Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BattleTag maxicek-2583

PvP Week 10 is coming

**New Dates**

PvP Week 10

Bored of endless MF runs or popping chests in LK? Killing Baal with your eyes shut too dull? Looking for a new challenge? How about real opponents trying to kill you, not ones controlled by predictable AI? Ever wondered what it's like to try dodging 25K damage fireballs? Or teleporting barbarians? There is one way to find out...

I can hardly believe it myself, but PvP Week 10 is here. Join in, make new friends. And try to kill them.

What is PvP Week?
    Well the clue is in the name. It is a week of PvP games, intended to be a friendly way to introduce new players to high level duelling. I used to write that it was non competitive, but who am I kidding? Everyone wants to win. Let's just say it isn't a competition. If you are new to PvP but worried about getting smeared all over the Blood Moor, don't be. Your new character may have a steep learning curve, but it is everyone's interests that you enjoy it and keep playing. Players can split into teams to even out skill levels. Don't expect to win every duel either though

What happens in PvP Week?
    - You will get the best idea by reading the write ups from all the previous PvP weeks.
    - The idea is a PvP game, every night, for a week. You don't have to play every night, but you can.
    - PvP week is all about high level, bad manners rules duelling. I'm not planning to include any low fat, sugar free alternatives like aLLD18 or LLD30.
    - PvP Week - The Questions Thread is a wealth of good info and is always open if you have any questions.
    - I try to write up something about the previous evenings activities the next day. Sometimes people even help me too ...

OK, you have convinced me, I want to have a go, but I have never played PvP before - How do I get started?
    If you don't have a character already, look to your re-specs. Many of the standard PvM builds - Trappers, Bone Necros, Poison Necros, Sorcs, Hammerdins - can all do well with a bit of adjustment, even if you don't have a full inventory of life skillers.
    If you are interested but need help, you can post in this thread.

So when will PvP week be?
    Dates have changed, it will now run from Friday 4th to Thursday 10th October.

I will host games at every night at about 20.00 to 21.00 GMT. If you want to host games under the PvP week umbrella outside these times, go for it.

The Rules

Standard BM Rules
    - No potions (except mana potions), mercs, wells, or shrines.
    - No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
    - No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
    - No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, Slow Missiles, or Bone Prison.
    - No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
    - No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
    - No over absorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak. I include 1.07 LoH too here.
    - Mana potions are allowed for all characters except ES based sorcs

Hosting
    I can put a game up every night, but I do have family who do things like stream video which can sometimes kill the the ping. If anyone else can host, help is greatly appreciated.

So What Is This Thread For?
    Any questions, pre-match banter, post-match analysis, videos, screenshots, basically anything that you like related to PvP Week. I'm not going to do a sign up table, but if you are in, please post. Especially if you can help with the hosting.
    Last edited by maxicek; 23-09-2013 at 21:49.

Re: PvP Week 10 is coming

Well, I still both have to level and learn how to play my awesome pala "SCisfornubs", but I'm definitely down for this.

question that I assume has been asked plenty before: how come slow missiles, decrep and HF be banned, when CG isn't?

I'm gonna try my hardest to participate as much as possible - I still dont know how my schedule for next semester will look, but i can't see how i wouldn't be able to participate at least 3-4 nights.

also: poro, phar, get your act together and join this.

In, I'll try to make it when I can due to time zone differences.

P.S. I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!!*

*I will die, a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I will participate, however don't count on my hosting capabilities. It can be very laggy.

If someone wants to try pvp out with some character, but he doesn't have Enigma or something else, just let us know in here. We can easily figure out some character for someone if needed.

@ FoE
    Your question is good. We had some discussions about that. That golem is extremely powerful against any non-teleporting character, granting overwhelming advantage to necro, that is a fact. It also affects teleporting charaters as it slows both ias and frw, so who needs those is weakened. It's harder to affect someone with golem if you have vita necro. Block necro obviously can play offensively to use golem to full advantage. Is all this enough to ban this skill, I don't know.

Skills you mentioned that are banned are more powerful than clay golem. Decrepify and HF both have slowing effect as clay golem does, but it's much easier to affect enemy with it. Decrepify lowers physical resistance at the same time, but that part is not problematic, while slow is. Slow Missiles renders missile projectiles useless, meaning you can forget about your spirits, fireballs or arrows for entire match.

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

Pyro should host so I don't have over 9000 ping anymore. <_<

I thought your ping is fine, at least you said it is >_>

But sure, someone from America should host too. Maybe for europe's night matches!

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

If the other Pyro's hosting was any indicator, it's like 150-250 instead of 200-400. Not a huge difference, but I just secretly want crappier ping for the rest of you.

Just video of PvP week 9. Damn it was one year ago... lots of fail and nubs, but at least you can see how it looks like. I might try to get couple more videos up in weeks before PvP week featuring some other classes.
    Pyro and FoE, if you have some clear Hamachi room where people can sign in, we might organize couple pvp games for you to get used (also get some other guys from HC into this thing >_>).

Speaking of getting new players in, we have runes and wealth to build you guys capable pvp characters. There's enough runes to make Enigmas, good weapons and so on, so if you want to participate, I'll post pvp giveaway thread in couple days. If you'd like to try specific pvp class, again, shoot me with suggestion and I'll see what I can do.

Also, Clay Golem OP, signed by all bowazons around.

Quote Originally Posted by frozzzen View Post

Just video of PvP week 9. Damn it was one year ago... lots of fail and nubs, but at least you can see how it looks like. I might try to get couple more videos up in weeks before PvP week featuring some other classes.
    Pyro and FoE, if you have some clear Hamachi room where people can sign in, we might organize couple pvp games for you to get used (also get some other guys from HC into this thing >_>).

Speaking of getting new players in, we have runes and wealth to build you guys capable pvp characters. There's enough runes to make Enigmas, good weapons and so on, so if you want to participate, I'll post pvp giveaway thread in couple days. If you'd like to try specific pvp class, again, shoot me with suggestion and I'll see what I can do.

Also, Clay Golem OP, signed by all bowazons around.
    Logoutzero has a large hamachi room (payed) that you can apply for - no limit on number of members. I can't host outside of hamachi, but would be happy to do it with hamachi.

From my experience, hosting via hamachi usually has higher ping that same person hosting via TCP/IP.

I can host whenever, even when I can't play. I will even try to get a big *** ethernet cable to not need my wireless card. (but remind me or I'll forget).

CG is OP versus Bowie. Even with a vita Necro. He starts, he has Bone Armor up, he telebombs a couple of times, it's not that hard having the CG landing one hit, it's game over for the bowazon.