Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    AH will always outpace the items you find in the game. Simple law of averages, 2 million people have a better chance of finding better loot than your \"measly\" 2k hours. No amount of itemization improvements would magically fix this issue.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    lol Great analogy.

But the crappy drop rates are BECAUSE of the existence of the RMAH and GAH.

Granted the affixes and itemization of things sucks, but Loot 2.0 is supposed to fix this.

IncGamers Member
    For me, the whole point of playing the game is to find loot...that\'s why I played the first Diablo, that\'s why I played Diablo II, add in any number of similar style games (Titan Quest, Sacreds, Champions of Norath on console..), and even though drop rates and item quality are still subpar I\'m still playing Diablo III. The very few times I used the auction house to gear up my softcore characters, it felt like cheating. I love the thrill of finding new items, especially Legendaries (unless it\'s another crappy Monk helm...please, no more of them...) – and the mechanics of Leg/Set items dropping is fantastic too!

The AH was clearly a significant factor affecting item drops and item quality...with them gone, it removes a major obstacle to making item drops better. Granted the items themselves have to improve as well, but it seems clear that the current dev leadership is really trying to work that out as well.

TLDR: games like Diablo are as simple as the \"Kill, reward\" formula...with no AH, we\'ll finally have a better chance to get the \"reward!\"

Banned
    I believe that as long as trading is still possible that the removal of the AH is a mistake. Adding an inconvenience isn\'t a good design decision IMHO.
    Just fixing the loot and using more account binding would have resolved most of the issues people perceived as stemming from the AH.
    No AH didn\'t stop anyone from trading is D2, and in fact trading was the only way to get the best loot in D2 as well.
    If after loot 2.0 you still need to trade to get the best items, people will still do it. If they really thought that trading is detrimental to the game they would have removed it completely from the game, and I would have respected them for sticking to their principles.
    This just reeks of the new design team leadership trying to curry favor with the playerbase by reversing unpopular decision made by the previous leadership. And I dislike these shenanigans...
    I hate to imagine what a nightmare commodity trading will be after this... Not to mention that this will most likely completely devalue gold and cause some other form of currency a la SOJ to emerge.

Great analogy? So you would prefer public toilets did not exist? Wouldn\'t a better idea be to improve the maintenance on the toilet? Instead you have no toilet and must crap your pants...

So yeah, good analogy. Public toilets are disgusting but serve a purpose. Don\'t ban public toilets just because you don\'t like them. Fix what is wrong with the toilet instead.

IncGamers Member
    Well looks like the skeezy third party companies that sell **** get the win here.
    Blizzard should keep the real money auction house so that people, if wanting to purchase items, have a legitimate place to go.

None of the guys I\'ve talked to on console podcasts had done any pvp yet. Certainly not doing it online, since hacked items are spreading wildly through the console community, so all legit players are afraid to do any public gaming/pvp.

That aside, I think console players find brawling as irrelevant as PC players do, and they\'re waiting for a real pvp system just like their forebears.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870
    No, it\'s just more efficient to use the public toilet than crap your pants, so you go ahead and use it even though it makes you feel gross.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar
    I\'m still waiting for the digital download of D3 for the Xbox360 which will apparently become available October 3rd. I will not be playing online at all since I would expect cheating which would majorly taint my self found experience.

Since gold got hacked on the pc \'online only\' version which is meant to mean that all your gear is \'legit\' I believe that its become a fair cop to state that any players who use the gah have had their characters considerably tainted.

The online only anti cheat strategy has failed, and failed miserably. Now trading has just become a means to spread the cheating taint across the whole community just like duping and trading together did in D2. The only means to avoid the stench of being tainted by the use of trading is to proclaim your gaming objectives as being either self found or play only with friends. Amen.