Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    I tend to agree. The point of playing ironborn is for a challenge. It doesn\'t make sense to me to turn around say \"well this is too hard\".

In theory, the devs could tune the game such that ironborn is easy. At which point the people who actually want a challenge will seek some sort of playstyle even more difficult than ironborn to find a challenge.

I for one hope that they add an \"ironborn\" mode in D3X or something. I\'m not exactly in the position to demand anything, given that I\'ve only played D3 2-3 times since last summer, but the economy was one of the major reasons I stopped playing.

In no way can I afford to upgrade gems or craft equipment. A typical A1 clear net me only a few hundred thousand after repair costs. Yes my gear sucks and I\'m only paragon 2 or 3 or something, but the point is that I\'m not finding anything that helps me get better, and I don\'t earn anywhere near enough in order to craft/upgrade. Thus I found the grind boring and simply stopped playing (still only in A2 Inferno).

Really hope that they make some changes in the expansion that promote self-found play. I mean, I became sick of grind before I even cleared it on all difficulties, simply because I felt that all the game did was punishing me for not using the AH.

One of the central points of the \"Loot 2.0\" fixes is to make self finding more viable; to give players the thrill of finding an upgrade in-game, rather than via the AH. Which should please you, at least more than the current system.

It\'s hard for the devs since most of the noise and attention goes to the high end, end game, Inferno, etc. But plenty of more casual players don\'t benefit from those changes, or have difficulties or issues with the game that aren\'t at all shared by people with 2000 hours played and 10b in the bank. And the AH only makes that harder, since there\'s such a direct route from gear to gold and back to gear in D3 that everything basically comes with a price tag on it.

I tend to agree that Paragon level bonuses are too impactful. Either that or there are too many paragon levels. At any rate, giving high level chars max MF/GF for free, in a game where exceeding 300-400% MF is really the key to unlocking high quantity legendary gear, is an issue.

Like everyone else, I\'m curious to see what Paragon 2.0 does, in terms of providing benefits to grinding and adding customization, without making the whole thing too overpowered or exacerbating D3\'s general \"rich always get richer\" issues.

BattleTag Gus-2965

Re: Diablo 3 Economy: Can Ironborn Afford Itself?

Well, money is rather hard to come by. I played SF for several monthes now (around 250 hours, total). I just got the "10 millions gold pieces found" achievement. I obviously got more money than that with the loot I sold to merchants. At the moment I have around 7 millions gold pieces. Of course, it will get better with higher parangon levels.

So everything is rather expensive: crafting plans for armors (1.5 millions each), upgrading gems, crafting... At the same time, the game is feasible till Inferno MP0-1 with just the loots you find so there is no real need to craft. And, playing self-found you are not looking for BiS items. So a craft where you are already sure to have a high value for your main stat and a few other useful stats may already be an improvement over what you found.

Improving gems, I consider that as a long term goal. When you have a main char, you can slowly upgrade his gems. And, as mentionned before, if you do not get the few last % of life or critical hit damages, it is not that important.

Somehow, if you play SF, you have a different ruleset. You accept the fact that you will not have the best items, that you will probably never go beyond MP3 or whatever... So, you are looking for the best possible items (as everybody in the game) but in the limits imposed by the ruleset. If you really want the highest level, the best equipement... you do not play SF.

So I do not think there should be a separate mode or whatever for SF players. It kinds of defeat the purpose. If you had a simpler ruleset (better loot, cheaper craft) in the "official ironborn mode", some people would start playing ironborn in the "normal GAH/RMAH" mode to have a better challenge. I think a better solution to this problem would be to let people create games with titles (see D2) that would accomodate much more easily different playstyles.

Exactly.

It will be very interesting to see what they reveal on Wednesday, and if any changes with D3X will promote self-found play (given that Loot 2.0 actually makes it into the game before the expansion). My hopes are high!

(Also naively crossing fingers for Act-travelling in-game and fixed skill point distribution).

Re: Diablo 3 Economy: Can Ironborn Afford Itself?

It seems that many people here have played the game for lengthy hours and are against lowering craft prices. Playing SF and not that often in the beginnings I remember that 100k seemed a fortune and 1m very far away. While I understand that SF (or even casual playing) means to never get the BiS gears, however, I think crafting (which is fun and will probably be better again with the mystic) must not be reserved for AH or RMAH or long long long time players. Yet, to buy gold is cheap now so I guess a weak SF play could be: by a quarter worth of gold (or beg for it) for crafting but don't use the AH afterwards.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570
    \'For your information “Ironborn” does not meant “stupid”\'

I dunno...Theon and his family sure do a LOT of stupid things.

BattleTag nurman-2854
    maybe cut the per paragon bonus lv from 3 to 2?

IncGamers Member
    \"I think the hope/goal of someday obtaining the best possible gear is what animates many players.\"

And what happens after you\'ve found all the best gear within a year? You stop playing? How many high-level D2 runes did you ever manage to find or cube? Again, how many legit self-found Enigmas do you think ever actually existed?