Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    But the big thing is Gwaihir pushing for info that only helps the scum. Jason seems willing to vote for Flubb or Gwaihir. Zauper you seem unwiling to vote for Gwaihir, but I don't understand why. He clearly was trying to get info from me and TC that would only help scum and won't give a defense for it.
    There is reason to believe that Gwaihir's claim is legit (i.e. there have been matching RBs; my name makes me thing his is legit and that role seems town-aligned).

That's my hesitation.

Vote: flubbucket

^^ not sure if that was necessary or not.

flubb should have 5 now, so I guess it's all irrelevant.

Right now, I believe Jason to be town. All his actions just seem right to me.

On the other side, Gwaihir and Zauper need to be looked into.

flubbucket has been locked and will be lynched in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    Well, Gwaihir, I don't recall anyone giving me advice on how to play a tracker. When I saw TC's last minute doctor claim, I thought it would be useful to confirm that. If I had tracked him and he visited nobody, then obviously he's not a doctor, and while I cannot say for 100% that he is the doctor just because he visited somebody and they are still alive, it does fit with his claim.

I felt that since we came so close to lynching him yesterday, it was prudent to try and see if it was likely he was telling the truth or if he just spun that story to save his skin. I certainly felt that tracking him would be likely to give me actual useful information vs. tracking a random vanilla claim and getting no worthwhile results.

It's easy to say in hindsight that if I had tracked someone else maybe I would have found the hitman, but that's all it is Gwaihir ... a maybe. I could just as easily have gotten back the response telling me that the person I'm tracking didn't visit anybody.

And you still haven't answered why you think it's a good idea for me to reveal who TC visited and thus give the mafia the target that cannot be doctor saved tonight. Why would you want that information out in the open? The people who most want that information are the scum team, and you tried to get me to give it up. Instead of answering why, you're attempting to re-direct and say that TC and I must be scum together.

The fact of the matter is that it's very likely TC is indeed what he says he is, and that being so the fact of the matter is that me giving the information you asked for helps the mafia and hurts the town, and the biggest fact of the matter is that you are the one who wanted me to do that and you refuse to answer for it. Your reaction instead is to go on the attack to try and distract from it.

Also, I've been thinking about this ability you claimed. You say it's a simple roleblock, but TC described being given some kind of nightmare or something. That lines up with what Jason was saying about getting a message in the night from someone trying to get him not to trust TC. So here you are trying to avoid answering for making a scummy information demand and trying to cast doubt on TC and by association me, and Jason got this message last night that happens to line up with your agenda, and we know that you send some kind of nightmares at night.

The pieces seem to be fitting together into a pretty clear picture.
    I will admit, I have been all over today. Thinking that claimed power roles are town. Thinking that one or more are mafia. Etc. Honestly, the claim idea was not particularly well thought through. It came from the fact that maybe you were lying about your role and TC was not, therefore we could see if you actually were what you claimed. The only previous conformable info you had was on Zauper, and if you know the doc was dead, that could have been a good guess. And if today is MYLO and we lynch, and the claim gives us a mafia, it would be worth the reveal.

When it comes down to it, I am just absolutely sick and tired have absolutely no useful confirmed information. I work best at piecing things together when I know I have something I can rely on. If one of you two is killed, then we again have no way of being sure that the other is telling the truth. So still at square 1.

Also, TC mentioned something about me giving him a nightmare? I aparently missed this, could you quote it? I will go back and look at this if I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCat View Post
    Why or why not the flavour of my role does or doesn't fit with in with the ability / mechanic is not something I can control. Looking at it from a host perspective, there will be things which don't match 100%, but you will use a mechanic regardless.

But the way I see it, it makes sense. I know everyone in the company and because of that, I know a bit of their abilities to be able to take over.
    Yeah, mechanics over story. And I admit it is a pretty cool role if true. I guess all I have to compare against is mine, and it makes immediate and complete sense how my character would be a roleblocker based on the flavor that accompanies it.

Well, it appears noone else is a fan of the nolynch. I really hope lynching flubb works, but I just don't think he is mafia.

Obviously you did not die that day, Guardsman.

No, Lord Inquisitor. But I wish I had.

