Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

How many copies of D3X will Blizzard sell?

We can count the annual pass, since Blizzard does.

For reference:

D3 sold 13 million copies
    SC2 sold 4.5 million copies
    SC2X sold 1.1 million in the first 48 hours, & is between that & 4.5 million currently, exact figure unknown as far as I can tell

I'm gonna say D3X sales will be between one quarter and one half that of D3. So put me down for 5 million copies.

D3X2 is also likely to outsell D3X, as the notion of buying the "full game" all at once by purchasing all 3 parts will draw interest for those who never played.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Re: How many copies of D3X will Blizzard sell?

750k first 24 hours

IncGamers Member

What difference does it make, they wont make content patches anyway. I've never seen such negative response to any game before that D3 had so I wouldn't expect any huge sales. Definitely less than the disappointing mists of pandaria sales.

IncGamers Member

I'd probably guess about 50% of the total that D3 sold, if you adjust it downward for Annual Pass sales. (I think Annual Pass sales were included in the 13M, right? So if you do 13M - Annual Pass Sales, and multiply the result by 50%.)

IncGamers Member

I think it depends if Blizzard magically addresses all core design issues with D3 in the expansion and brings in all of that depth and game play we want. If d3x begins to bring the reputation of the series back up because it 'fixed' the game I think you'll see close to 6-10 million copies sold over the course of the year.

IncGamers Member

hopefully none, so they realize they can't go on with their attitude

as this probably might not be that case, I'm saying they will sell several, yet the number will be way below than what you would expect for a Blizzard game expansion

IncGamers Member

10 million total, 3 million preorders.

I'm just hoping it does the same as D2x did for D2..

The God declares that the average expansion selling rate of a good game is two thirds. Considering negative publicity, but also the loyalty of fanbase, The God presumes that it will be no more than four million in total. Perhaps more later, if they actually fix some of the issues for D3X2 and reduce price for D3+D3X bundle...

IncGamers Member

3 million if it is just average/good. 6 million over time if it turns out to be Diablo savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Clavdivs View Post
    The God declares that the average expansion selling rate of a good game is two thirds. Considering negative publicity, but also the loyalty of fanbase, The God presumes that it will be no more than four million in total. Perhaps more later, if they actually fix some of the issues for D3X2 and reduce price for D3+D3X bundle...
    My guess would be almost the same as the God among mortals. I am thinking about 5 million d3x will be sold.