Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arm of Kig Leoric vs. Beast Berserker Axe

I know Leorics wand has a lot of +skills, ad beast has Fanatic aura, so what's better? I can't have both, because I'm using a Cta/Spirit on switch. My aim is pure PvM and boss killing. So what would be more ideal for my summon Necro?

this is what he looks like if this helps:

Helm: Shako
    Body: Enigma Mage Plate
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves: Frostburn
    Boots: Marrowalk
    Weapon: _____
    Shield: _____
    Ammy: Maras
    Rings: Sojs

IncGamers Member

Re: Arm of Kig Leoric vs. Beast Berserker Axe

Keep in mind that the Fanatacism aura from Beast also helps your mercenary. With you wielding Beast, your merc having an innate Might aura, the buff from Battle Orders, and some good gear, your merc should hit very, very hard, hopefully with Crushing Blow. The boost to damage against bosses from AoKL's effect on your skeleton's isn't really comparable: mercenaries have the potential to do much more damage than skeletons. With that in mind, I'd favor Beast.

Thanks for the info. =) I'll use Beast

IncGamers Member

Armor of king leoric for you, and a beast iron golem is the best combo

Still, if you don't want to use the iron golem, beast >> leoric.

P.S.
    Homunculus is the way... and why frostburn? A summoner don't need much mana... magefist helps teleporting faster and gives +1 to corpse explosion

Quote Originally Posted by Erfel View Post
    Armor of king leoric for you, and a beast iron golem is the best combo

Still, if you don't want to use the iron golem, beast >> leoric.

P.S.
    Homunculus is the way... and why frostburn? A summoner don't need much mana... magefist helps teleporting faster and gives +1 to corpse explosion
    Pk thanks, I'll use Magefist and Homunculus. But is it better to use Beast on a Golem or a Merc? Because I don't wanna risk getting my golem killed. How do up you suggest keeping him alive?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Dude View Post
    Pk thanks, I'll use Magefist and Homunculus. But is it better to use Beast on a Golem or a Merc? Because I don't wanna risk getting my golem killed. How do up you suggest keeping him alive?
    If you're at all worried about wasting your runes or items on Iron Golem, then it's just not worth it. Teleport from Enigma can bring the golem back to you, which can prevent letting it get killed, and it's fairly resilient anyway, but there's always a chance that it will die or just disappear. From what I've seen, if one uses Iron Golem, eventually one will lose it. If the thought of all those runes going into a summon that will eventually die or just inexplicably vanish seems too risky, then just don't do it. Wield the Beast yourself and you'll always have it.

But yeah, that being said, for those that just don't care and can afford to throw away the runes, putting Beast on the Iron Golem frees up the weapon slot for something else. Technically, if one wants the most damage output that way, the best combo would be to wield a Faith bow (for a much higher level Fanatacism than Beast) in the necromancer's weapon slot and use the Iron Golem slot for a Pride runeword.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
    If you're at all worried about wasting your runes or items on Iron Golem, then it's just not worth it. Teleport from Enigma can bring the golem back to you, which can prevent letting it get killed, and it's fairly resilient anyway, but there's always a chance that it will die or just disappear. From what I've seen, if one uses Iron Golem, eventually one will lose it. If the thought of all those runes going into a summon that will eventually die or just inexplicably vanish seems too risky, then just don't do it. Wield the Beast yourself and you'll always have it.

But yeah, that being said, for those that just don't care and can afford to throw away the runes, putting Beast on the Iron Golem frees up the weapon slot for something else. Technically, if one wants the most damage output that way, the best combo would be to wield a Faith bow (for a much higher level Fanatacism than Beast) in the necromancer's weapon slot and use the Iron Golem slot for a Pride runeword.

Mmmm... why should you use pride on your golem instead of giving it to your merc?
    Merc with pride
    Faith iron golem
    Leoric on yourself

@holy dude: beast can only be done in an axe, so no chance to give beast to your merc

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erfel View Post
    Mmmm... why should you use pride on your golem instead of giving it to your merc?
    Because Pride really doesn't hit that hard. You'd be sacrificing a lot of the damage output of your strongest damage dealer. That's assuming that one wants a mercenary as a damage dealer (and in that case, Breath of the Dying would be the ideal weapon for the mercenary). If one wanted to play a different sort of build, where the mercenary doesn't hit as hard and is meant to be an aura machine, then of course Pride would be an option. It wouldn't be the best option, though, if the assumption is that the damage is coming from skeletons. Infinity would help them more than Pride.
    Last edited by Namtar; 02-09-2013 at 07:25.

Ok, these are my changes:

-Magefist instead of Frostburn
    -Beast instead of Leoric
    -Not focusing so heavily on Iron Golems (probably just using clay for now)
    -Infinity on Merc

Oh one last thing. A lot of people say Trang Gloves? So trangs or Magefist?

IncGamers Member

I've used Trag-Oul's Claws on my summoners. You'll have general +skills anyway, but bumping up the skill levels on your curses is nice. You could certainly get away with Magefist too. You get the rest of the gear figured out yet? Going with Homunculus for your main shield?

Infinity works quite well and is, as far as I know, the best bet for helping squeeze as much as you can out of your skeletons. I've come to prefer Breath of the Dying, which can potentially hit so hard and so fast that it makes skeletons seem superfluous.