Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

What is the safest and fastest class to farm Act1 MP1 (budget)?

Hello all, I'm an old D2 SP player that just started to play D3 in Hardcore mode. So far I'm doing ok, but I was wondering if I can have advice on what would be the "best" class to farm Inferno Act1 MP1 without godly gear. I noticed that several of the suggested class / specs requires several hundred millions to gear up.

I realize that there is "no best class" whatsoever, so that said, what would be the safest and fastest class to farm Act1 MP1 on a low budget in your opinion?

Thank you very much and sorry for my lousy English

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: What is the safest and fastest class to farm Act1 MP1 (budget)?

Search the Barbarian strategy forum for a Run like the wind (nado) whirlwind barb. By far the easiest class build to farm on a budget.

sent from my GalaxySIII

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

yeh barb is good because they get -30% damage for being melee but so does monk also and monks have a Near death experience skill that lets you cheat death so i would say monk.
    the barbarien run like the wind build isnt very safe i think since you will be attracting a lot of monsters using it.

IncGamers Member

Thank you very much for your replies. I managed to get a Wizard and a Monk to 60, but I still feel that my damage / resistances are not enough for Inferno MP1. I'm slowly grinding my way, as upgrades are extremely costly for my at the moment.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

Barb is the most popular class in the game so getting items for a barb would be even more expensive than for monk. Wiz is in my opinion the 2nd cheapest to gear after DH.
    You should add some people from this forum to play with. They will be able to carry you a bit and maybe even have some freebies.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goffe View Post
    Barb is the most popular class in the game so getting items for a barb would be even more expensive than for monk. Wiz is in my opinion the 2nd cheapest to gear after DH.
    You should add some people from this forum to play with. They will be able to carry you a bit and maybe even have some freebies.
    Thank you for your advice. I just posted my contact info on the sticky. I would love to play with some nice people (just came to the game, have next to zero friends on my flist).

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

Quote Originally Posted by Goffe View Post
    I don't know about that. I've spent way less on my barb than on my wizard, but the barb can play pretty comfortably in MP4, while the wiz is stretched beyond MP3. The barb has such fantastic passives and skill choices that getting one that can farm on MP1 will be pretty cheap. If you have deficiencies in your gear, you can make up for it with skill choices. You don't have to build a Spin-to-Win, either, as HoTA is a viable build as well. I tend to agree with tougeznut; barb will be cheap (for MP1).

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Barb is hands down the most hardy (durable) character. The Barb has the best skill based life restore set of any of the characters. The Whirlwind/nado build is definitely not the safest though. It is the "fastest" at leveling speed. You are not going to have "fastest" and "safest" in one build. Since we are playing HC, I think safest is more important than fastest.

If you want a really tanky (safe) build, honestly I think you should look at the skill layout I'm using on my barb.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Z.../hero/35026234

To be extra safe change out the Ruthless passive for Tough As Nails. I'm getting life restored from multiple sources: Rend/Bloodlust, Revenge, & Inspiring Presence (as well as Life on Hit from gear). Using this skill set you can do MP1 runs in Act 1 with fairly cheap gear.
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I feel kinda dumb now... I'm using my phone, so I didn't see that this was posted in HC. Yea, spin-to-win isn't great for HC. It's a much safer option to follow Zappa's advice. He's gotten one (almost two) barbs up to plvl 100 in HC. He kinda knows barbs... :-)

sent from my GalaxySIII

IncGamers Member

I just hit 60 with my barb and bought him some nice gear. I feel confident now to step into Inferno MP0 now, although I'm afraid it won't be enough for MP1 yet (I'm completely broke, spent all my gold on his shinny stuff... time to farm now).

Here's my barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/X.../hero/35697272

Thank you all!