Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Azbaz-2829

Re: What is the safest and fastest class to farm Act1 MP1 (budget)?

galtzaiLe, I hit 60 with my barb three days ago and my gear is kinda on your level. I'm running this "safer" version of the WW build: http://www.diablo3ladders.com/hero/a...29/eu/30090546
    Works pretty well! I'm still running on mp0 though. Need to boost my dps a bit before trying mp1!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

Quote Originally Posted by Azbaz View Post
    galtzaiLe, I hit 60 with my barb three days ago and my gear is kinda on your level. I'm running this "safer" version of the WW build: http://www.diablo3ladders.com/hero/a...29/eu/30090546
    Works pretty well! I'm still running on mp0 though. Need to boost my dps a bit before trying mp1!

i think you should run with Sprint - run like the wind. it will be your major DPS output for sure.

IncGamers Member

Why not a WD? It can get to high damage with lowish gear and it has some mean passives, both for boosting damage and for cheating death. I love barbs but I must admit I would make a WD for budget farming...

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

OK, let me chip in: a DEMON HUNTER!

OK not really

Depends on what you want to farm, items or Exp?

If you look for items I think a TR monk that only kills elite packs will net you most rare/legendary items per hour.

If you want to farm Exp I think Barb or WD will net you most Exp.

Example of TR monk I built that just hunts elite packs, get crazy amount of rares/legendary per hour doing Act2, MP1, VotA, Canyon, Oasis. I kill 0 trash though so the Exp is growing very slowly.

http://d3up.com/b/826410/tr-monk

With Blinding Flash and 7-sided Strike you do not need alot of DPS to quickly kill the elite packs. Pop them both, then finish with a bell or two if they still are alive.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Hmm, less exp is less legendaries in the end? Wiht my close to 50 paragon monk and some decent MF from items I've really kicked off in terms of legendaries (on MP4). I feel the increase is FAR more than lineair, up to P30 I got an occasional legendary but lately they drop like flies, I'd say about every 30 minutes Or I'm on a really lucky streak

IncGamers Member

Thank you all for your replies!

@jrsilva: A friend of mine (who started to play with me) died yesterday so I started a WD to play with his new character. So far I'm impressed with the damage I'm doing and how safe it is. Let's see how it fares in Inferno.

@Mn_Swe2: I prefer farm for items, as I'm quite broke and I'm always looking to improve my characters gear.

IncGamers Member

Well... I just lost my barb to a elite pack of knockback, frozen, shielding and arcane. It was too much to handle with my cooldowns down. It was really painful, as I had invested almost all of my savings on him (even bought a Maximus for the Enchantress). Oh well, it happens..

I guess Witch Doctor it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Hmm, less exp is less legendaries in the end? Wiht my close to 50 paragon monk and some decent MF from items I've really kicked off in terms of legendaries (on MP4). I feel the increase is FAR more than lineair, up to P30 I got an occasional legendary but lately they drop like flies, I'd say about every 30 minutes Or I'm on a really lucky streak
    If you play high MP's (>6) most of your legends will come from trash. If you play low MP's (<6) most of your legends will come from elites.
    Moldran made an extensive video covering that, and it is based on the fact that higher MP gives a higher chance for the "bonus" drop from every monster you kill. IIRC they breakpoint is around MP6 or so.

So it is not as easy to say that more exp gives you more legends (which of course is true since you can not get a legend without getting exp), but depending on if you play high or low MP's you should focus on trash or elites if you want to maximize item drops. (high mp = trash, low mp = elites).

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    If you play high MP's (>6) most of your legends will come from trash. If you play low MP's (<6) most of your legends will come from elites.
    Moldran made an extensive video covering that, and it is based on the fact that higher MP gives a higher chance for the "bonus" drop from every monster you kill. IIRC they breakpoint is around MP6 or so.

So it is not as easy to say that more exp gives you more legends (which of course is true since you can not get a legend without getting exp), but depending on if you play high or low MP's you should focus on trash or elites if you want to maximize item drops. (high mp = trash, low mp = elites).
    Interesting, was not aware of this. Fact is though that MF rises with paragon which rises with EXP.

I just did a complete A1 MP4 run without a single legendary, blah me with my big mouth

PS Rip Galt, sometimes fate helps decide the direction