Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Crusader first reactions?

Well, when I first saw the full class list in Diablo III myself, I was hoping and guessing that the first of the xpac classes was going to be some kind of knight in shining armor class. In truth, I thought it would have been more interesting to be a knight in shinning armor, but not be a holy knight of any kind. I'm still quite happy with this choice.

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Needs the flail from Sauron in the Fellowship of the Rings and an armor set similar to it.

Skill-wise.
    My main concern is wether they keep the Charge skill in or not. Make again possible the option of an alternative strong aggressive build, that is fragile at the same moment. They had this in D2. Just make it again happen. This is what made paladin so interesting to me and many others. Also, Charge had a unique feeling, because it was a non-magic skill. It had a brutal melee feeling. This is a must have for the class. That "falling sword" or whatever was called skill, was okish, but still very magical. You still need a "melee" feeling skill. D2 Paladin was very well balanced on this.

Concept-wise.
    Since all armor and weapons have this more-or-less cartoonish approach, then how you expect your shiny armors, Flux? I wish we somehow could once again have "serious" looking armor sets and weapons, but that won't happen. I guess the black armor on the wiki page is the best style we are gonna get.
    I think a darker approach to the paladin background would fit well. But I'm affraid crusader will be again a good knight.
    Crusader probably will be a man similarly looking to Tyrael. In fact, tyrael looks a lot like the D2 paladin. Never got why. What a stupid decision of Blizzard. There were so many faces to choose, and they chose the same face paladin had in D2.... plain silly. Now probably crusader will have the same look as well.
    The flail is a good idea as a weapon of class.

btw, I agree that DH has some stupidly complicated armor sets. But then again, with some exceptions, most armorsets look so plastic and sci-fi.... oh well.

For me it's a given, I'll try this new class. I was a huge fan of the Paladin in D II and for me it was a bit of a disappointment when D III was released on my beloved Paladin was gone. The Monk was the closest thing and I played it a lot. I just love a shield wielding character and what I saw with the Crusader pleased me. The concept might not be extremely original but there is only so much character classes you can put in game and not repeat yourself. Well, lets wait and see.

Diablo: IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Eric-2780

If the 'hammeraderİ' does enough damage, it'll rule the entire screen again...
    I guess shieldbearer sounded too weak as a class :/

Will try and see, but first get my barb up to lvl 70 through Act V of course

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I'd rather say Hammerder, or Crusammer :-) (Cruz-am-er). I'm pretty excited about it. I've been saving my 15xx dps grandfather sword for my first crusader... well until I find a 3000dps one hander that is -_- ...these dps figures are getting absurd.

sent from my GalaxySIII

Diablo: IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Eric-2780

In that case I'm going for Hammaderİ or Crushammerİ

My barb will get this newly improved crusader gear as the 2 classes are both strength based and my barb is already endgamish...

BattleTag Flexy-2748

After watching some streams and high-level crusader play, I have to rephrase my previous comment:

HYPED for the Crusader! My plan is still to play through Act 5 with one of my other chars and get lvl70, but then I'll powerlevel the Crusader to 70 so I have all classes covered.
    I'm REALLY looking forward to equip all my characters with self-found gear and still make them viable. The removal of the AH and account-wide paragon will make this game much, much better.

IncGamers Member

Boring skillset - basically a combination of all existing skills with different number slapped on it - I can't see a real different playstyle.

IncGamers Member HolyDiverDiablo's Avatar

I know D3classic chars will convert to D3exp, but how do I get my Hammerdin to convert to a Crusader? I see he already has the Hoto and Holy Shield, do I need to bring my own Shako?