and Jesse both feel bad about some of the things they have done, the difference being Walt's ego can still trump his remaining morality, Jesse's can't. As evidenced by the last episode *spoilers, piss off*, walt was ready to give himself for his family (ie. try to save there money) then backed off as soon as the grey matter people stung his pride. Same with Hank's death, he genuinely regretted it, but completely missed the impact on his family because he's so detached and then went quickly to focusing on getting his money back from the nazi dudes. He still recognizes what he should feel, his hubris simply trumps it. Mike's death, same thing.

This show kicks ***, for no other reason than you can put yourself in Walt's shoes as a desperate fmaily man, and the arc of deterioration is completely plausible and believable. They also took the right amount of time to document the decline of not only Walt but the other characters too. didn't happen too fast, or drag out 3 seasons too long (read: dexter). Has been plain brilliant.

Needs more dragons though :P

Cheers boys
    Dutch

OK, I am persuaded. I don't hate Jesse at all, quite the reverse - I feel really dreadful for him. But you guys are right - he has shown genuine remorse by literally turning himself in to the DEA and making a full videotaped confession. And of course that has only served to make his situation worse than it could possibly be. So I forgive him. I don't hate any of the characters except Walt. I really want to see him get taken down.

It's such an interesting contrast between two guys doing bad things. Walt seems to be energized by it, and it gives him focus and clarity and purpose. Jesse is just destroyed piece by piece and seems to have no control over it.

*Bites nails in anticipation of Sunday

And there's a gap between this ending and Walking Dead starting up ... I'll have to read a book or something! NOOO!!

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

There is bad, and then there is bad.

http://madatoms.com/uploads/content/...reakingbad.jpg

Relevant link is relevant.