Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post

Interesting. So you point out that the cop might have investigated CG, and that would hurt the town. You fail to point out that CG could have been the cop. Seems like you may already know he was not?
    Exactly.

If we don't lynch scum today we need to be prepared for a fake cop claim tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Exactly.

If we don't lynch scum today we need to be prepared for a fake cop claim tomorrow.
    While possible you sound quite certain of this. Is this because you killed the cop or because you want to cast suspicion on the real cop?

Quote Originally Posted by flubbucket View Post
    So I see you have learned the Math that the greater the distance between two points,

the probability of happy marriage is increased.

Still out of town??
    Yes, but thankfully the time has flown by and there might be an end in sight .

Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    I ain't entirely out yet boys, and am mostly sobered up.

So far it looks like pharphis felt the need to point out he was joking about calling CDM and BA scum, which seems off to me. Does seem like he's nervous about something.

Drixx is saying that his posts (walls of text) generally obfuscate what's really happening and it helps the mafia. Another thing he's said is there's no reason to lynch him the first night, and that it would only be because of the outcome of his game that people would vote him. I'm sorry, but this sounds like an easy grab for an early lynch immunity by playing on some past game-play. I don't want to be mean about it, but I wouldn't avoid voting you solely because of how your hosted game may have turned sour near the end.

Another thing to note was BA's call for the cop to come out immediately if he had a guilty verdict on someone. I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, if the cop comes out early there's one mafia dead and then the only PR role is killed that night. If the cop waits it out, he could come out with two guilty verdicts in a reasonable time and the mafia may be cut down to their last legs quite early. But then again, if the cop waits too long they may be killed by mafia and then town is in a bunch of trouble. One choice makes the game less "random" and the other is "riskier". So, I don't know which one would be the best choice for town.

That's all I can see as of now, I'll probably be doing a lot of these posts since it's an easier reference for the town, and the convenient size of the mini-game warrants it. If something doesn't make sense, blame the slight buzz I have still. Just ask me to clarify. Thank you.

P.S. - Hopefully I got through the entire wall of text with no grammatical or punctual errors. That'd be nice.
    We need as much time as we can get which is basically the point.

@Pharphis

I don't think kegs preparing for a fake cop claim is weird. I wanted to post something very similar.

Phar is leading scum candidate 1 for me (yes I know I have a vote on CDM)

What are your feelings then? Should the cop come out if they have a guilty result?
    In a game so heavily stacked against the town, it would seem to me that the cop probably does the town a better service by revealing that guilty verdict today. They would have a random odds chance of 25% to find another mafia on night 2, and not much lower random chance odds of getting killed themselves, and that's if they make no mistakes to call attention to themselves. Better to give the town the info of one confirmed scum and take away the mafia's ability to use their death to fake claim bus their way to victory.

Also who do you mean, BPC is the mod, do you expect him to come tell us who the mafia are?
    Is my sense of humor that bad?

Interesting. So you point out that the cop might have investigated CG, and that would hurt the town. You fail to point out that CG could have been the cop. Seems like you may already know he was not?
    At the time I was thinking if the mob had killed the cop we would already have seen a fake claim, but now that your question has me thinking a little harder about it, I realize that a fake cop claim without any saving roles in the game ... the mafia would have to be super careful about when and how to use such information. So the worst case isn't that our cop investigated CG ... it's that CG was the cop ... you are quite correct.

So what do you recommend for our cop? You have a lot of text here but no real choice on what you think is the best idea.
    The odds aren't so bad that the cop needs to claim today, imo, outside of a guilty read on someone. As early as tomorrow, I would be thinking of claiming if I were the cop and had a couple of innocent reads though ... just because the odds swing quickly in favor of the mafia.

1 Mislynch today puts us at LYLO tomorrow. Let that sink in a bit.

@BiPolarChemist - I knew you wanted a quick game but this might be a bit quicker than you expected lol.
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    While possible you sound quite certain of this. Is this because you killed the cop or because you want to cast suspicion on the real cop?
    No, just a thought. But if the cop claims a guilty result tomorrow and they aren't the real cop then town loses if we trust them. Not saying we can't trust any claim tomorrow, but it needs to be carefully considered. Of course none of that is an issue tomorrow if we lynch scum today.

Personally, in a short game like this with no crazy mechanics and it being straight forward, I'd rather the cop reveal if he has a guilty verdict as soon as possible. This lessens the chance he dies with any info, and guarantees at least one mafia kill. Waiting would only be appropriate if he has an innocent result, but waiting is a very large risk for any extended time.

He won't be waiting for an extended time.

Since you girls are so hip to doing math, what are the odds of a cop being "found" by mafia as opposed to a cop outing himself and being killed at the first opportunity.

Night 1 the odds were 1 in 7
    Assuming a lynch, tonight the odds will be 1 in 6 or 1 in 5 (depending on whether we lynch scum or town)
    And you can see the numbers trend bad for the cop quickly so hopefully he finds some scum and tells us.

Ok, time to start voting.

Vote: flubbucket

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Day 1: Who Wants Pizza?

The group gathered in Johnny’s living room. The tension was high, no one could be trusted. There was a murderer in their midst and they had to be dealt with. So the group squabbled, argued and yelled through the morning and into the early afternoon. Hunger began to set in and the group decided on ordering some food.

“You guys want pizza?” Lisa questioned.

Johnny surveyed the group quickly, “Whatever we don’t care.”

“I already ordered a pizza.” Lisa said with a stupid grin on her face.

“Haha you think about everything. How about we take a vote before we eat, everybody?”

Vote Count as of Post #50
    Caluin Graye:
    Crawlingdeadman
    Crawlingdeadman: Bad Ash
    Drixx: Flubbucket
    Flubbucket: Jason Maher, Pharphis
    Day 1 Ends in just over 28 Hours
    Then I just won't b​other!