Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Economy: Can Ironborn Afford Itself?

I guess a middle ground solution would be to sell things on the AH but never buy things from the AH.

IncGamers Member
    No Hellfurion, we are not asking \"for the economy of D3 in general to be nerfed\". We are asking for EXACTLY the opposite! A separate Ironborn system will allow changes to drop rates and a decreases in crafting costs to be isolated and independent from the original game. That way you can have a viable Ironborn system that doesn\'t totally destroy the game system for the AH players. You should be advocating for a separate Ironborn system simply to protect the integrity of YOUR playstyle.

IncGamers Member
    Exactly Mortalo. Paragon system has totally negated and destroyed the decision to wear MF or increase DPS/HP. There needs to be a trade off. They originally put Paragon in to (in part) alleviate the problem that people were swapping out DPS gear for their MF gear just before the kill. The obvious solution was to disallow gear swapping during combat. But in typical Blizzard fashion \"we didn\'t want to take something away from the players\" and created the Paragon system. This has caused more problems than its worth, not only did they remove another type of customisation i.e. now only MAX DPS matters. You now have a two tiered player base, low Paragons who never see any drops and high paragons who have gold and gear to their eyebrows. You absolutely can not balance gear and gold drop rates in that environment.

IncGamers Member

I'm going to call this out every time I see it mentioned, because it's that important:

Quote Originally Posted by Lorderan View Post
    Paragon system has totally negated and destroyed the decision to wear MF or increase DPS/HP. There needs to be a trade off.
    I strongly disagree. The entire point of the game is to have fun killing monsters and have fun acquiring new equipment for my character. I shouldn't have to trade off between the two. That's like saying in Unreal Tournament, I should have to trade off between having fun killing the enemies and winning that round. They aren't always the same thing, depending on the game mode, but they shouldn't be competing interests.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindGeyser View Post
    I'm going to call this out every time I see it mentioned, because it's that important:

I strongly disagree. The entire point of the game is to have fun killing monsters and have fun acquiring new equipment for my character. I shouldn't have to trade off between the two. That's like saying in Unreal Tournament, I should have to trade off between having fun killing the enemies and winning that round. They aren't always the same thing, depending on the game mode, but they shouldn't be competing interests.
    If this were true (it's not) than they should just give everyone free 500% MF from the get-go and remove it as an item mod.

BattleTag TheNix-6417

Quote Originally Posted by Lorderan View Post
    No Hellfurion, we are not asking \"for the economy of D3 in general to be nerfed\". We are asking for EXACTLY the opposite!
    One nerfed or the other buffed makes no difference. You want Blizzard to compensate you for decisions you make about your playing style.

IncGamers Member

A gear decision between MF and DPS/defense is a crappy decision anyway.
    The game shouldn't be easy enough to pick the MF choice in the first place, and most likely it will just multiply any class imbalances in terms of how much MF gear they can use.
    Not saying MF from paragon is great either (it sucks in terms of playing multiple classes). MF from MP lvls on the other hand is good, as it simply tries to somewhat balance the time spend on harder content.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNix View Post
    One nerfed or the other buffed makes no difference. You want Blizzard to compensate you for decisions you make about your playing style.
    No, people are asking for a better game - in their opinion. If it happens to screw over the way you prefer the game (which shouldn't happen simply by having multiple modes - or does HC affect you too?) then so be it.
    As Lorderan says a separate mode could be preferably for those wanting the current game. Personally I would be just fine if AH got bulldozed though.

IncGamers Member
    Your right MindGeyser, but you haven\'t taken into account the huge disparity in gear drops between low and high paragon. That is a massive problem.

IncGamers Member
    Yeah I do TheNix. I\'m not some dumb ginnypig that sits on a tredmill going after gear knowing I\'ll NEVER see any because the drop rate is 100-fold lower than it should be because of the AH.

BattleTag TheNix-6417

Don't you think it is a bit on the conceited side to tell Blizzard that the game would be better if it was made the way you want it? To almost demand them to rework the game so you find it more enjoyable?