Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

General Uber Q's

I'm getting ready to do Ubers for the first time (Nilathak needs to drop me freaking keys already). I have a lvl 90 pally and have got all my gear together (Grief PB, fort/CoH (recommendations?), gris shield, guillames, dracul's, gores, t-gods, ravenfrost, dwarf star, maras)

Anyway, I was wondering how the mechanics of this work? I'm currently spec'd hammerdin and will respect to smite once I am ready to go through. However, do I respect after I kill uber andy/duriel/izual or do I go smite on them too? It looks like there's a lot of extra monsters around them that need to be wiped up too so should I just keep hammerdin spec for this? There's lots of guides on killing them in Tristram, but not much info on what to do to get passed andy/duriel/izual.

Thanks! I'm excited to try out Ubers for the first time!

Re: General Uber Q's

Get a point in zeal to fight your way through to izual/andy.
    Having enigma also helps alot, especially if you just want to get to them fast.

a good cta could be very helpful, and a lifetap wand/exile. Dont trust draculs to proc LT during the first few hits!!

IncGamers Member

Ah yes I forgot to mention that I do have a 6bo CTA, and a lifetap wand so I'm good there.

Should I go with CoH or Fort? I'm thinking CoH for the extra resists.

If you badly need the resists, then use CoH.

I use forti, but Ive also got maxed lightres. And 65+ Fres with conviction on me.

IncGamers Member

so are they immune to hammers?? that sucks if so

Im not sure, but they all hit harder than other monsters. My point is that without leech, youll have a harder time.

I think the main problem is their insane health regeneration and high health bulbs.

Melee fighters have the advantage of "deadly strike", "open wounds" and "crushing blow" over casters,
    casters can only rely on high amounts of damage, but with 75 to 95% resistances and high health...

IncGamers Member

so is it worth the trouble? what can they drop?

IncGamers Member

They drop the hellfire torch, so if you get a good pally or sorc one, it can be really worth it!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by sixwings View Post
    They drop the hellfire torch, so if you get a good pally or sorc one, it can be really worth it!
    but wouldn't the catch be that you need to already have a pretty good hellfire torch on you to be able to survive them, so you wouldn't be able to pick it up anyways? I guess the only way is to have friends to help or multiple d2 keys