Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: Outbreak: Amish Mafia style - Mini Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I agree with your thinking, and I've thought since the sign ups that it would likely be 3vs6
    Well when I laid it out I don't think I agree with 3 vs 6 unless its a funky set up. Can you explain your thinking a little more?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Because 4vs5 seems far too many and 2vs7 seems a bit low.

pfft, 3v6 seems unlikely. Way more likely to be 6v3.

noobs

If we were voting for scum this post would include a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Because 4vs5 seems far too many and 2vs7 seems a bit low.
    3 V 6 is not necessarily balance though...I really am not trying to fish for a power role, but it seems like you know there is a town killing role, otherwise 3 V 6 guarantees a mafia in the final 3, and even worse if a vigilante guesses wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    pfft, 3v6 seems unlikely. Way more likely to be 6v3.

noobs
    I mean we've discussed how every game I you send off a scum vibe to me, this game is no different but Kestegs has you beat for now

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Assuming best case scenario and the first two days are town voted in and there are two town killed by that time. On the third day that would leave 5 Players left. If only 2 were mafia, town still technically has voting control and chances are that a town member would also be voted in on that day. For this reason I would say that the game is most likely 6vs3.
    Then I just won't b​other!

Gory's first post doesn't have a scenario for what would happen if three mafia were voted in (outcome obvious, but not stated nonetheless). Considering this game is all about the townies voting for townies I'm inclined to believe there are only two mafia.

Kestegs and Pharphis are not getting my votes. I feel like this game would greatly benefit from us giving our townie list periodically.

Town: Pyro, Bad Ash, Gwaihir

Mafia: Kestegs, Pharphis, Caluin Graye

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    3 V 6 is not necessarily balance though...I really am not trying to fish for a power role, but it seems like you know there is a town killing role, otherwise 3 V 6 guarantees a mafia in the final 3, and even worse if a vigilante guesses wrong.

I mean we've discussed how every game I you send off a scum vibe to me, this game is no different but Kestegs has you beat for now
    See bpc's description, it doesn't guarantee it. Week, it would be 3 mafia vs 2 town worst case. But if mafia made an obvious play to get a person in on day 3 then lylo would be pretty simple.

If there is a town vigilante, which I doubt, then they should not be killing anyone without better info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    Gory's first post doesn't have a scenario for what would happen if three mafia were voted in (outcome obvious, but not stated nonetheless). Considering this game is all about the townies voting for townies I'm inclined to believe there are only two mafia.

Kestegs and Pharphis are not getting my votes. I feel like this game would greatly benefit from us giving our townie list periodically.

Town: Pyro, Bad Ash, Gwaihir

Mafia: Kestegs, Pharphis, Caluin Graye
    Gory's post says 2 or more, that covers 3 since 3>2.

Why am I scummy?

And why did you leave bpc and drixx off your list?

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    Assuming best case scenario and the first two days are town voted in and there are two town killed by that time. On the third day that would leave 5 Players left. If only 2 were mafia, town still technically has voting control and chances are that a town member would also be voted in on that day. For this reason I would say that the game is most likely 6vs3.
    Except that town doesn't know if they've voted town into getting a vaccine, nor do they know who amongst them are town or mafia.

Whereas mafia would have that information. If it was 6v3, then best case scenario for town leaves them outnumbered on Day Three, and a mafia is sure to be voted in. They don't care which one, they have three people to chose from. It doesn't need to be an obvious play, as kestegs suggests, as there's too much WIFOM being thrown around at that point.

If the game is 6v3, then we might as well skip all the drama and go straight to the three man LYLO, because it's either that or a automatic mafia win.

Appears that joke phase is over with, soooo...

Unvote: pharphis

Only person I'd be willing to send through at this point is Bad Ash.