Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag FireStormNZ-1915

Re: D3X Your Hero and the State of the Game

Zappa I agree it doesn't seem sensible for Blizz to make all our current gear redundant but with the launch of the expansion there will be items available up to ilvl 73. It doesn't seem too much of a stretch to imagine the ilvl 73 items will be better than our current ilvl 63 items.

This isn't the fallout of loot 2.0 but the impact of the launch of the expansion and character classes moving from 60 - 70.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the impact of loot 2.0 on the current economy but I think once the expansion arrives we will be tossing a lot of our current gear into the vendors pretty early into the end game.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

This raises another question for me ... What about SET ITEMS ?? Ive spent a lot of time and gold acquiring the IK set for my Barbarian. Surely they wont make the set items obsolete and add something to them to make them still viable ?? I cant see them saying all SET items are now worthless so get different gears when SET items are such a big part of the game... BTW can they PLEASE bring back low level set items like ---> Sigons...... I miss all those low level sets re-leveling my dead heroes...

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Well, tbh they did already scrap the first iteration of the sets with the current versions and apart from maybe Nat's set I don't think any of the legacy sets are being used, so in honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the sets got whacked again.

It's either that or they will introduce a new collection of sets which would probably bump the current sets out of play yet again.

I mean, I've not seen too much of RoS yet, but that wizard wand they showed boosted 3k+ dps... And unless they ONLY increase dps on weapons and no single other stat in the game for items lvl 63+ you'll want those bigger values on everything.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Hey guys

From what I have seen it seems that the bigger dps on the weapons is not just a flat increase in damage (since I don't think going from like 1100dps weapons to 3000dps weapons is reasonable, even with a 10 level difference) but also to compensate for a decrease in the reliance on crit chance and crit damage to increase dps. I am quite certain that they want to open up new gearing options, and that the newer weapons and items will roll with lower values of cc and cd but that overall dps will still be maintained at a good level to handle level 70 monsters through better base dps on weapons. This also arises from the fact that the paragon system (as it now stands) will require a LOT of points (100 points to be exact, as it is now) to put in just to get 10% crit chance and 50% crit damage in the offence tab. Maybe you consider that a lot of cc and cd for "free" but I see it as a huge investment of paragon points for something that is relatively easy to obtain on current gear.

As for sets, I believe that what is going to happen is that all current legendaries will be able to roll at level 70 (as per the level 70 puzzle ring they showed us), but with the same set bonuses (or slightly tweaked) as we get now. I would be surprised if, for instance, you find a new level 70 IK helm and it doesn't work with the other IK items that we have now to still give you the set bonuses. The difference will be that the IK helm you find will have a good chance to be much better than any IK helm that currently exists, and you will be able to use the mystic to re-roll stats on it (plus it will have a chance to roll class specific affixes as per smart drops if you find it with your barb). So the items you have now won't be total junk immediately, and set items will still work with new pieces of the set you find at higher levels, its just that over time you will replace the set pieces you have now with other higher level pieces of the same set (or switch to whatever new sets they add in addition).

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Early days guys, it cannot do harm to wait a bit for more final details close to release. Blizzard can make u-turns easily, remember the talisman? Those weapon DPS might get tuned down quite a bit for all we know.

IncGamers Member

Current plans include play in the SFHC ladder that Vega setup.

Xpac plans, activate ladder, wipe everything do something to get a 100% clear start and run a 2h/shield Crusader to max paragon.

Self found of course.

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Early days guys, it cannot do harm to wait a bit for more final details close to release. Blizzard can make u-turns easily, remember the talisman? Those weapon DPS might get tuned down quite a bit for all we know.
    True, true.

I'm just speculating based on current thinking and what they have revealed so far. There is still a long road to go.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag FireStormNZ-1915

Agreed on still long to go but Blizzard has a bit of a track record of releasing expansions that could help us reach some useful judgements now - D2 and WoW both come to mind. I only played the original D2 not the expansion so I can't comment on that but from my relatively limited experience of WoW a new expansion equalled a new gear set pretty early on in the piece, hell a new pach update in the same expansion often equalled a new gear set pretty quickly (Icecrown citadel anyone?!)

For those of you who played Lord of Destruction were there any items that were top tier in the original game then still top tier in the expansion?

Ultimately until the details get firmed up this is all conjecture but I think it is still useful talking about it now so people can make more informed choices if they want too.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireStormNZ View Post
    Agreed on still long to go but Blizzard has a bit of a track record of releasing expansions that could help us reach some useful judgements now - D2 and WoW both come to mind. I only played the original D2 not the expansion so I can't comment on that but from my relatively limited experience of WoW a new expansion equalled a new gear set pretty early on in the piece, hell a new pach update in the same expansion often equalled a new gear set pretty quickly (Icecrown citadel anyone?!)

For those of you who played Lord of Destruction were there any items that were top tier in the original game then still top tier in the expansion?

Ultimately until the details get firmed up this is all conjecture but I think it is still useful talking about it now so people can make more informed choices if they want too.
    SoJ, kind of Frostburns and Magefists. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Supposedly all your paragon points will be added into one new account wide total. If that's the case it might make sense to have 5 paragon 20 chars instead of one P100, regarding the exp. But still, the P100 will get much better items and cash income.
    As post on front page says right now, they will calculate your total amount of Paragon EXP (not points) into Paragon 2.0 points. So a P100 will be worth around 5 x P50.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...2-0-complaints