Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: PvP Week 10 is coming

Join us at the IRC and it's easy-ish to ask for help leveling a PvPer.

What is this IRC that you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    What is this IRC that you speak of?
    Ditto . . .

Hey guys,

Luckily I have a Charger, he sucks but I guess I can use him for this PvP thing.
    But firstly, may I ask a few questions?

1. You are using the Single Players characters to PvP right? Which option do you use to conect to each other? I remember long time ago I tried connecting with a friend of mine. We didn't want to play through Bnet (too laggy) and we just wantd to have the Lan style feeling but eventually we didn't manage.
    2. Which version is this going to be? I assume 1.13d but it's not mentioned anywhere.
    3. Do you loose Gold when you die?
    4. Basically, it's all against all constantly? I mean, you just go out and you try to kill anyone you see?
    5. This thing will be hosted on October? Why so late?
    6. The only thing that I really hate on PvP is... enigma. Every single character is teleporting and casting spells. It's annoying! But i guess no one is against it right..?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    Would anyone want to MP with me (Hell Baals) to level my Hammerdin?
    yup .

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    1. You are using the Single Players characters to PvP right? Which option do you use to conect to each other? I remember long time ago I tried connecting with a friend of mine. We didn't want to play through Bnet (too laggy) and we just wantd to have the Lan style feeling but eventually we didn't manage.
    Via Hamachi or someone provide his ip adress.

2. Which version is this going to be? I assume 1.13d but it's not mentioned anywhere.
    1.13d

3. Do you loose Gold when you die?
    Gold drops on ground next to your corpse, you can take it back again.

4. Basically, it's all against all constantly? I mean, you just go out and you try to kill anyone you see?
    Most of times FFA, yes. However, we are looking forward to play some team battles as well.

5. This thing will be hosted on October? Why so late?
    Well, then will be pvp week, however that doesn't mean we can't play before it. We might organize some playing before it.

6. The only thing that I really hate on PvP is... enigma. Every single character is teleporting and casting spells. It's annoying! But i guess no one is against it right..?
    In one way Enigma is what makes PvP interesting. It allows you to include chain-locks in battle, as well as more strategy is going on. If you seek for PvP without Enigma, then consider low level dueling with characters up to level 30. Be warned, they are not easy to build and there are some very strong characters in it. But in case you want build LLD character, you're gonna need to rush character to have all skills possible to benefit most from it. LLD is so unpopular, only few players play it, and very rarely. I'm not sure will there be a single LLD match during pvp week.

If you miss Enigma or have problems building viable PvP character, then you could visit this giveaway thread and you can pick up already finished pvp character, only thing you have to do is to level him up. We will assist you how to place skillpoints and the rest ofc.

Okay thank for the info. I guess Enigma may cancel some strategies but also introduce some others.
    It's also would be nice to see a PvP tournament. A teamed one especially with brackets and such. And the winner could received an item or something as a prize.

Players sign up, brackets are made like below and the let the war begin!

Please explain the full of idea

It would be team duels? If so it might be interesting.

(If not it's always very unfair since some builds have natural advantage over others, which could mean that most players would pick similar builds, and new players would have an even bigger disadvantage.)

Yet again, there isn't that many PvPers around, so team duels tournament would mean a reduced number of brackets.

You gave me an idea, that I'll mull over a bit and if I think it could work I'll share it later.

Sure. I will explain below how I was thinking this to be.

1. Tournament Format
    The first thing to decide is the Tournament Format. This usually depends on sign-ups. Th easiest of course would be 1v1 duels but team duels containing from 2 or 3 players per team would be much more interesting.

2. Elimination Format
    Each duel should be done in a few battles before the winner is decided. For example, the first player or team to reach five wins first, advances on the brackets to face the next player or team!

3. Tournament Type
    This could be a tournament for specified characters only. For example a tournament where only Physical fighters take place. Or a Tournament with only casters. Or a Tournament with Summoners. Or even combinations like Summoners vs Caster where you would choose which side you want to support!

4. Observer
    Each duel should have a neutral player who is basically the host of the game. This player should know the rules and makes sure the duel is correctly proceed. He answers any questions the players may have, he could take screenshots or even videos of the duels and post them for everyone to see.

5. Prize
    So.. the winner could get an item or something as a prize. I don't know if there's someone rich enough to offer something valuable :P but the item prize would be quite hard to get for a team where each player should receive something. Of course, each player could offer something of medium rarity for their entry as a prize and the winner could get everything. For example, each player adds an Um rune for their entry. If we manage to get 20 players the winner would get 20 Ums!

Of course, I don't think it's necessary, at least for the beginning, for someone to have a PVP character. Each player could use their PvM characters to start and get into dueling. The more players there are the more interesting a tournament will be. Teams could also split into players that have a strong PvP character with a player that doesn't to balance a bit the gap in the powers.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 08-09-2013 at 20:37.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

There have been many PvP tournaments in the past, making one up isn't the problem. Getting decent hosts and organising the players to complete the duels is more of a problem.

But that isn't what PvP week is about. This is supposed to be a bit less competitive, so players don't stack on the absorb all the time, play different builds or builds that are new to them etc.

I may have time to organise / take part in a tournament shortly after PvP week, but don't want one running in the week itself.