Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I agree and hope that Loot 2.0 fixes many of my concerns, but I never said I wanted a lot of different rules for self-found mode. My only hope is that some changes will come which makes self-found more appealing to those who want to play it for the old-school Diablo flavor (read: no AH), not simply because it\'s more challenging than the standard mode.

IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Economy: Can Ironborn Afford Itself?

This is nonsensical, but yov has it covered (as usual).

The point of self-found is, in part, to draw out the "content" by slowing the pace of gear acquisition. Upgrading gems gives you something to work towards. Being able to craft archon amulets (which requires brimstones, which requires a legendary that you don't want to use or keep) takes a while to achieve from a fresh self-found character. Basically, this is ridiculous; shut up and click on monsters until they die.

Also, since it touches on something that Flux mentioned: one of the big appeals of Diablo games, to me, is that content isn't gated by either "forced playing with others" or "forced long stretches of gaming." While the downside is excessive RNG in terms of gear (and possibly other things, if there were non-gear content in endgame...), the upside is that you can get any content (again, read, gear) at any point. I got a great IK Chest as my first ilvl 61+ legendary on my very first A3 farming run. That's awesome, and while gear isn't that exciting to me, it still felt great. It felt even better when I was able to, after months and months, craft some perfect star emeralds to fit into my weapons (the difference was steady versus random and immediate). If people want stuff as soon as their brains can fathom it, they can go play an old school Genesis game with a Game Genie...

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    That\'s not going to happen. You cannot balance both the ah version and selffound version without having 423231232 different rules between them.

If you balance the game for selffound, the AH will be an incredibly easy way to play, like best in slot selling for 100k gold all over the place. If you balance the game for the ah, selffound will be quite hard and in some cases impossible.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator
    I\'m not sure if this has been discussed but due to botting there is a huge influx of gold in the economy. Without all this gold there would not have been the huge inflation that has happened, it would have been much more gradual. Without all the bots many many more players would be in the same boat as self found players as the AH would not reap the same rewards (some good rewards, yes, but not the billions that exist now), and there would not have been the need for such high gold sinks. There would be LESS disparity between AH users and Non AH users. Botting has exacerbated the issue big time.

Fix the botting.

IncGamers Member
    shut up and click on monsters until they die. I LOL\'d.

As a semi-random sidenote, that comment makes me realize why I found the recent whining that the console TV ad was \"casual friendly\" (the horror!!) so grating - Diablo is, and has always been, a very simple, very casual-friendly game. Diablo is not some hardcore gaming masterpiece of depth and grand tactical thinking. Mostly, you shut up and click on monsters until they die.

If anything, D3 is the *least* casual-friendly Diablo game because, unlike D1/D2, almost all half-decent builds will require you to use multiple skills to be able to survive, something the one-skill wonder-world of past Diablo games could rarely claim.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    \"I think the hope/goal of someday obtaining the best possible gear is what animates many players.\"

And what happens after you\'ve found all the best gear within a year? You stop playing? How many high-level D2 runes did you ever manage to find or cube? Again, how many legit self-found Enigmas do you think ever actually existed?
    Yes. Difference is you leave happy.

IncGamers Member
    So the fact that almost no one ever found a Zod rune somehow made D2 a worse game? It means you never could leave D2 happy? Or does it, you know, not affect a damn thing because you don't actually need a Zod rune to do anything in the game?

@flux - gems do exactly what you say, they are constant predictable progress. As you get to higher tiers as self found, you have to weigh whether it is better to roll 20 archon chests or make a high tier gem. One is guaranteed improvement, the other is a gamble.

Marquise are in a weird place. They are specifically there as a gem and gold sink for ah tycoons. The archon crafts are well balanced for self found play. The 6 prop rares crafts are not worth it.

BattleTag Mortalo-2201

1.You can even say that AH can help SF players. Found nice item that you won't use? Put on AH and earn gold to craft.

2.Where is MF gear? I mean, before Paragon Levels everyone was running with MF gear. You don't have 100PL? Wear MF gear (to be honest, I never ran with MF gear, ~230% what I have now with para 22-26 is most I ever had )

3.You know what could be interesting? Min cap on AH items. For example 1mil for 60lvlreq (scalling ofcourse). This would cut all this easy, cheap upgrades.

That's it for me. Keep up with great job Ironborns. Hope to do this after Xpac.

you are missing the point.

i get it that they wanna get separated. that is not the argument here.

it is when they are asking for the economy of D3 in general to be nerfed so that they can afford to be separated. get it?

it is basically the same for Hardcore players asking Blizzard to \"nerf the monsters a little bit\" so they won\'t die.

point is, if they wanna play ironborn, that is fine and that is their choie. by all means do it. but do not ask Blizzard to change the game drastically just to cater your needs. for us \"normal\" players, we think the game is fine the way it is. it is the ironborn players that should adopt.