Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Let's Discuss Breaking Bad! (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    Walts take the Ricin before engaging with the Nazis. It is said that it takes some time to work (days), and he takes it because no matter what, he has nothing to live for.

^The above is so unbelievable, that I just had to write it down. I don't hope that the ricin is for Lydia, that **** was the reason the nazi dudes went to walts old house and threatened Skylar, although he doesn't know that now, he will realize that Skylar is in great danger, since Lydia doesn't believe Todd when he says, that she is safe. It needs to be personal and very up close.

And to be fair, Jesse should be the one killing Todd.
    But Walt is dying already. And it could be any day by the way his body is reacting. Also, Walt says time and time again this is about family, hell no, it's about his ego, being repressed, disrespected, and discredited throughout his entire life. His hubris is unbelievable. When he sees Gray Matter discrediting him at the end of the last episode, he is turned into full on Heisenberg. It's not about his family or having nothing to live for, it's about ensuring he gets credit for his work instead of his meth empire turning into another Gray Matter. THAT'S why I think the ricin is for Lydia.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    I could imagine Walt putting ricin in Lydias tea, and after she drinks it, he sits down in front of her: "Hello Lydia".
    There are no Checkov's Gun in Breaking Bad and Lydia has always been very specific about what she puts into her tea...

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    But Walt is dying already. And it could be any day by the way his body is reacting. Also, Walt says time and time again this is about family, hell no, it's about his ego, being repressed, disrespected, and discredited throughout his entire life. His hubris is unbelievable. When he sees Gray Matter discrediting him at the end of the last episode, he is turned into full on Heisenberg. It's not about his family or having nothing to live for, it's about ensuring he gets credit for his work instead of his meth empire turning into another Gray Matter. THAT'S why I think the ricin is for Lydia.

There are no Checkov's Gun in Breaking Bad and Lydia has always been very specific about what she puts into her tea...
    And when he gets his credit, what do you think he will do? After it's "over"?

I don't necessarily believe that a Checkov's Gun is needed in this case.

EDIT: Didn't see your post, BPC. I think the ricin and the tea would be too obvious as well, which is why I wouldn't like it, if they went that route. I'm just mentioning it.

The best course of action for this finale episode, will be something that I wouldn't be able to predict. I hope I'm wrong in all my silly predictions in this thread.

EDIT2: Jesse is a whiner. ALL ABOARD THE WALTER HYPE TRAIN CHUU CHUU CHUU CHUU

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    To start this off; a small questionnaire!

1. Who is your favourite character?

2. What is your favourite episode?

3. When did you start watching?

4. Are you caught up on the most recent episode?

5. ​How freaking excited are you for the finale?!?!
    Hank was my favorite. He was the only character who always did the right thing. The only time he didn't was when he put Jesse in the hospital. He had a very good reason and he owned up to it and took responsibility for it. He was devoted to his wife, who was a difficult person, and he was very good to his nephew. He had his own demons and his own struggles, but he fought to overcome them. He didn't blame other people for his problems, the way Walt does over and over. He faced up to his own weaknesses and didn't try to pass them off on anyone else. And he probably suffered as badly as anyone at Walt's hands - he almost died and almost lost the ability to walk.

No favorite ep for me. I love the music in it though. There was some great music in season 2.

We've watched it streaming from the beginning and haven't missed any.

I can't imagine how they are going to create a satisfying ending in just an hour. So I'm a bit nervous about it. Please no Sopranos ending!!

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

SPOILER [S5E14~ish]

Maybe they are doing an expented last episode, 1,5 hour? Would be great!

As to Hank, sorta forgot about him in my previous posts, I really really liked that character. Although I felt different about him, when he actually discovered the true identity of Walt. Something deep inside kept saying, that Hank shouldn't bring Walt down, and I, as a viewer, became sorta against Hank. From a story point of view, I was happy, with the way the ended the storyline of Hank. (Especially his last line, RIGHT IN THE FEELS)

I'm not sure if this is just me, rooting for the bad guy. But with every episode, I always wanted to see how much further Walt could take things.

btw, Goldtru I can only recommend to listen to the different season soundtracks. Here's the one for season 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiI0...674B025ADC7A3C

I like most of the songs, especially when I picture them, being played in the series (I can't remember all of the scenes for the songs)

EDIT: And now I can't stop listening the music I just linked you... I had stuff to do:/

I cannot root for Walt any more. That ship sailed quite a while ago. I want to see him get what he deserves. I hope Jesse kills him. While Jesse is no saint, all the horrors in his life are a direct result of Walt. Jane's death was horrible, even tho she was a rotten person who was bad for Jesse. And the way Walt told him about Jane in Ozymandias was brutal.

Hank was the only character who was unequivocally a "good guy" and it cost him his life, but he died on his terms in a way that Walt probably envies and will never accomplish.

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Guess I'm just not rooting for the "good guys"

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Can't wait for the spinoff:

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Better call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Can't wait for the spinoff:

You just bought yourself one "get out of rug free" card because this is awesome.

I think no matter what we can all agree that we hope to be surprised this coming Sunday.

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

I can't see it before Monday:/