Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Re: Why removing the auctionhouse will probably keep me off D3EXP all together.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    It's no surprise that Blizzard decided in that manner, as it's best for business.
    I don't think they did it for that reason. Have you looked at the Achievement statistics for games available on Steam? They are available for public viewing from each title's page and they're extremely educational. On average about 75% of buyers only bother with finishing a game once. 10% usually don't even do that. What's interesting is that this holds for most games available on Steam and frankly I don't see why Diablo 3 would be an exception to this. If anything, it should be even more true for D3, as it's basically a mindless grind right now if you want to progress. You also have to play through the damn thing 4 times to get to the end and the AH hardly matters before then. My conclusion is that the majority of buyers won't care about the AH either way, it only matters to the most dedicated players.

When you consider this, I think it's much more logical that they honestly realized how negatively the AH affected the game for these players. A game which in their opinion should be about killing things to get loot. Ultimately what the game should be is their decision, game development is not a democracy. The opinion of all players should help them make informed decisions however, but when an issue is brought up they should reach a conclusion on their own. They shouldn't only listen to the majority and they definitely shouldn't always decide in their favor.
    Last edited by HardRock; 26-09-2013 at 10:50.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    I don't think they did it for that reason.
    I'm rather sure they did. In business, there is no other reason than making money the one or other way or on a short or long term. However, there are more than one way to achieve that.

When you consider this, I think it's much more logical that they honestly realized how negatively the AH affected the game.
    Yes, but the reason they care about that is they want to sell products in the future as well, in this case a product which is related to D3. Not happy people are their concern, but happy future customers.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

At least trading on these forums will become a big deal again.

And that's what I missed most from D2.

But, I certainly do understand the frustration many people share who don't want to put that kind of effort into obtaining decent gear. It's going to change things and lead to some headaches for sure.