Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Re: Crusader first reactions?

Quote Originally Posted by snurrfint View Post
    You don't know that lol.

They have to have some things saved for Blizzcon to show everyone you know. A demo of the new PvP system could definitely be one attraction on Blizzcon where they will have an e-sports events and all that. Seems more fitting than a standard game convention to me.

Also, if they introduced the xpack for d3 with a rant about how they improved chat channels, only you in the entire world would have thought that that was a cool introduction. Social features feels more like a panel talk than an announcement topic to me.

Regarding the paladin, you still have 5 other classes to play with new skills and stuff.
    To clarify, they went 3 for 3 in the gamescom announcement. They gave me absolutely nothing I was looking for. Perfect score!

But here is the problem. As we learned with D3C, they focus on removing features to release the game over adding new unannounced features. Early on, Blizzard promised PvP (with even a fully workable system way early on that people played at Blizzcon!), the mystic, traits, etc...all REMOVED...

We could ponder what they have not announced for D3X...maybe they will add x, y, or z....but history suggests the prudent move is to ponder what D3X announced features will get cut!

i am pretty sure everyone knew a str based character was coming next though it seems many people felt we would get 2 characters. seeing as we got 1 i think its a good choice. i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Appearance: Meh. Looks pretty generic to me. Remember pre-d3 all of that "we took character archetypes and gave them a twist" talk? Looks like the twist was ruled out for this guy; he's straight Paladin 2.0 and looks like the Templar in new armor. I await some evocative concept art eagerly. I wasn't a huge fan of the D2 Paladin's look, but at least he had the knight in shining armor thing going. Chrome and gleaming and different than the others. I don't see that for the Crusader yet.
    Well, I was a fan of the Paladin so I'm biased the other way
    Crusader looks generic, true, but there's only so much you can do with the swoard-and-board archetype we were bound to get sooner or later. I don't mind, nah, I like this darker, grittier Paladin look and I bet some twist will be in his background.
    Besides - Barbarian wasn't generic at all... ;P
    Lore: Not much to say, since they didn't tell us anything yet. Generic good guy knight out to battle evil? Do we at least get the stereotypical "inflexible zeal against evil leaves him unable to accept shades of gray" character type?
    Good and righteous was kinda taken by the Monk I guess...
    How about disillusioned Paladin who came to understand that you can't fight evil with goodness of your heart and it's rather "fight fire with fire" approach that will work better against the demons. I see kind of Dirty Harry / Templar cranked up to 11 anti-hero character (hence the "Wrath" resource).
    Combat: Well, if you missed the Paladin and shield abilities you should be happy. As my main in D3 is a Monk with a shield (Hardcore) I found most of the visuals quite similar. Melee attacks with a sword/shield and glowing rune things on the ground? Yeah, I've done that.
    What I, personally missed is Zeal or similar fast multi-target primary attack. With more than a half of shown skills being updates of the old Paladin skills I'd say the chances are good
    I do wander how exactly the Wrath resource will work. Will it be only a carbon copy of Barbarian's Fury?

BattleTag Flexy-2748

No need.

Gonna play through act 5 with normal pace and then race to lvl70 with my Wizard.
    After that it's lootruns all day, errday.

Quote Originally Posted by tommerbob View Post
    The Paladins come from the Zakarum religion, which was based in Travincal in Kurast.

You may be thinking of the Templar order. However, I don't remember the details of where they originate, I'll have to log back in and have a chat with Kormak. :P
    Or you're thinking of the formerly Paladin-only, still diablo.incgamers-affiliated guild The Holy Knights of Westmarch (of which I am a member, full disclosure).

Needless to say, I'm psyched. I was very disappointed that the game didn't include a Paladin rehash on release.

Do we want more blondes? Also, couldn't one argue that the Nun is actually silver-haired? Platinum blonde I guess, but it seems more white than yellow, to my eye.

Speaking of, real lack of Crusader concept art thus far, and nothign about the character's actual personality, which is odd. Seems like they spent all their lore/story on Methangel and left nothing for the generic 6th class. Hope that changes and I assume the Crusader will get all those 2D autobiographical cinematics added in, so if you play one through the whole game it'll be like the other 5 classes. Just not sharing much/any of that via gamescom yet.
    Hah, hopefully they won't include those things. Obscene content deleted. Let's keep it clean, please.
    Last edited by Noodle; 22-08-2013 at 16:59.

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

The Paladin was my favorite class in d2, so when i saw the skills fist of heavens and blessed hammers, i was definitely sold This is the class that blizzard should have introduced from the beginning. However, if i have to give some constructive criticism to the crusader class, it has to be, that itīs not very creative or new. I would have liked a different approach to the class, maybe as a mixture of a necromancer/Knight on the darker side, rather than just a paladin with another name. Also i fear, that once the crusader comes, nobody will play the monk as they both kinda fill the same roles. In stead of the monk blizzard should have introduced a dex based druid, since we still need a shapeshifter class.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I just hope we get some way to regenerate enough "wrath" to perma hammer. and smite would be a good throw back something to give shield more meaning than saving your life. and zeal!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kornkills View Post
    I just hope we get some way to regenerate enough "wrath" to perma hammer.
    Yasureyabetcha. This and unlimited Paragon means that Baal, err, Maltha bots will make a happy return to D3. That brings it closer to the definitive D2 experience at least...

I swore I wouldn't buy the expansion and I hated the Paladin in D2, so I'm not too psyched about this. If loot 2.0 means mere 3k dps weapons then High Heavens help us all...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
    Meh. Feels like too much of a hybrid between classes that are already in D3. Even his shtick, "tanky face" is already the Barbarian's shtick. Need to see more of his skills/passives to see if he has an interesting gameplay element to him.
    Have you played a public game as a ranged attacker with barbs in your party? They are usually horrible tanks. They always whirlwind right past the packs.