Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag turfsmurf-2337

Re: Expansion thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grisu View Post
    Heh, sounds good regarding the shared paragon levels Hope everything's fine in RL!?

Hope we stay in touch and will try to visit the forums/D3 more frequently in the future!
    Everything is fine AFK, I mean in RL. I'm still coding for a living and enjoying it, although that does mean that the only time I'm not looking at a computer screen is when I'm asleep.

I haven't delved that much into the loot changes, but one question arises: only the affixes will depend from the clvl, but not the base item damage, if I understood you correclty, AJK?
    I don't know. I assume that the base damage and armor also scale with item level. I'm working with the info Blizzard gave us and that's not too much. Perhaps more details and info will arrive at/after Blizzcon.

I think they are steps into the right direction and will make the game more interesting for player like us who want to avoid the AH. It's just that in D3C item drops really didn't excite me...when a legendary dropped (below clvl 60), I could pretty much be sure that it was worse than my current rare or even magical (shopped) equipment. If at least they'd have some unique abilities, it would be much more fun
    I'm all for weird and special items. Most of D3's gear is just a bunch of stats and nothing else. More creative gear like the Puzzle Ring would be cool. Also, the expac will bring the mystic and targeted drops, so it should be easier and more rewarding to farm for your own gear.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

Play on the console, the current paragon system is already profile wide and you can play offline and get cool looties =D

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

I like that you can get an extra way to customize your character (with the paragon points), but then they ruin it by saying your first point goes into this category, your second goes into this category, and it rotates through the four categories. Essentially doing the same exact thing as auto-adding stats to your character. Point 1, damage. Point 2, defense, Point 3, frw, etc.

IncGamers Member

Does anyone know if they change how the story is told?

I find it quite stupid that when I play the game again with a character that has completed normal I get all mandatory quest speeches, all proximity NPC speeches, all non-selectable NPC speeches, but no notifications on selectable NPC speeches nor monster & story lore. For example if I start Nightmare or Normal with M10 from the first quest I get the speech from Captain Rumford how Leaf is the only survivor, when I enter New Tristram the guy tossing corpses to fire has both speech options available but greyed out, when I click the traveling scholar I get the speech about being too near to Tristram history and when I pass brother Malach he gives the Zakarum speech.

So all goes just like when you start a new game except that selectable NPC speeches are not activated by story and lore you already have doesn't activate.

This is IMHO stupid. Either full story or no story. If one wants to roleplay her characters she should have possibility to do so and if one only wants to mindlessly kill monsters one shouldn't be bothered by story at all.

Hope they fix this in the expansion.

Anja

BattleTag sanity-1134

Im just glad theirs going to be something other then the campaign to do, im trying to level all 5 classes to 60 before the release and honestly playing through the campaign over and over is repetitive and gets really dull.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Hope everything's fine in RL!?
    I'm just stopping in to applaud your interrobang (!?).

BattleTag Grisu-2156

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    I'm just stopping in to applaud your interrobang (!?).
    Lol! It's been 5 months since that post! AJK has probably gone into hibernation mode again in the meantime and now you applaud me for my interrobang?

(btw, had to look up the word intterobang - there is no word for it in German because, as the German wikipedia states (attention, self-made translation following): "The interrobang [...] is a rare non-standard punctuation mark which is not used in German".)

So I get applauded for the use of something that doesn't even exist in my mother tongue? How cool is that!

So...expansion thoughts...well, I think I'll do a play through with the Crusader and see if the game can find a place in my long-term-motivational cortex next to D2.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Lol! It's been 5 months since that post! AJK has probably gone into hibernation mode again in the meantime and now you applaud me for my interrobang?

(btw, had to look up the word intterobang - there is no word for it in German because, as the German wikipedia states (attention, self-made translation following): "The interrobang [...] is a rare non-standard punctuation mark which is not used in German".)

So I get applauded for the use of something that doesn't even exist in my mother tongue? How cool is that!
    Well, I was being a bit imprecise, the interrobang is this:

75px-Interrobang.svg.png

which is not used much anymore. I had to put the image instead of typing it because most fonts don't even have it. In modern typing, people use "?!" or "!?", both of which are fairly common.

On topic: I'm not going to preorder the expansion, but I will play D3C 2.0 for a week or two before deciding if I want to get RoS.

BattleTag Joosh-6939

Seems like everyone has decided to come back around this time, looking forward to the new release, hopefully it will keep my attention for sometime. Grisu, I would be happy to either roll on Europe or Americas with you for a play through, keep in touch.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that with the RoS release I will be looking at running another MFO once we establish a method for calculation again.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by Joosh View Post
    Forgot to mention that with the RoS release I will be looking at running another MFO once we establish a method for calculation again.
    Thinking about the buffed drop rate for plans, maybe some points for the level 10 plans?

Sorry for OT