Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Viability of Shadow Warrior Phoenix Striker

My understanding is that if you put 20 points in Shadow Warrior and 20 Points in Phoenix Strike then cycle through Fist of Fire, Claws of Thunder, and Cold Claws(?) that the Shadow Warrior would be forced to use your attack on either left or right click. When she uses each of FoF, etc she learns it, but uses it at a level formula that is likely to be even higher than your level of FoF, etc. So when you start using Phoenix Strike your Warrior will actually do more damage because it will have more points in synergies than you will.

Now, I know the AI in Shadow Warrior will not let it attack any where near as quickly as you can attack so the damage output of the Shadow Warrior is less than yours even if it by skills has higher damage per attack. You'll always have more attacks and attacks in places where the effects make more sense. My question is has anyone played like this and is the added damage from the Phoenix Striking Shadow Warrior worth the points?

If I decided to run this, what else would I want to put points in. Probably Max Phoenix Strike, Shadow Warrior, FoF, CoT, but are there other skills I should be putting points into? I would think you need a reliable release for your Martial Arts build ups. Is regular attack best? Dragon Claw? How many points will I need in Claw Mastery? What Merc works with this strategy. I might need Blessed Aim to help the Shadow Warrior and me for that matter hit?

Build

20 Phoenix Strike
    20 Shadow Warrior
    5+ Claw Mastery
    20 Fist of Fire
    20 Claws of Ice

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Re: Viability of Shadow Warrior Phoenix Striker

Hi Talionis, welcome to the forums

A Comprehensive Guide To Phoenix Strike by maxicek and jiansonz

There is also a load of info in the Assassin FAQ (see stickies) about Shadow Warriors.

I have never used a Shadow Warrior in earnest, so can't help tell you if it is worth it. My feeling is that it will depend on how good your gear is. If you are fully tricked out (Infinity etc.) I think probably not.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxicek View Post
    Hi Talionis, welcome to the forums

A Comprehensive Guide To Phoenix Strike by maxicek and jiansonz

There is also a load of info in the Assassin FAQ (see stickies) about Shadow Warriors.

I have never used a Shadow Warrior in earnest, so can't help tell you if it is worth it. My feeling is that it will depend on how good your gear is. If you are fully tricked out (Infinity etc.) I think probably not.
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I used to play Diablo2, just haven't in a long time. I did read the guide and its well written. I am starting over so my equipment is completely untwinked. I know how to play so I think I can manage ok, but I'm worried that the Shadow Warrior is a bad investment simply because he doesn't attack enough. It maybe that he is at a low level now and needs more points to get to a higher level where he has more mana and can attack more. I may also not want to use Dragon Claw as a finisher if it is draining the Shadow Warriors mana at low levels. Or it may just be that Shadow Warrior really doesn't attack anywhere near enough to be more than a distraction.

If that's the case I may switch builds or to another class....

BattleTag maxicek-2583

If you want the challenge, keep on with the character. Don't limit yourself to claws, there are many nice weapons that can drop. But personally I wouldn't bother with the Shadow Warrior.

IncGamers Member

Nothing really wrong with Shadows. I used them lots of times if there's extra skill points. Also for untwinked hc characters they really help a lot.