Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Monk Reaper of Souls Datamined Skill Changes

That was most likely sarcasm, relax.

It's great that the Monk will finally get a proper mobility skill. I really hated the fact that Dashing Strike could only be used with a target. Slight correction though Flux, the Legendary that makes Dashing Strike free only does so when you hit a target more than 25 yards away. I accept your apology.

Another thing that's worth noting is that the increased healing amounts are likely just the result of the increased level cap. The fact that many of these effects now scale with an affix may have something to do with the nerfed LS however.
    Last edited by HardRock; 17-09-2013 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpgguy View Post
    Wow you have such a big penis mr. I cower in fear before your superiority , clearly this specific mistake made flux's article a complete fail thanks for pointing it out in such a manner so we all know how stupid he is.
    Well, I pointed out a mistake, he refused to accept it or even thanking me for the imput and told me to "Go try it" when clearly he didn't even bother to try it himself.

I said, no offense, and i mean it. I know that ppl can do mistakes. I called his article a fail, partly because I was pissed and partly because that's generally what you call an article with a conclusion based on false information. I don't think the rest of the article was bad. My apologies.

PS. My penis is pretty much average size so now you don't have to be scared anymore.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Inner Sanctuary (db)
    Create a runic circle of protection on the ground for 5 seconds that reduces all damage taken by 35% for all allies inside.
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    (Used to cost 30 Spirit. Now free to use.)

• Forbidden Palace: Enemies inside Inner Sanctuary take 30% increased damage and have their movement speed reduced by 60%.

Want: CoB Witch Doctor combo with BBV/Slam Dance and Inner Sanctuary/Forbidden Palace. What a nice burst of damage for elites. (Now if you can only keep them in that defined space...)

Updated the OP.

Interesting results in that B.net thread. They don't agree with my in-game experience, but probably that's since it's a slight increase (unless you Tailwind) and not real noticeable playing solo, or over any short burst. (I tested it out just tonight and couldn't tell any diff from base TR vs. not, in normal dungeon movement.) However, if you test it over a much longer straight line, apparently it's evident. Especially if you don't have any MS gear on. Quote of the B.net thread guy's testing results, going down that entire long hallway in ZK's dungeon.

Trial Conditions and their Results:
    (1) 0% Movement speed from gear, Running (No Tempest Rush): 20.600s
    (2) 0% Movement speed from gear, Unruned/Base Tempest Rush: 16.556s
    (3) 0% Movement speed from gear, Tailwind Tempest Rush: 13.267s
    (4) 24% Movement speed from gear, Running: 16.667s
    (5) 24% Movement speed from gear, Unruned/Base TR: 13.300s
    (6) 24% Movement speed from gear, Tailwind: 10.600s
    Okay, so what's the last time you ran 15 to 20 seconds in a straight line without any monsters in Diablo 3?

Exactly.

The speed boost from Tailwind is very obvious, apparently since it's multiplicative on top of your gear bonuses, and my Monks have always been 20-24% MS from gear. The boost from non-Tailwind TR is tiny, especially if you're comparing it on a Monk with Lightning Hands, since that teleport to the first enemy in a group saves .x seconds every time.

I've used Northern Breeze on TR in multiplayer games and didn't notice any real boost in speed compared to the other players. Yet when I use Tailwind I usually respec out of it since I'm so much faster it's no fun for the friends I'm playing with always left a screen or two behind.

I'm disappointed to learn this, since it means that TR with any runes other than Northern Breeze will continue to be irrelevant as a speed increase. :(
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Interesting results in that B.net thread. They don't agree with my in-game experience, but probably that's since it's a test form very unlike normal play. He ran down the entire long entry stretch in ZK's lair, and timed it at this:

Okay, so what's the last time you ran 15 to 20 seconds in a straight line without any monsters in Diablo 3? Exactly.

The speed boost from Tailwind is very obvious, apparently since it's multiplicative on top of your gear bonuses, and my Monks have always been 20-24% MS from gear. Maybe someone who plays with no MS bonus would notice it? I haven't, since even according to that guy's test results, the speed boost from other runes of TR is negligible unless you run for several seconds without pause, which virtually never happens in-game. Hence most players will not notice it during normal stop-and-start play.

I've used Northern Breeze on TR in multiplayer games and didn't notice any real boost in speed compare to the other players. Yet when I use Tailwind I usually respec out of it since I'm so much faster it's no fun for the friends I'm playing with always left a screen or two behind.

I'm disappointed to learn this, since it means that TR with any runes other than Northern Breeze will continue to be irrelevant as a speed increase. :(
    Well, I might disappoint you even more when I remind you of the new Item affix that makes TR free to cast. That affix would also make Northern Breeze pointless for serious Tempest rushers.

I use 24% increased movement speed with gear on my tempest rusher and i can definitely feel the difference quite easily, especially if you do short bursts and play in groups. But, I agree 25% isn't that much of a difference to be honest, it's not before you add that extra 25% from tailwind is starting to feel worth to use as a movement skill...

BattleTag Elly-1983

Quote Originally Posted by snurrfint View Post
    Now, you should thank me for pointing out your mistake, apology for being stubborn and rewrite your fail article. No offense.
    Now now, please, if you're going to try to engage with people adopt some manners. Slapping on a 'No offense' at the end cuts no sway here.
    Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahzmadius View Post
    Want: CoB Witch Doctor combo with BBV/Slam Dance and Inner Sanctuary/Forbidden Palace. What a nice burst of damage for elites. (Now if you can only keep them in that defined space...)
    I have a solution for you. Introducing the new Meteor rune, Pulsar:

"Summon a Pulsar that deals 1820% weapon damage as Fire on impact. The Pulsar also taunts and damages nearby enemies for 490% weapon damage as Fire every second for 6 seconds. / Adds a 24 second cooldown."

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    Now now, please, if you're going to try to engage with people adopt some manners. Slapping on a 'No offense' at the end cuts no sway here.
    I'm very sorry for what I wrote there, and if you read the rest of the thread you can see that I in fact already apologized for it. It came out more harsh than I wanted, but I was a bit angry for being schooled when I actually was in the right.

Even if you have the right be angry with me, I kind love the fact that you went for the guy that kindly pointed out a mistake in the article, then got a "you're wrong, go figure" answer, and not the guy that called someone else a big penis. Also, manners only seem to matter to you when stuff is directed towards you or someone you work with and not when someone offend another user or the Blizzard developers, which happens on a daily basis.

Once again, I'm sorry.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

I think you more than made up for your harsish words with your follow up comment on your penis size

He didn't provide any proof, so why should we believe him?