---------------

When I came to, the room was dark and quiet. Light streamed in from the hallway flood lights, but all the interior room lights had been blown out. Specks of dust floated throughout the room still, so I could not have been unconscious for more than a couple of minutes.

My left leg had been broken, though it appeared that the bone hadn't pierced the skin. I still had my emergency med-kit, and I was able to make a crude splint. A morphine shot helped dull the pain so that I could bear to stand on it. While I realize it's against regulations, the only crutch I could find was my las-gun.

I saw the Space Marine I had followed into the room about 15 yards from me. Or at least, what was left of him. The right half of his body was completely missing, and his power sword had been buried into his helmet. I realized then that if something had the power to kill a Space Marine in such a brutal manner, then what chance did I have? None. I feel no shame in retreating, sir.

So that's what I did. I wasn't precisely sure which route lead to the exit, but it didn't matter. I had faith that the Emperor's Will would guide me out of that broken, cursed place of death.

------------

flubbucket has been lynched! He was Guardsman Jericus. Town. Vanilla.

------------

Night Six has fallen. The sooner actions are submitted to me, the cleaner tomorrow will be. Additionally, please submit a copy to Goryani.

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin Graye View Post
    Just so everyone is on the same page: I'll be out of town tomorrow when Day Six is supposed to start. Goryani has graciously offered to start the day in my stead. I'll be back Sunday night.
    Just a reminder to any affected player: If you have any game related action, in addition to your normal method(s), send me a copy via PM if you want to make sure it counts.

P.S. It's still night. Go back to sleep.

Ways to annoy your opponent while playing a Warhammer 40k campaign:

#43. Use a paintball gun to remove casualties. For both sides.

"Okay," declared Slaanesh, counting on his fingers as he went, "that's Choc Choc Chip with extra Choccy Pieces for me, Lemon Sorbet for Nurgle - nice, might have that myself next time - Pistachio for Tzeentch-"

"-with sprinkles!"

"-Pistachio with sprinkles for-"

"-no, make it Deluxe Cookie Dough."

"Fine. Deluxe Cookie Dough for Tzeen-"

"Oh! Oh! Wait! Can I have Vanilla Cookie Delight instead? With sprinkles!" Tzeentch at least had the courtesy to look sheepish. "I am the Changer of Ways. I can't help it."

Slaanesh sighed. It was always like this. Now for the hard part. You just had to be careful not to ask him what he wanted, not outright. "The others have given me their choices, Khorne. Would you do the same?"

Khorne looked up from the plexiglass counter, his brow furled. "They all tempt me with their many flavours."

Slaanesh fixed a smile on his face. "And which is the one for you?"

Tzeentch leant in between Slaanesh and Khorne, looking anxious. "Can I make it Raspberry Ripple? Sorry. Thanks. Sorry."

"Fruit-based flavours are insufficiently mighty, and sorbets are for the weak."

"Uhuh."

"I desire a flake. I will not be denied a flake, or I will crush this stall and all within it," growled Khorne. "And one of the little wafer straws, there."

"And the flavour...?" Slaanesh's smile was starting to fade despite his best efforts.

"Silence! Your prattling distracts me from my contemplation of the Belgian Chocolate."

"Oh, for Our sake, Khorne!" Nurlge burbled in exasperation, "Will you just bloody well tell us what you want!"

"No!" screamed Slaanesh, but it was too late.

"What I want? What I want?" Khorne threw back his massive head. "BLOOD! I WANT BLOOD!! THERE MUST BE BLOOD!!!"

Slaanesh and the others withdrew to a discreet distance. It was going to be another long day.

Source.

Nobody died.

Current Live Players:
    Spoiler

Current Dead Players:
    Spoiler

Day 6 has begun. With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch/lock.

So the question is did Gwaihir block a kill, did ThunderCat save the person I watched him visit, or did the mafia withhold the kill?

If we can find a way to be sure Gwaihir blocked, then he can hand us a scum.

I think the best thing to do is have whoever was blocked tell us they were blocked.

Also, I now trust Drixx to be town. He he was the mafia tracker, he knew who I saved the previous night and that person would be dead today as there was no way for me to save them.

I'd like to hear from whoever was blocked and Gwaihir before making any further judgment though. We need to figure out who was the one that prevented the kill. Gwaihir or I.