Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Outbreak: Amish Mafia style - Mini Mafia Game

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin Graye View Post
    Except that town doesn't know if they've voted town into getting a vaccine, nor do they know who amongst them are town or mafia.

Whereas mafia would have that information. If it was 6v3, then best case scenario for town leaves them outnumbered on Day Three, and a mafia is sure to be voted in. They don't care which one, they have three people to chose from. It doesn't need to be an obvious play, as kestegs suggests, as there's too much WIFOM being thrown around at that point.

If the game is 6v3, then we might as well skip all the drama and go straight to the three man LYLO, because it's either that or a automatic mafia win.
    No, you're right. I was still thinking that town would know they hasn't voted a mafia in on day 3. 2 mafia really does present a much more balanced game, but I'm not ruling out 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Three vs six would be a potential 4 vs 3 on the second vote and 3 vs 2 on the third vote (assuming there are no town kills and two townies being voted in first) this would almost guarantee a mafia would make the final three and unless Gory intended the LYLO vote to be his desired outcome seems unlikely as well.

I believe this means we either have 2 mafia or 3/2 independent mafia kind of like SK's, but Idk how that would work with the possibility of night kills. But this game is wonky so I am not sure there is a clear cut answer.
    I think it depends on power roles. Can the town easily pinpoint a mafia or save/confirm a townie? If the town does not have much for power roles, there really should only be 2 mafia or we can't reach the 3/0. Only if the town has some way of likely preventing a 3 mafia/2 town final day can there be 3 mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    pfft, 3v6 seems unlikely. Way more likely to be 6v3.

noobs
    Thanks for your brilliant insight into our current situation

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    Kestegs and Pharphis are not getting my votes. I feel like this game would greatly benefit from us giving our townie list periodically.

Town: Pyro, Bad Ash, Gwaihir

Mafia: Kestegs, Pharphis, Caluin Graye
    I do think listing may be a good idea in this setup. Will be very useful later I think.

More likely town: Sathoris, Bad Ash
    Possible town: CG, BPC
    Possible mafia: kegs, Drixx
    More likely mafia: Pyro, pharphis

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Whereas mafia would have that information. If it was 6v3, then best case scenario for town leaves them outnumbered on Day Three, and a mafia is sure to be voted in. They don't care which one, they have three people to chose from. It doesn't need to be an obvious play, as kestegs suggests, as there's too much WIFOM being thrown around at that point.
    That's why I say we would only technically have voting control at that point, even though we wouldn't know it. I could easily see a situation with both 2 and 3 mafia in the game.
    Then I just won't b​other!

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    No, you're right. I was still thinking that town would know they hasn't voted a mafia in on day 3. 2 mafia really does present a much more balanced game, but I'm not ruling out 3.
    Why would you be thinking that?

NotVote: Kestegs

Appears that joke phase is over with, soooo...

Unvote: pharphis

Only person I'd be willing to send through at this point is Bad Ash.
    Only a strong opinion on one player. Want to elaborate why BA?

But Gwaihir ... how do you know what I would look like as mafia? I've never been... oh crap.

Seriously though, I think the best thing town can do is put vanilla townies in the safe spot. Since the last day LYLO won't allow any power role to use their role to find info, we ideally want 2 vanilla townies in there today and tomorrow and we want power roles outside to help make that happen.

I am as vanilla as it gets, and a townie. Whether or not you all want to send me to the box is up to you, but I do suggest you at least consider what I'm saying because I think it's the proper strategy.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Why would you be thinking that?

NotVote: Kestegs
    Why are you so intent on distancing yourself from me?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    But Gwaihir ... how do you know what I would look like as mafia? I've never been... oh crap.

Seriously though, I think the best thing town can do is put vanilla townies in the safe spot. Since the last day LYLO won't allow any power role to use their role to find info, we ideally want 2 vanilla townies in there today and tomorrow and we want power roles outside to help make that happen.

I am as vanilla as it gets, and a townie. Whether or not you all want to send me to the box is up to you, but I do suggest you at least consider what I'm saying because I think it's the proper strategy.
    That's about the last thing I'd do today, but thanks for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post

You are not getting in after this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Why are you so intent on distancing yourself from me?
    Better avoid the both of you then.