Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

We need a duriel thread.

We need duriel thread.

My zealer pally doesn't stand a chance against Nightmare Duriel.
    I've already lost 200,000 xp
    (I don't think he's underpowered at his level, he kills every enemy 1-2 hits, killed regular Baal without dying or leaving, killed nightmare Andariel without dying/leaving)
    Last edited by Killboy; 16-09-2013 at 00:02.

Re: We need a duriel thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Killboy View Post
    We need a ****ing duriel thread. **** that guy.
    Discuss strategies on killing this ****er.

I'd like a good way to kill him too; My zealer pally doesn't stand a chance against Nightmare Duriel.
    I've already lost ****ing 200,000 exp trying to kill him.
    (I don't think he's underpowered at his level, he kills every enemy 1-2 hits, killed regular Baal without dying or leaving, killed nightmare Andariel without dying/leaving)
    If you do physical dmg and have life leech act bosses should never be an issue for a zealot.

You could buy a life tap wand if you need a source of leech for these tougher situations.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    If you do physical dmg and have life leech act bosses should never be an issue for a zealot.

You could buy a life tap wand if you need a source of leech for these tougher situations.
    Bosses have never been an issue minus Duriel. Like I sadi Nightmare Andariel and Normal Baal weren't a problem in the least.

I do use phsyical damage and life leach and then often Charge away back to town. Life leach doesn't seem to be doing a difference. :(

It doesnt help that I accidentally saved and quit when I had his hp halved.

IncGamers Member

Keep Thawin Potion on. It's 50+ cold res and +10 max cold res.

IncGamers Member

You haven't said anything about the paladin other than that he's using Zeal. My first guess would be that maybe your AR, life leech, or resistances are kind of low, but it could be something else.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Thanks for editing your original post. While being annoyed is understandable a load of ** looks a bit ... rubbish on the forum.

As regards Duriel. He's always been a royal pain in the rear. I almost quit D2 because of him.

Tactics:
    - Buy a load of thawing potions
    - Have a teleport scroll on your belt (I like it bound to space - nice big button to press)
    - Drink several thawing potions (they stack) and give some to your merc too
    - Enter Duriels lair and let him wail on your merc, while you hit him from behind
    - Use the TP scroll and get out of there, heal up, take more thawing potions
    - Re-enter Duriel's lair and repeat previous steps
    - Don't be surprised if this takes you SEVERAL times doing the TPing out/healing/re-entering trick.

I also found swearing at the screen during the battle was distracting. Much better to use vigorous hand signals at the screen once he's dead. And jumping up and down on his corpse.

Good luck.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Even my untwinked, single-pass zealot didn't have ANY issues with NM Duriel. Thawing potions are nice, but not necessary unless your cold resist is deep it the red. Get yourself some Full Juves and a faster weapon.

IncGamers Member

I can't remember who recommended this, but ever since I read it, normal duriel has been a cakewalk. The basic idea is that you tank him and let your merc do the damage. Steelclash is just about perfect for the job, but any shield with "deflecting" on it will do. You can shop a bone shield of deflecting from Drognan (might get lucky with a suffix too!), which helps a lot. A wand with lifetap is also very helpful, but I can't remember if it's available for shopping in normal A2. Shop or gamble a pike for your mercenary (you need to be level 20+, though realistically, 22 will make it much easier to gamble one) and go to town. Load up on rejuvs if you have them, or lots of hp pots, and make sure to have a portal up. Also be sure to use a thawing potion on you and your merc. The holy freeze doesn't do a ton of damage, but the extra cold resist will help noticeably. Good luck

IncGamers Member

Can you post his equipment?
    You use zeal or smite vs duriel?

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post

^This is the best solution

I second Dazliare's advice: Tank lil' D - never run from him. Get a good shield and a source of leech.