Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers News Service

Diablo 3 Podcast #105: Gamescom Diablo 3 Expansion RoS Preview

Flux is joined by Neinball and first time guest Rankil to discuss the Diablo 3 Expansion: Reaper of Souls debut/preview coming up this week at Gamescom 2013. Will we get big news or just a small preview? What are they going to hold back for Blizzcon in November?

2. 0:00 -- Rankil's first show introduction, recent play activities, when your Hardcore is higher level than your softcore, and wishing Xanth good fortune on his P100 drive.

3. 6:40 -- Diablo 3 Expansion: Reaper of Souls teaser image discussion. RoS = improved acronym technology!

4. 9:00 -- What will we see of D3:RoS from Gamescom? Cinematic teaser? Actual game footage? Loot 2.0 details? The sixth class?

5. 14:00 -- Analyzing the teaser quote, "Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all." How this relates to the plot of Diablo 3 and previews the plot of the Expansion. Neinball explains Diablo lore and background info. Lots of talk of Archangels in this portion.

6. 23:15 -- Evil angels could be bosses, but what would the trash mobs be? Could angels have demons serving them? Where will Act 5 take place?

7. 28:10 -- Loose ends from Diablo 3's plot. Where's Adria? What becomes of the Black Soulstone? Imperius goes rogue? Will the other Evils return?

8. 33:20 -- Will Gamescom be really big news and prompt emergency podcasts, or will it just be some cool image teases and no real content or info to debate? Diablo III coming sooner than expected?

9. 37:00 -- Diablo 3 console coming soon. Rankil is eager for the PS3 version and a full play through.

10. 41:20 -- Will the expansion add more character slots to go with the new class(es)? Ladders with separate char slots for those? Ironborn mode special char slots to not share the stash? What will the 6th class be? Can it be anything other than a Druid/Half-Demon/Shapeshifter with strength for Mainstat?

11. The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.

BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Diablo 3 Podcast #105: Gamescom Diablo 3 Expansion RoS Preview

I would think that, in a way, Malthiel and the prime evils would fuse together and form this "neutral-like" grim reaper type of an enemy.

Also, this would give the perfect excuse to introduce the necromancer of the cult of Rathma into the game.

also, if, say, Necromancer would be using intelligence as his main stat, the druid could use both strength, dexterity or intelligence, like that in a bear form he would use strength, in werewolf form the dex and as a caster intelligence.

@ What will they show at gamescom, what at BlizzCon?

First of all, it makes no sense from a marketing standpoint to throw a cinematic with the expansion title and a tiny bit of information into the room, and hope that this will keep people satisfied/interested in teh franchise until BlizzCon. It would also be sub-optimal to not reveal the next class (druid?) at this point, so this is what I expect:

- A cinematic trailer featuring the expansion title, a glimpse/teaser of the main antagonist (Malthael?), plus the new class in some furious action

- A gameplay video featuring the new class and some of the news zones/mobs/features

- A bullet list (press conference) incl. an overview of the main/new features, the number of acts & names of the new zones, the new class, the new artisan (Mystic) etc, with in-depth details/coverage following at the BlizzCon D3X1 panels

- A special gamescom promotion like: Order the digital D3X1 PC Version on our webseite now and get this and this for free, plus a GUARANTEED spot in the D3X1 beta!

I\'m convinced that both the beta and release of D3X1 is closer than most people think. Why? Because it would be an enormous effort even for a company like Blizzard to test and release a separate \"Loot 2.0\" systems patch before D3X1. It would be a serious waste of time and resources. Ideally, they would start both the \"Loot 2.0\" patch a.k.a. D3X1 pre-patch beta plus the D3X1 beta in October with a D3X1 release target of May 2014 (and the D3X1 pre-patch some time before that).

BlizzCon belongs for the most part to WOWX5 because it pays the bills.

IncGamers Member
    Sorry to be offtopic, but for months now I have tried to get my account activated and no one ever replies :( I wanna join in on the ironborn hc mode but cant until i am registered! Can someone please sort it for me. Thanks!

PS: This artwork from one of the WWI 2008 Diablo 3 panels is what I think the next class will be:

http://diablo3.gamona.de/w/images/d/d7/D3_druid_shaman_blizzcon_2008_artwork_panel_01.jpg

It seems to be a unique, new version of the druid, possibly a mix of druid (shapeshifter/bear), shaman (elemental/summoning) and ranged fighter (spearazon).

BattleTag Jotunn-2915
    Hi Algopeal

I\'ve never seen a post from you in the SFHCL forum thread, nor is there an application in the diabloladders group from you (not to mention the group has not been around for \"months\"). Be that as it may, go here to make your application: http://www.diablo3ladders.com/ladder/incgamers-sfhcl#hardcore

Then post in the thread that you have applied here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?847829-The-Diablo-Incgamers-SFHCL-(Self-Found-Hardcore-League)-Ironborns-unite!/page14

and I will happily add you to the growing base of players.

I wish you luck, and feel free to pm me or post in the group thread if you are having any difficulties and I will be happy to help you

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Lcypher-1166
    Necros, for sure. There is so many of them in D3, a fully animated, it\'s clear assets had been already made back then

IncGamers Member
    isn\'t that a female witchdoctor ?

with a snake offhand mojo ?

IncGamers Member
    isn\'t that a female witchdoctor with a snake mojo ?

And druids are the more sophisticated brethren of the barbarians.