Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers News Service

Diablo 3 Gamescom booth tease: Hint of Expansion?

Earlier today Lylirra posted an interesting image on twitter from the soon to be Gamescom booth for Diablo 3.At first glance you see the console message and maybe you shift to something else. However I think it might be alluding to what we may be seeing quite soon.

BSCZtOXCAAAnSRH.jpg-large

The first thing I saw when I looked at this was the sickles. Who do we know is a fan of sickles? Mathiel of course! Does it seem odd that they would be so prominently displayed for a game he wasn't even in?It would seem weird to promote the console version with weapons of a character who wasn't seen. Mathiel has been talked about at length as a possible villain for the expansions(one discussed in our most recent podcast) and if he isn't the big bad he's definitely in it. *Take a look at the rest of the weapons the sword looks much like what Tyrael used in D3 and the weapon on the far right like a spear, maybe perhaps the spear of Inarius?. Weapons of the angels we may have to take down in the expansion?

You can also see on the doorway the image of Inarius striking down a demon. Again while Inarius was a story point in D3 I would argue he wasn't as large of a player as we thought he would be.However, here he is at a major game convention taking center stage. Which then begs the question what is shown on the wall we don't see?

What do you think of the booth? Speculation for speculation sake or true hints at the d3 xpac?

IncGamers Member
    hmm, also an axe in the bottom right and poleaxe right below the sickles. The fact that the sickles are up on a podium giving prominence to them suggests what we\'ve all been speculating. It\'s hard to say what all of the weapons in the rubble means.

IncGamers Member Angel_of_Wrath's Avatar
    BattleTag Slaidius-1483
    All Blizzard bashing aside, they sure know how to put out teasers intended to be dissected by the knowledgeable fans. Love it. It\'s like good foreplay: the end result is that much more gratifying.

Re: the spear. Didn\'t Imperius wield a spear in the Diablo fight cinematic?

We\'ve already wiped out the 7 Evils, let\'s start clearing the Angels. Then what? Titans? Naruu? Burning Legion? Zerg? Xelnaga?

Evil is just reborn in a new form, so it could be anything. Eventually, Diablo himself will be reborn, I guess. Diablo 4, Diablo Online, Blizzard can spin this however they want in the future, I think.

IncGamers Member
    the expansion is called reaper of souls - The reaper uses a sickle as a weapon.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag DMB-2688
    And it\'s actually Malthael the archangel whose concept art had sickles. I believe that\'s what Xanth meant.

Re: Diablo 3 Gamescom booth tease: Hint of Expansion?

I think the angel with the spear should be Imperius not Inarius.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    Wild speculation time!

This is all about PvP! You get to select from pre-built Angels or Demon characters, that all come with custom gear. Fight as Imperius with his spear! Fight as Malthael with his sickles! Fight as the Butcher with his chains!

Reap their souls in the arena!

Clan Officer - US North Diablo: IncGamers Columnist
    Hardcore
    BattleTag HCxanth-1495
    Good find guys, Not sure why my brain had me type Inarius twice while thinking Imperious,It may have been farto early in the morning when I wrote this, either way fixed now!