Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Crusader first reactions?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_of_Wrath View Post
    3) Location. The story is set in Westmarch and the Knights of Westmarch were the Paladin's origin.
    The Paladins come from the Zakarum religion, which was based in Travincal in Kurast.

You may be thinking of the Templar order. However, I don't remember the details of where they originate, I'll have to log back in and have a chat with Kormak. :P

IncGamers Member

I'm ok with the class type. A shield based class is cool and hopefuly shields will get some love and creativity so that other classes can use them in general. I'd like to see the liquid chrome armor styles for this class I don't want none of this worn down crap they already did that with the grey haired barbarian. What I absolutely am sick of is that ugly yellow they feel like they have to use to represent the "holy light" spells; I mean really add some other colors, do some blue/white combos or red/white too much yellow for his spells.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I used to be really into in PvP in World of Warcraft.

I was guild leader of the top PvP guild on my server back in vanilla WoW. I hit rank 14 (the highest), and helped many others hit rank 14. I would run organized BG groups for hours back in the day. We were horde, and back then that meant we got shaman but could not access paladins.

We grew to DESPISE paladins with a white hot hatred.

Paladins have this "skill" where they could bubble. They would be enclosed in this bubble, and they could walk around, cast spells, heal their teammates, and were invincible to damage. There was NO COUNTER. There was NOTHING more maddening than 2 paladins assaulting a flag in Arathi Basin. They would organize themselves so that if a group came and attacked one, he would bubble immediately. If you tried to attack the other paladin, the bubbled pally would heal him and you couldnt kill him. Then when his bubble more off, they would change roles and the other paladin would bubble and play invincible healer. It only takes a minute to capture a flag, so once they tapped it, a full strike team of 15 players would be unable to take it back.

Paladins were basically an alliance-only "I win" button. Pure cheese. They would bubble, laugh at you, dance, and heal everyone and you could do nothing about it.

To this day, I hate the paladin class. I refuse to roll paladins in D2. I never played a paladin in WoW because of that experience. And I wished they never showed up in D3 in any form. But I also figured they would.

I won't ever play them in D3 either lol. They are a bunch of saintly jackasses.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

My own personal hell manifested as a Diablo 3 xpac would be:

1. no improvements to social features
    2. no pvp improvements
    3. And, just to piss me off, add a paladin class

I see they went 3 for 3 loLOlllollOl

I like the look of the Crusader but agree with those who think the "holy warrior" role has already been filled by the Monk and the Templar.

BTW the female Crusader is blonde; just like the female Monk

Quote Originally Posted by fmulder View Post
    BTW the female Crusader is blonde; just like the female Monk
    Do we want more blondes? Also, couldn't one argue that the Nun is actually silver-haired? Platinum blonde I guess, but it seems more white than yellow, to my eye.

Speaking of, real lack of Crusader concept art thus far, and nothign about the character's actual personality, which is odd. Seems like they spent all their lore/story on Methangel and left nothing for the generic 6th class. Hope that changes and I assume the Crusader will get all those 2D autobiographical cinematics added in, so if you play one through the whole game it'll be like the other 5 classes. Just not sharing much/any of that via gamescom yet.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Double post sorry

My own personal hell manifested as a Diablo 3 xpac would be:

1. no improvements to social features
    2. no pvp improvements
    3. And, just to piss me off, add a paladin class

I see they went 3 for 3 loLOlllollOl
    You don't know that lol.

They have to have some things saved for Blizzcon to show everyone you know. A demo of the new PvP system could definitely be one attraction on Blizzcon where they will have an e-sports events and all that. Seems more fitting than a standard game convention to me.

Also, if they introduced the xpack for d3 with a rant about how they improved chat channels, only you in the entire world would have thought that that was a cool introduction. Social features feels more like a panel talk than an announcement topic to me.

Regarding the paladin, you still have 5 other classes to play with new skills and stuff.

BattleTag Kingu-2601

Looks ok, but it is 1 of 15 Armour sets. Spec.
    Shield as off-hand (better for HC anyway), so probably no 2h class specific.
    Flail as class specific, well some innovation, over "almighty sword".
    So we are left with another class spec. Armour item, my vote for chest.
    Portrait a generic shaved bold guy, almost let's take Tyrael and paint him white.
    I wonder whose accents their voices will have.

Overall nothing new, but execution may give it a buff.

Still hoping for a melee summon druid (non shapeshift) kind of character someday, but since we already have the WD and the Crusader is on his way that's unlikely to happen in D3.

However, if we're able to create something along the lines of a D2 zealot/avenger I'll be playing one on release date.