Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

It's never too early for Ole Wall O' Text.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    lol you were either trolled or you're making excuses for you to live to tomorrow and future days. A bit early for that, isn't it?
    I dunno. Maddeningly I've still never been (knowingly) randomized into a mafia role, so I haven't got the first clue how I would play it. I think I probably would ignore obvious fishing for a response like what flubbs posted though. The best mafia players I've seen choose very carefully when to respond to something addressed to them and otherwise they interact with folks and answer questions or quote someone and say something similar or build upon that person's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Maher View Post
    We can afford precisely 1 mislynch. 2 wrong lynches eliminates 4 townies, leaving us outnumbered 3 to 2 and dead. Even if we get today's lynch right, 2 wrong lynches after that would leave 2 against 1. If we get the first two lynches right, following that with two wrong lynches will leave the sole surviving goon all alone on day 5. The only other theoretical approach is to refuse a lynch day 1, leaving us 5 on 3 tomorrow. We could refuse another lynch and be 4 on 3 on day 3. Either way, any mis-lynch leaves us 3 vs 3 at best, and that's good night nurse.

Frankly, I don't like those odds.
    30% mafia is a pretty high percentage and doesn't leave the town a lot of wiggle room for sure. Since there's no doctor, it's really 33.3% mafia since they were guaranteed to get that nightkill before the game really began, and then if you add in the chance that the cop may have investigated CG, they could have a gigantic advantage already. If I were the cop, I would have probably leaned towards investigating CG the first night simply because I'd want to know for sure and not have to spend a lot of time trying to read him, and apart from him being a good player, this maybe is part of why the mafia offed him?

That enough WoT for you flubby?

When was the last time we had a game that started with a night?

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    I dunno. Maddeningly I've still never been (knowingly) randomized into a mafia role, so I haven't got the first clue how I would play it.
    Your wording sounds like avoiding sounding LAMIST.

Also, inb4 rolo mason recruiter

Wheel of Time....now there's a quick read.

So Phillinnicus is passed out because he can't hold his liquor.

Gwaihir hasn't shown up yet correct??

Think I'm gonna watch the lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    ....Math is actually one of my strong suits, just not there....
    So I see you have learned the Math that the greater the distance between two points,

the probability of happy marriage is increased.

Still out of town??

I ain't entirely out yet boys, and am mostly sobered up.

So far it looks like pharphis felt the need to point out he was joking about calling CDM and BA scum, which seems off to me. Does seem like he's nervous about something.

Drixx is saying that his posts (walls of text) generally obfuscate what's really happening and it helps the mafia. Another thing he's said is there's no reason to lynch him the first night, and that it would only be because of the outcome of his game that people would vote him. I'm sorry, but this sounds like an easy grab for an early lynch immunity by playing on some past game-play. I don't want to be mean about it, but I wouldn't avoid voting you solely because of how your hosted game may have turned sour near the end.

Another thing to note was BA's call for the cop to come out immediately if he had a guilty verdict on someone. I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, if the cop comes out early there's one mafia dead and then the only PR role is killed that night. If the cop waits it out, he could come out with two guilty verdicts in a reasonable time and the mafia may be cut down to their last legs quite early. But then again, if the cop waits too long they may be killed by mafia and then town is in a bunch of trouble. One choice makes the game less "random" and the other is "riskier". So, I don't know which one would be the best choice for town.

That's all I can see as of now, I'll probably be doing a lot of these posts since it's an easier reference for the town, and the convenient size of the mini-game warrants it. If something doesn't make sense, blame the slight buzz I have still. Just ask me to clarify. Thank you.

P.S. - Hopefully I got through the entire wall of text with no grammatical or punctual errors. That'd be nice.

Bad ash is bold with the bad math and immediately rolefishing for the lone town power role. It's almost over the top scummy. It's so bad that I almost want to lean townie on him because I can't imagine a scum making that post within a few minutes of the game starting, and then voting someone on top of that for making a joke, which I actually found funny.

I'd love to hear what BipolarChemist thinks, with all those posts but no opinion on whodunnit.
    What are your feelings then? Should the cop come out if they have a guilty result?

Also who do you mean, BPC is the mod, do you expect him to come tell us who the mafia are?

30% mafia is a pretty high percentage and doesn't leave the town a lot of wiggle room for sure. Since there's no doctor, it's really 33.3% mafia since they were guaranteed to get that nightkill before the game really began, and then if you add in the chance that the cop may have investigated CG, they could have a gigantic advantage already. If I were the cop, I would have probably leaned towards investigating CG the first night simply because I'd want to know for sure and not have to spend a lot of time trying to read him, and apart from him being a good player, this maybe is part of why the mafia offed him?
    Interesting. So you point out that the cop might have investigated CG, and that would hurt the town. You fail to point out that CG could have been the cop. Seems like you may already know he was not?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    I ain't entirely out yet boys, and am mostly sobered up.

So far it looks like pharphis felt the need to point out he was joking about calling CDM and BA scum, which seems off to me. Does seem like he's nervous about something.

Drixx is saying that his posts (walls of text) generally obfuscate what's really happening and it helps the mafia. Another thing he's said is there's no reason to lynch him the first night, and that it would only be because of the outcome of his game that people would vote him. I'm sorry, but this sounds like an easy grab for an early lynch immunity by playing on some past game-play. I don't want to be mean about it, but I wouldn't avoid voting you solely because of how your hosted game may have turned sour near the end.

Another thing to note was BA's call for the cop to come out immediately if he had a guilty verdict on someone. I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, if the cop comes out early there's one mafia dead and then the only PR role is killed that night. If the cop waits it out, he could come out with two guilty verdicts in a reasonable time and the mafia may be cut down to their last legs quite early. But then again, if the cop waits too long they may be killed by mafia and then town is in a bunch of trouble. One choice makes the game less "random" and the other is "riskier". So, I don't know which one would be the best choice for town.

That's all I can see as of now, I'll probably be doing a lot of these posts since it's an easier reference for the town, and the convenient size of the mini-game warrants it. If something doesn't make sense, blame the slight buzz I have still. Just ask me to clarify. Thank you.

P.S. - Hopefully I got through the entire wall of text with no grammatical or punctual errors. That'd be nice.
    So what do you recommend for our cop? You have a lot of text here but no real choice on what you think is the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    So what do you recommend for our cop? You have a lot of text here but no real choice on what you think is the best idea.
    This. . . also, right back at you