Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 244
  1. #11
    Crusader Moderator Drixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    with 33% mafia if we mislynch we go to 50% mafia. If the cop got a guilty claim, I think they need to come out. Vote: crawlingdeadman
    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Math doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

    Also not sure I agree.
    Kestegs beat me to it. CG being dead essentially tells us only that he was town. I think most of us in the game look up to him and try to learn to play better from him, so I guess drawing the townie straw made him the obvious first night target.

    Bad ash is bold with the bad math and immediately rolefishing for the lone town power role. It's almost over the top scummy. It's so bad that I almost want to lean townie on him because I can't imagine a scum making that post within a few minutes of the game starting, and then voting someone on top of that for making a joke, which I actually found funny.

    I'd love to hear what BipolarChemist thinks, with all those posts but no opinion on whodunnit.

  2. #12
    IncGamers Site Pal pharphis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    9,165

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Ha! The room theme. I was wondering how you'd start off the game.

    Too lazy to check BA's math but from what I've read on the mingames thus far (first timer here) the cop does his best by claiming as soon as he finds a mafia or by day 2 or 3.

    Drixx, do you think that if cop found a mafia last night they shouldn't claim yet?

  3. #13
    IncGamers Member Phillinnicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    458

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Just posting since I'm actually drunk and don't expect to post anything of worth until tomorrow. I got back from camping, horrible experience. Alcohol just isn't worth it anymore, in my opinion. Don't ask me how I can type so clearly and correctly while drunk, it's just an ability. I'll be back to post tomorrow most likely. Or I'll post more tonight, I don't know. I'm just kind of rustled at the moment. Thank you for understanding.

  4. #14
    Crusader Moderator Drixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Ha! The room theme. I was wondering how you'd start off the game.

    Too lazy to check BA's math but from what I've read on the mingames thus far (first timer here) the cop does his best by claiming as soon as he finds a mafia or by day 2 or 3.

    Drixx, do you think that if cop found a mafia last night they shouldn't claim yet?
    I think rolefishing for the cop is something a mafia would do, which is why Bad Ash's post pinged my scumdar. As far as how our cop should behave, I am not good enough a theorycrafter to provide authoritive answers, but I do think having a few confirmed townies may be as valuable in 2 or 3 days as a single mafia member, so I'm not sure I would say wait until finding a mafia to reveal the info.

  5. #15
    IncGamers Site Pal pharphis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    9,165

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game


  6. #16
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    If you guys don't think I tried to edit my first post, you're wrong. Math is actually one of my strong suits, just not there.

    Let me rephrase:

    9 players. Pretend the cop has a guilty result and doesnt speak up and we mislynch. 8 players left. mafia kills someone 7 players left. mafia had a 20% chance of killing the cop that night which is actually pretty high. Lets say they did for my example. We are in Mylo on day two.

    So yes, my math was wrong but the point remains the same. I am not role fishing because I don't want the cop to come forward unless they have a guilty verdict because otherwise it'll be a pretty quick game.

  7. #17
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw">Viewer Beware</a>

  8. #18
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Aw nuts. HTML fail.

  9. #19
    IncGamers Site Pal pharphis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    9,165

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    If you guys don't think I tried to edit my first post, you're wrong. Math is actually one of my strong suits, just not there.

    Let me rephrase:

    9 players. Pretend the cop has a guilty result and doesnt speak up and we mislynch. 8 players left. mafia kills someone 7 players left. mafia had a 20% chance of killing the cop that night which is actually pretty high. Lets say they did for my example. We are in Mylo on day two.

    So yes, my math was wrong but the point remains the same. I am not role fishing because I don't want the cop to come forward unless they have a guilty verdict because otherwise it'll be a pretty quick game.
    Very end of your post;
    you mean they don't want to speak up on an innocent result today, but on all results tomorrow because of MYLO?

    Otherwise you're contradicting yourself

  10. #20
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Forum Mini-Mafia: The Room Tribute Game

    Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Very end of your post;
    you mean they don't want to speak up on an innocent result today, but on all results tomorrow because of MYLO?

    Otherwise you're contradicting yourself
    Why would they? Clearly alcohol grammar issues.

    The point: In a game with three mafia the cop could get a guilty result and want to not come forward in hopes of getting a 2nd. The risk and variance is too high and I don't agree with it. Innocent results should be divulged tomorrow if you're the cop. Cause, ya know, Mylo.

    Phar and CDM = scum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •