Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member horseheadnebula's Avatar

Re: PvP Week 10 is coming

Nice, I would like to participate also.

I'm not tournament lover in any game because of way things turn out in the end. Game becomes less enjoyable to play because of way players play it. I'm not crazy enough to spend time chasing around some ES sorc for 10 minutes or to isolate camping trapper. And that is what might happen if players play for a win, and not for fun. Another problem is finding host. How to play against someone from America for us from Europe? Impossible task, either he or either you will lag too much and have handicap. I remember playing on host from America, I wasn't able to teleport with sorc lol.

Team tournament sounds better, but still problems remain the same. Another issue is I think we will hardly find enough players to make any kind of tournament.

When it comes to pvp week, I agree it should be less competitive, and more enjoyable for everyone. That week should be time to bring out all lolbuilds we might have, as well as powerful ones. I'll make some lolbuilds that can't win just for that occasion.

IncGamers Member

It's been quite awhile since last time but im definitely in.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

We have a problem. Due to unforeseen personal issues (nothing too dramatic, don't worry) hosting this at the advertised time is going to be difficult. There are two options:

a) We postpone and re-schedule to Friday 4th Oct -> Thursday 10th October. This is my preferred option as I should have much more time.

b) I try and host it on the previous dates. I should be able to get games up, but may have ping issues and my time to participate may be limited. I should still be able to get games up as I have a separate computer to host from.

Sorry about this, please let me know what works for you.

To me both options are same, 2nd probably lsightly better because during 6-7 week-end I have board games championship so I will be out but I will play once or twice anyway so I am big nub just several years and my time is very limited

I mentioned it last week, but the situation's changed again.

The 4th to 10th is definitely better for me - as I said, I'll miss the Saturday and Sunday afternoon, but I'll be around the rest of the week.

It looks like I'll be away for the original date's now, something's come up at work and I'll likely be away for the last half of October.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Thanks for replies col & bass.

As nobody has come forward and said something along the lines of "Don't worry, I can put a game up every night next week," unless I hear some concrete reasons not too in the next 24 hours, I will be postponing until 4th to 10th October.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

We are now officially postponed until 4th October. First post edited.

One question. So, pvp week will take place from friday 4th till thursday 10th. My question is, why till 10th? Isn't it better for pvp week to last till sunday 13th, that way we will have 2 weekends for pvp, so if someone don't make it first weekend, he might make it for second one. Don't know how much will this be active during working days, but during weekends more people might participate, no? Myself included. Only prob is will someone with good internet be able to host after thursday 10th.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Actually historically the weekends have been quieter. Dates are based around when I have time. Seven days of PvP are enough for me, I find attendance seems to drop off towards the end too.