Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

Re: Datamined Wizard Skill Changes for RoS: Huge List

I'm not against nerfing the perma-Archon build in general, but when I look at what it's been changed into, I recall a line from the old movie Real Genius, "So what would you use that for?" In theory, Archon is your "hit when you see an elite pack" button. But the proposed skill change would be optimal to kill a bunch of trash mobs to maximize the DPS boost. Except...who needs help killing trash mobs? I guess it's supposed to be like the Avenger ability, where you kill one member of the elite pack and then get a damage boost, but unless you can take out the entire mob in 15 seconds, will it be worth putting on your bar?

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Most areas in the game you end up with large packs of white mobs paired with an elite (Fields of Misery, particularly) so it'd become quite powerful in those situations when you go Archon, melt 15 mobs for 45% extra damage, (which is a lot) then melt the elites just as easily. You could even try to kite elites into the next pack for this bonus. And it still does a good job of replicating some of the joys of Archon where you find a large pack of monsters and gobble them up for a bunch more seconds. Wouldn't mind a shorter CD on it though.

Frozen Orb! yay

Mirror Image is still pretty underwhelming, with three runes sharing nearly the same functionality. Look forward to seeing even more dramatic changes!
    Last edited by TheDestructor; 23-09-2013 at 23:59.

IncGamers Member

I'd really like the devs to change sleet storm to a base skill and give it elemental rune effects just like we're seeing with other skills such as arcane orb or spectral blades or energy twister it should get the same things like for frost (sleet storm), fire (fire storm), lightning (lightning storm), arcane (giant tornado swirls around you).

BattleTag Fortuan-1820

What I'm concerned about is losing some utility that came from different spells. I'd be afraid to take away rune affects that change how it works for simply changing the element type. I don't think I've seen much of that aside from some of the arcane orb runes. Also funny what makes the wizard the wizard is indeed arcane and still doesn't seem like it's getting a whole lotta love.