Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Javazon advice please

Hi all.

I restarted again and playing some D2 before D3. I lost all my previous chars and items. I'm now trying a lightning furyzon untwinked.

So far I'm in Act2 struggling, saving skills for LS and LF at lvl 30.

My questions:

It's really hard finding good gear at the start, especially javelins, I tried gambling but mostly finds the same blues with some mods. Atm I'm using jab and CS lvl 1. Should I use a spear or something else until I reach lvl 30?

Once I get to lvl 30 I guess that I will have huge mana problems with LF, I got base energy (atm got around 50 mana) and lvl 1 LF costs 10 mana.
    What items should I prio? ML? +Mana?

Should I try and MF at Meph, Baal or is it best to just lvl up to NM?

Thanks for any advice.

IncGamers Member

Re: Javazon advice please

Well, I have a level 32 javazon, but mine is fully twinked and is maxing Poison Javelin first, so I don't know how similar they'd be. I can say that I do rely on Lightning Fury, and while spamming it does deplete my mana, it's not that bad. I can kill a lot of monsters without drinking potions. I am using two Manald Heal rings, which might explain that, but the rest of my gear is just Sigon's set, with a rare harpoon. I am still using a spear on my switch and I relied on that more until I was able to equip better javelins. A spear switch (with Jab as the attack) can definitely work up to level 30 and beyond, and I'd assume would eventually be phased out for something else.

Alright cool. Thought about a poison java at first but that will need some +skills gear, atleast later in the game.

Yea noticed spear helped, got a 3socket 1 now, killing mobs in tombs, slow but doable

Cheers.

Dont use Lightning strike!! Its bugged, and wont do as much dmg as the tooltip states.

Use Lightning Fury and Charged Strike.

Once you can lvl up charged strike, you will destroy anything!!

Hmm ok what about max LS for synergy? Or should I max poison and plague instead?

Either I can go max LF, CS, LS and high lvl valk.

Or Max LF, CS, Poison, Plague and high valk.

What do you think?

Imo, if you want both poison and lightning damage.

Max Charged Strike, Lightning Fury, And both Poison skills.

Then at least 1p in valk.

Personally, Id go max all Light skills, except Lightning Bolt(1p) and Light Strike(10-20p), and get 1p in valk.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, Lightning Fury and Charged Strike seem to be the two most powerful offensive skills for amazons in general. Can't really go wrong with them.

Alright. Thanks for the tips. Well I'm going pure lightning but the lightning immunes in hell diff are not easy. My merc doesn't have enough good gear yet and valk barely does dmg, even lvl 10+. Good tank tho!

Charged strike is amazing at high lvl, especially vs bosses.

IncGamers Member

Hi guys, I want to bulid a lightning javazon right now and want to find the perfect items for it. In my head there are to possible ways to go, if you could help with them, that would be very kind!!!

First of all, i can't decide, with effects are the most useful thing for a javazon. All res (75% in hell) I think is quite important, and now my build is focusing on IAS (95%) damage reduceing (51 %, 50 is the max as far as i know.) max block rate, 23% Life leech, and 100% piercing with razor belt.

I think it's quite a powerfull char, but because i'm useing andariel's visage, magic weapon instead of uniques, and stormshield i can't focus on -Enemy lightning resistance!

If i use griffon with rainbow facet (25%), thuder javelin also with rainbow (20%), and shield with at least 2 sox (moser or 4 sox monarch) I can go above -50% ELR, but i don't know if it's worth it. My IAS will lose the 89% break, and the 52% break as well, so the speed will reduce significantly. Piercing will remains, and dmg reducing will be only 8% i guess.

What's your experiences? Which way is the better for a PvM character ? For runs, and for uber monsters as well!

Thanks in advance for your answer!