Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

Re: Zealot: Phoenix or Hoz?

"My character has no problems at all anywhere. Kills everything really fast even on players8 with slim chances of a death"

Then maximize kill speed, and for that I would choose Phoenix over HoZ. Respeccing and adding dex would add attack rating, which is probably more valuable than the excess life you have if your chance of dying is slim for the places you visit, and would get your block rate up.

Thanks for the link nulio but I don't understand anything. I was so glad that I managed to get the runes and even more that I had a base with 45@ resist that I couldn't resist making it.

Basically, I don't have a single problem with my current build. It just quite annoys me that my resist and my block are not maxed and Hoz just maxes both and allow me to free some space with the resist charms. Before I feel like I have a "complete" character I like to at least max those things, it just makes me feel better.. :P

Physical immunities never really bothered me with any melee character. There are even quite rare I would say. Anyway, if I happen to encounter some, I would either just ignore them or kill them along with the Hireling's Reapers. Sotimes, mostly on Durance of Hate 3, I face those counclis and they are Immune to Physical and always stoned skin too but they are still going down really fast on P8.

Hmm, Dream doesn't really appeal me at all. I guess I'll stick to the phoenix until one day I make another on a better base. I love my phoenix after all.

It's not hard.

First box: Chance to block from items (base of shield plus all bonus in shield/wtv)
    Second: HS level
    Third: Dexterity
    Fourth: Character level

Even without a translator it was easy-ish to understand

Well that makes it a lot easier! Seems like I need 30 more Dexeterity then!

Protector Shield has 10% less baseblock than a Sacred Targe too.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

I agree with this. Shields are for wimps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazliare View Post
    Death Colossus Sword > all. /thread
    If you absolutely have to go for a shield, How about Griswold's Shield stuffed with Ruby Jewels?

A Griswold's shield doesn't seem to match any of those two shields. I would like to create a 2-handed zealot too but this one is sticking with a shield. But if you had to go for a 2-handed weapon, is a Death much superior to a BotD?

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Without a shield (and max blocking), a character suffers 4 times as much damage versus most melee and missile attacks, so no shield is not a good idea for a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I am using a Grief right now. I don't really need Dracul's. The damage dealt to mobs is immense that even with low Life steal the health is restored in a single hit but the main reason is that the hireling is carrying a Reaper's so life tap would cancel Decrepify and via versa.
    Well, my affection for Dracul's may come from my bnet times where it's essential versus Übers, although I'm not sure about the survival rate versus e.g. a p8 Lister pack.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Just wondering, why you are not using exile for the ubers? LoH also grabt 350% damage to demons so that would be a huge bonus. My bnet experience is limited and I have never been on Uber runs so I am just asking.

Without a shield (and max blocking), a character suffers 4 times as much damage versus most melee and missile attacks
    That's a lot. :O
    Last edited by Excalibur; 17-09-2013 at 22:41.

Without shield he might take more damage, but he will kill faster, so I wouldn't say he will take 4x times more damage. And if he doesn't put himself in impossible situations, charge allows him to retreat fast if needed, redemption/rejuvs will heal him fast, etc.

In the end it's all about playing style. For me a 1hand zealot gives almost no challenge.