Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Mortalo-2201

Re: Barbarian Reaper of Souls Datamined Skill Changes

Quote Originally Posted by TheMythe View Post
    That does seems like fun to me as well, especially if there is a vague huge hurricane visual showing the borders of the 45 yard radius! However, with all the furygain bonus gone it'll be hard to WW for a long time :/
    Revenge's Vengeance is mine gives fury, so maybe using it can help or Furious Charge's Stamina rune.
    This changes looks very interesting, making the game quite different for most.

Furious Charge's Merciless Assault can also be used to generate a lot Fury in huge mobs, while also doing decent damage. It's a lot of fun to as well to charge around constantly.

Diablo: IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Eric-2780

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Furious Charge's Merciless Assault can also be used to generate a lot Fury in huge mobs, while also doing decent damage. It's a lot of fun to as well to charge around constantly.
    FC/MA was indeed cool with 5 or more enemies, however it does not generate fury (not this rune) but cost 15 fury.

BattleTag Mortalo-2201

Quote Originally Posted by TheMythe View Post
    FC/MA was indeed cool with 5 or more enemies, however it does not generate fury (not this rune) but cost 15 fury.
    Costs? Since when? I was spamming it while leveling (1.5 year ago) and it didn't cost? It generates at evey use, that's what tooltip stands for. Sorry for offtop

It still generates 15 Fury as far as I can tell and based on the leaked tooltips this won't change.

I really enjoy the way the Barb plays atm, with the WW build, oh well guess that's over now... :(
    Makes me sad.

IncGamers Member

The Barb will be fine. Back when I played, my Monk build was life per spirit spent and life regeneration. From the DM'd life per fury spent numbers, experience with the mechanic, and the break-all CC skill, Barbs will still be immortal.

Possibly, yeah. For a while I relied on Life per Spirit spent as well to heal myself and it can work surprisingly well. Now that this affix and it's Fury counterpart will be greatly buffed (more than the increased level cap would make it necessary just by itself) I think this could be a much more viable way to sustain ourselves. The only thing that will change is that we won't be able to mindlessly spam our abilities, we'll have to be mindful of our current HP and Fury levels to prevent overhealing or wasting our Fury.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Possibly, yeah. For a while I relied on Life per Spirit spent as well to heal myself and it can work surprisingly well. Now that this affix and it's Fury counterpart will be greatly buffed (more than the increased level cap would make it necessary just by itself) I think this could be a much more viable way to sustain ourselves. The only thing that will change is that we won't be able to mindlessly spam our abilities, we'll have to be mindful of our current HP and Fury levels to prevent overhealing or wasting our Fury.
    I'm sorry, the way you you play (or want to play) a barb bears very little relation to what, oh, all of the rest of us like about the class. Barbarians are about wading into to combat and going nuts. Playing with a calculator or spreadsheet to manage resources doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. And life per fury spent? More viable than leech? Much more viable???? Have you ever even played a D3 barb? I am beginning to seriously doubt it. If you really believe that, you can't have played one well.

I meant much more viable to the current power of the affix, which is not very good at the moment. I'm sorry I haven't made this more clear, but since LS is going away I thought it was obvious I wasn't comparing the "healing after resources spent" affixes to that.