Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Economy: Can Ironborn Afford Itself?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNix View Post
    Don't you think it is a bit on the conceited side to tell Blizzard that the game would be better if it was made the way you want it? To almost demand them to rework the game so you find it more enjoyable?
    Not really. Demanding things are kinda silly to being with, but wanting a better game for people like yourself seem quite reasonable.

Not like I want go around and hope for a game developer to make a game better for someone else, since I would have no reason to care about their game to begin with if that was the case.

Beside, I would like to believe that 'better game for me' = 'better game for a lot of people'. Of course we would probably all want to believe that, and we can't all be right :P

IncGamers Member
    Why TheNix? Um, the developers themselves say they play Ironborn, they have strongly and repeatedly asked for feedback. I\'m giving feedback. Furthermore, most of the Devs play Ironborn themselves, so it is a gameplay style that Blizzard is likely to be support in the future. I don\'t get people who don\'t play Ironborn as so drastically against the system? Why are you so against it?

IncGamers Member
    I play as if the auction house didn\'t exist. In SC, my highest paragon is in the 50s, rest of my characters are Paragon 1-10. My highest is my DH, who has about 100k dps, and can run MP3 reasonably well. I feel that is acceptable.

I haven\'t put as much time in on HC, so my highest character is only about level 50 (not paragon, actual level).

I\'m working to get all the achievements in the game playing self found and solo or just with my husband for the co-op ones. I joined a public game for 3 seconds to get the couple achievements that require it. At this point I\'m at 91% and almost everything I have left is either Hardcore or Co-op. I figure by the time I finish A Unique Collection, I\'ll have almost all of the rest done.

As for gems, I\'ve focused pretty heavily on upgrading them, and I\'ve reached the point that Tomes are my limiting factor. I\'m getting enough to keep up on 3 of the 4 gem types, but not enough to keep up all 4 types. I want to get at least one of each type of Radiant Star for the achievement, but don\'t really care about Marquise. It is an achievable goal. I\'m more than 1/3 of the way there now.

So in short, I feel that the balance is not bad, and am content to keep playing self found.

BattleTag TheNix-6417

Quote Originally Posted by Lorderan View Post
    Why are you so against it?
    I'm not, I play D2 and PoE SP only and without trading so I guess that makes it "ironborn". I played D3 the same until I realised that the game simple wasn't good enough to put the time that is required to play it "ironborn". It is the constant whining that sets my teeth on edge. I don't play HC because I'm not good enough, simple! If you are not good enough to play "ironborn" under the current set up, find another game. Feedback is one thing, petulance is another.

If you're going to play self-found, you're going to have to accept that you won't get everything unless you put in an inhuman amount of hours into the game. It's just the nature of a game like Diablo 3. If I recall correctly the poster "Darkchaos" on these forums had 3 level 99s in single player Diablo 2, and he still didn't get a Zod rune to drop. Having a practically unreachable goal isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I don't think the topic of this thread is a big problem in Diablo 3 right now.

I guess this quarrel between those who wants higher drop rates and/or decreased gold amount for crafting will never end. A thread about this on the official forum is started every five minutes (particularly during maintenance). It will never settle between the "play 2h a day" and "play 2h a month". They do not have the same gold income. It is not a matter of skill or game difficulty, it is a matter of playing often or not. I understand people who play from time to time but want to be able to craft without buying gold in the RMAH (which is so cheap that it makes grinding gold not worth it).
    Last edited by koko; 21-08-2013 at 15:57.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflight View Post
    If you're going to play self-found, you're going to have to accept that you won't get everything unless you put in an inhuman amount of hours into the game. It's just the nature of a game like Diablo 3. If I recall correctly the poster "Darkchaos" on these forums had 3 level 99s in single player Diablo 2, and he still didn't get a Zod rune to drop. Having a practically unreachable goal isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. I don't think the topic of this thread is a big problem in Diablo 3 right now.
    The difference between not getting everything, and feeling like you get nearly nothing, is fairly huge however.

You can say that right now, the 50% best items have 0,0000001% chance to drop (arbitrary numbers)
    whereas it might be better if it was, the 1% best items have a 0,0000001% chance to drop.

Great items shouldnt be impossible to find, but yeah, it's fine that the mathematically best items are nearly impossible to find. The gap between great items and mathematically best shouldnt be that large however, otherwise we get what we have now.

Some people will say that this will only move the goalpost for what is considered a 'great item', and obviously there is some truth in that. Item quality is quite relative. But it is not 100% truth.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    If this were true (it's not) than they should just give everyone free 500% MF from the get-go and remove it as an item mod.
    Actually, they probably would help a lot of people enjoy the game more if they did exactly that. So what specifically did you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorderan View Post
    Your right MindGeyser, but you haven\'t taken into account the huge disparity in gear drops between low and high paragon. That is a massive problem.
    Drop Magic find from that too. Let the only thing that affects Magic Find be some sort of seasonal buff like Diablo 3's first anniversary and from multilplayer. Any less is splitting focus. Players should be enjoying killing monsters and getting loot because of it. They shouldn't need to 'grind' monsters to get to a place where they can then gain loot, because players will then try to minimize their time spent grinding by whatever means (RMAH; builds the player may find unfun), while feeling like they're not playing the 'real' game while they're playing it because they're waiting for some day where the game works as they imagine it's intended once the grind ends and the game begins. That will be ultimately unsatisfying for a lot of people, because what was the grind was supposed to be the game.

Again, it's unhealthy for the game for gaining loot and killing monsters to be two competing interests.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindGeyser View Post
    Actually, they probably would help a lot of people enjoy the game more if they did exactly that. So what specifically did you disagree with?
    I didn't disagree, exactly, so much as make the point that If MF mods aren't going to "compete" with other mods, than they are pointless to have in the first place. Which it seems we both agree on - the game would be better without the whole MF race. Just give us good drop rates without it and let whoever kills fastest get the most magics found.

BattleTag Greer-1174

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalo View Post
    1.You can even say that AH can help SF players. Found nice item that you won't use? Put on AH and earn gold to craft...
    I don't think "self found" players want to participate in the economy at all, meaning no AH.

If this were true (it's not) than they should just give everyone free 500% MF from the get-go and remove it as an item mod.
    You don't get it for free. You have to hack and slay your way to p-100, and for that you get better odds of finding items through more gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflight View Post
    I agree. I don't think I found a zod in 7-8 years of playing D2. (I had a few that were traded to me -- a lot of players just bought them in third party stores.)

I didn't disagree, exactly, so much as make the point that If MF mods aren't going to "compete" with other mods, than they are pointless to have in the first place. Which it seems we both agree on - the game would be better without the whole MF race. Just give us good drop rates without it and let whoever kills fastest get the most magics found.
    Sure, but it's nice to reward those who put in the time and rack up the kills. Seems like MF is earned, which makes sense to me.