Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

How was your last day of Summer?

Mine was like this

Re: How was your last day of Summer?

I hate summer. Summer = people. People = hell. Now, with the school year around the corner, I'll still have to deal with my friends, but at least I won't have to deal with their screeching sperg-spawn.

What was the question?

Oh! It was a great day. Here in Minnesota, we just suffered through a horrid heatwave which broke a couple days ago. The cool weather feels so good that I've been sleeping better than usual. Today, I slept well into the afternoon. Felt great.

I take it you like to sleep in too, Bob? Or am I misreading that pic?

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Summer is only over for the wimpy meteorologists.

That brings me to the topic about the beginning and the end of the BBQ season. The official opening is on Jan 1st and it ends on Dec 31st, of course.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Banned

Very good. Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post

That brings me to the topic about the beginning and the end of the BBQ season. The official opening is on Jan 1st and it ends on Dec 31st, of course.
    truth, though occasionally it gets so cold outside the lighters don't work and we have to import fire from the stove inside to get things started.

IIRC, lighters actually work the better, the colder it is, but perhaps your fingers are getting too stiff to get them started. If you are using a liquid charcoal lighter, you can probably throw a match into it while it ignites, that will be easier.

Or is it so cold that the fire freezes, falls to the ground and shatters before you can light the grill with it?
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IIRC, lighters actually work the better, the colder it is, but perhaps your fingers are getting too stiff to get them started.
    He's not a Minnesotan so I'll cut him some slack.

Perhaps there's a misconception of terms.

Lighter, as I meant it (which might be hard to operate with stiff fingers):

I'm not trying to ignite the coal with it, of course, I ignite a piece of newspaper and throw it onto the coal which is soaked with what Stevinator might mean (which might be hard to get started when it's cold because it doesn't evaporate well):

There's nothing wrong with taking glowing coal out of the oven.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I hate summer.
    That makes two of us. I seriously get depressed around late May because I know the heat will only get worse and not let up until Sept. or Oct. and then it will stay warm until mid- to late-November! ><

Summer = people. People = hell. Now, with the school year around the corner, I'll still have to deal with my friends, but at least I won't have to deal with their screeching sperg-spawn.
    Screeching. Sperg-spawn.

I got nothing. I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to come up with something bearing a close resemblance to witty or passive aggressive and I have nothing.

Oh! It was a great day. Here in Minnesota, we just suffered through a horrid heatwave which broke a couple days ago. The cool weather feels so good that I've been sleeping better than usual. Today, I slept well into the afternoon. Felt great.
    You hush that dirty, cool-weather spewing mouth!! It's still hot here. :( Not AS bad, but too damn warm for my liking. :(

Actually, keep talking, please. I want to hear about other places getting cooler and imagine that experience and envision myself in an area like that. Dredd, can you read me a bedtime story of cooler weather and leaves turning colors? /angelic

Nice! that's kinda the same here, lol! And I agree about the meteorologists. Summer isn't over!! >< You just can't wear white anymore. Or white shoes. Soemthing... My mom used to ***** at me when I was a kid.

"LEO! You can't wear white after Labor Day!"

"Says who? They're pretty shoes, Mom!!"

"I SAID NO!!"

(not verbatim but yeah. whatever. something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    truth, though occasionally it gets so cold outside the lighters don't work and we have to import fire from the stove inside to get things started.
    Well, that's because you and Dredd are practically in the North Pole and I practically live in Hell where we don't have that problem. :grin:

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

My last day of summer is on Sunday. I will probably be incredibly hung over, sleeping and eating random junk food that I find in the back of my cupboard/mini-fridge #UniLife
    Then I just won't b​other!