Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

could someone explain to me the "diablo/baal party?"

and why it's the ideal, legitimate method to leveling?

as the topic suggest, i'm afraid i'm a bit dense on the concept. wouldn't killing diablo and baal solo, assuming any and all scenarios take place in 8-player games, yield the most exp?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Re: could someone explain to me the "diablo/baal party?"

Well there aren't enough games to just log onto bnet, join a 7 player game, solo diablo or baal, and exit the game to look for the next one. With that option off the table, you can either kill them in single player games, or try to get a baal group going for group xp. The latter choice yields more xp, so people do that.

I think some people probably own 8 copies of D2, create their own 8 player realm game, and solo diablo or baal. dont know for sure, or even if it is possible.

IncGamers Member

you're right, there really aren't enough (public) games to hit and run diablo/baal. however, i'm not sure that answers my question. in a thread about leveling, butchie writes:

Quote Originally Posted by butchie View Post
    Find some good baal running channel.
    Levels 97+ usually do the following:
    1.) Kill Nihlatak while someones tele throne and CS party is killing seals.
    2.) Go to CS when told by the CS party for Diablo kill (max 3 ppl in CS)
    3.) Go to throne for the remaining waves (with good party it can be made in time for wave 3) and then kill baal in a baal party (max. 4 ppl party of highest chars ingame).
    emphasis is mine. 2.) refers to the "diablo party" and 3.) "baal party" (dp and bp on european servers, lol).

so my question is why is this preferred over just letting the guy solo kill d and b?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

At high levels the majority of your experience will come from Baal/Diablo/Nihl, because they're higher levels than everything else. Killing them in a game with more people yields more exp.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    At high levels the majority of your experience will come from Baal/Diablo/Nihl, because they're higher levels than everything else. Killing them in a game with more people yields more exp.
    i appreciate the input but am still quite curious

why is it recommended to form two parties (three players + you kill diablo, then four players of the highest level + you kill baal)?

Ive done the 2 team > dia seal + Baal throne setup. With nihla solo.

And its for sure the best strategy between 97-99.

I actually got a lvl 99 Amazon many years ago with that strategy.

why is it recommended to form two parties (three players + you kill diablo, then four players of the highest level + you kill baal)?
    Speed.
    If you can do 19-20 games/hours, you get the most xp. Without (hopefully) get a temp ban.

Iirc, my team had me get Dia+Nihla+Baal killed for myself, in less than 3:15. Which is very fast!

BattleTag kestegs-1550

It is a faster way to level, but it requires a dedicated team that is well geared and knows what they're doing, and they are spending a lot of their time to help one person level.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Speed.
    If you can do 19-20 games/hours, you get the most xp. Without (hopefully) get a temp ban.

Iirc, my team had me get Dia+Nihla+Baal killed for myself, in less than 3:15. Which is very fast!
    wow, didn't realize it was that simple. thought maybe there might've been some lesser known experience mechanic at play but that makes sense in the context of rushing a character from 1 to 99 on a fresh ladder or if the character has a hard time tangoing with the prime evils.

thnx archone! and a very late congraties on your legit 99.