Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Forrtidue Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by naranjadita View Post
    Eth bugged Treachery is actually quite a good choice - especially if you're using a Reaper's.
    Also, mercs activate their aurae by certain chance on striking, so if you want your Might aura asap, then Treachery is slightly better
    naranjadita, Good info. My Merc soes need help asap. Thanks, AllieB

Quote Originally Posted by AllieB View Post
    The thing is I could swear my Scythe was a 4 socket Grey. However...?
    It's not about the appearance of the item, but the color of the first lines of text in the item description. "x's war scythe", "war scythe of Y" or X's war scythe of Y" should all appear with blueish text. The only blue text on items to become runewords are:

"Ethereal (cannot be repaired)" <--- this is a good thing for mercs, since they don't break their items
    "Socketed [x]" <--- even if the rest is white and grey, this part will always be blue
    "+x to y single skill (z class only)" <--- these are the infamous "staffmods". They can make or break a runeword. Make because you can get some sick skill bonuses to certain builds, and break because staffmods will raise repair costs drastically

Then there are the "automods". These are always found on class specific items, and include resists or damage/ar on pala shields, +skills on ama weapons, life/mana on sorc orbs and poison damage on necro shields.

EDIT: Oh, and the effect from an item being "superior" will also be blue, although the first line of text should still be white or grey.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by naranjadita View Post
    Say, is it your first character to reach Hell?
    Also, use Insight instead - Fort is one of the best melee armours, but in a weapon it's meh.

naranjadita, My first Amazon made it through Hell with a normal merc from act 1. Different Version but LOD. My next Amy couldn' get through Hell act 2. I built a barb but he seemed sooo slow and high maintenance and I couldn't get him past the NM Ancients. I spent so many hrs. researching I wasn't having fun any more. So back to my Amy. Allie

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AllieB View Post
    I got so burned-I put the lo rune in thinking it was a LO-WRONG!
    I did read this part, but I didn't realize you meant "Io." Your post has "lo" and not "Io." It sounds like you didn't actually waste a much rarer "Lo" rune though, so that's good.