Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers News Service

Vote: Will Blizzard Reveal D3:RoS Details at Gamescom?

It's fun to guess at things and make predictions. Our predict the D3X release date thread is a popular destination, and much of our conversation (and reader comments) on this week's Diablo 3 podcast related to what we might learn about the Diablo 3 Expansion, Reaper of Souls, tomorrow morning at Gamescom.

Here's your chance to predict what we're going to find out tomorrow, and earn the right to brag about it the day after. This is a multiple option vote; pick as many as you think are correct and we'll see how right (or wrong) was the community when the big reveal comes (or not) just 10 hours from now. (This vote will be closed when the event starts, for obvious reasons.)

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ls-at-gamescom

By the way, Blizzard's press event is scheduled for Wednesday Aug. 21 at 11:30 a.m. CEST. That's 5:30am US East Coast and 2:30am US West Coast. We will be live-hosting a chat during the event on our Twitch.tv/Incgamers channel, so check in there and hear and react to the news live with the Diablo 3 community.

IncGamers Site Pal
    One new character class, plus whatever story/setting crap they throw in the cinematic. More feature details will come later.

Maybe it\'s a little too obvious, but I\'m betting on necromancer.

I\'ll be shocked if they show the new class. I could see like.... the silhouette as a tease, but a name and actual details or story or the like? I\'d be surprised.

As usual, I just wrote the vote options to cover a gamut of choices, but without thinking what I\'d actually select. And then I went to vote and I none of them leapt out at me. I just went with artsy cinematic and gameplay video, which I think will show some new tileset and monsters, but nothing real in-depth. I\'m expecting much more tease and flash than content.

It might simply be a cinematic, but I am more feeling that it\'ll be a cinematic plus the reveal of a new character class, and maybe a few more non-specific tidbits... the rest will be revealed at Blizzcon. That\'s assuming they announce two new classes for the expansion... if any at all!

I\'m still of the mindset that Blizzard has to pounce on the expansion opportunity and not waste it. Millions of people bought D3 because, well, it\'s Diablo. Many people are disappointed, so Blizz has ground to cover. No major changes or draws to the expansion, and it just won\'t sell well because those who hate the game won\'t justify buying the expansion.

IncGamers Member
    I think we\'ll get a silhouette of the new class like they did with HoTS units. It\'s just enough to keep people hanging til\' blizzcon. They\'ll show a trailer that reveals that the angel of death is malthus and some insight into what imperius is doing if he is going rogue and perhaps the black soul stone. I think they\'ll talk more about loot 2.0 but not reveal too much.

Not my first Blizzard rodeo: ready for the letdown. Hoping for a reason to buy this game.

BattleTag Gus-2965

Re: Vote: Will Blizzard Reveal D3:RoS Details at Gamescom?

I just expect the anouncement of the extension and not a lot more. A cinematic of some sort and a vague idea of the story. I would expect the rest to be revealed at Blizzcon (new classes, in-game images...) or even later.

Concerning Loot 2.0, mystic, BNet0.2 improvements... it is too specific, it would only interest fans. So I would not expect anything concerning these aspects. Perhaps during the interviews with the developpers, but not during the press conference.

Edit: Well so much for my predictions. They revealed much more than I expected.
    Last edited by Malaterre; 21-08-2013 at 10:19.

And the chat/stream are down ... so much for live coverage