Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I was robbed and other recent misfortunes

Pancakeman, that is a weird story but get well soon!

Krischan, I don't know who Mistress Sersi is but purse is not such an uncommon word in other languages for wallet. I believe a German lady used it to describe hers, after it got stolen last year and I chased after the thief.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Yes, I think I learned it like that in school, but that's 30-35 years ago and when looking for purses on Google Pictures, all I saw were handbags and no wallets.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Pancakeman, that is a weird story but get well soon!

Krischan, I don't know who Mistress Sersi is but purse is not such an uncommon word in other languages for wallet. I believe a German lady used it to describe hers, after it got stolen last year and I chased after the thief.
    If I'm Remembering right Mistress Sersi was the cross-dressing poster here some time back?

IncGamers Member

I'm confused about this confrontation over bubble wrap. I hear the stuff can be addictive, but this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    Got the gear = T & A?
    Physique in general. Don't forget hips and hair. Men are visual creatures. Here is your cup of neuroscience for the day: men are more sensitive to visual information while women are more sensitive to all the other senses. I just wanted to stress that women don't need to worry as much about career status.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    For some reason I thought that you can call that a purse, too. Thanks SD, that won't ever happen again .
    I believe purse is a suitable word for wallet or any other portable thing that holds money. It's just more common overseas. Men carried coin purses before wallets were invented.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Recent Misinformation: = 'Nullius in verba'
    Look around you.

Destroying trust is the first and only step needed to kill mankind.

It's happening top down.

Well, I now have what appear to be fully operational credit cards, though I'm still tracking down all the stuff i had on auto-pay.

They caught the "knuckleheads" with the help of Walmart security cams and the time stamps on my cancelled cards. the wallet is thrown out, so now I'm using this enormous thing my parent's found around their house. the one I was used to was basically a money clip with leather wrapped around for holding plastic. it's annoying, and I can't wear it into work due to its obtrusive size, so i feel like I'm setting myself up for another debacle.

The garage door is now operational. I have no idea what the problem was, or what I did to fix it, but it does now open normally.

I think the A/C was a lack of air flow from the type of filters I was using. I've removed them for now and thawed everything out. I wimped out on taking the ceiling apart to check for water damage. That seems like a big job, and I don't know what I have that would allow me to do it myself. I'd need someone or thing to hold the replacement drywall up while I secured it.

The toilet needed an O-ring, which is cheap, luckily. I also bought some of that spray rubber stuff. It didn't need it yet, but I kinda want to see how it works. It's the mighty sealer from the bad late night infomercials.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofMwxrWDUmQ
    I got the clear. I would totally love some thoughts on what I should try to seal. Hmm, maybe i could make a new wallet...

Leo~
    I forget what you drive, but I bet you could do that alternator on your own. they usually cost about $80, and are usually pretty easy to install. the only annoying part is getting your hands deep in there to get the belt back on. And don't worry about having a crappy job, there's just not enough good ones to go around.

If life gets too real, you can always crash on my couch. I'm always at work, so you'd basically have free reign to figure out how to get back on your feet. i would expect some help around the place though. At least smack Dmac around because his G/F doesn't seem to care if he's lazy.

Stillman~
    Dude, I'd say same offer, but for you it's quite the swim. I can't fix your problems, but I can tell you it's not so great as it seems. while I do own the place, I also owe a substantial chunk (perhaps even all, depending on who's doing the valuation) of it's worth in debt to the bank. I wish i could blame the bank, but really, while they did make it easy, it was me moving in at the top of the market. I really didn't see it as an investment as much as some stability. It would have been nice if it had done better as an investment though. My downpayment is long gone, and since I left banking, a refinance isn't likely to be an option. not enough income.

You at least seem to be meeting people, even if you think a relationship is untenable. I'm not sure if I'm just being picky or if the world really is full of people I can barely stand.

Anyway, as to the car. Again, your envy is understandable, but misplaced. I could not survive without a car where I live. I'd have to walk to a place that's an hour drive away. I didn't know that's where I'd end up, so I could never leave that job. there's just not enough opportunities in walking distance of anywhere. Even if i thought I could do a mile or two every morning--even in the winter--it's still a tiny amount of places I could work.

I do appreciate the response though.

Pancakeman~
    Best wishes in your recovery. certainly puts it all in perspective.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Well, I now have what appear to be fully operational credit cards, though I'm still tracking down all the stuff i had on auto-pay.

They caught the "knuckleheads" with the help of Walmart security cams and the time stamps on my cancelled cards. the wallet is thrown out, so now I'm using this enormous thing my parent's found around their house. the one I was used to was basically a money clip with leather wrapped around for holding plastic. it's annoying, and I can't wear it into work due to its obtrusive size, so i feel like I'm setting myself up for another debacle.
    Make your own Wallet.

Or a Purse for Kris.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Physique in general. Don't forget hips and hair. Men are visual creatures. Here is your cup of neuroscience for the day: men are more sensitive to visual information while women are more sensitive to all the other senses. I just wanted to stress that women don't need to worry as much about career status.
    Maybe. But I do. It's important to me and... as ****ty as this will sound, if I want female friends, I should get a better job. Or maybe I should look at female friends the way I look at male suitors: If you have a problem with it, you're not the one for me. Yeah... i like that. and I mean possible male suitors having problems with male friends only (for the time being), I do not have a Victoria's Secret model-type body, I am smart in different ways (or just smart period. I have had crushes on guys who chose hot stupidity over decent intelligence), my min wage job (haha, I made $4 today in tips! One run today. All isn't lost completely. I was inside on this muggy day and making min wage. And I sat on my *** for the majority of it).... anything else?

nice! What are you carrying? A fanny pack or something? O.o

The garage door is now operational.

I think the A/C was a lack of air flow from the type of filters I was using.

I wimped out on taking the ceiling apart to check for water damage. That seems like a big job, and I don't know what I have that would allow me to do it myself. I'd need someone or thing to hold the replacement drywall up while I secured it.
    Nice on the door and A/C. Hope everything keeps working fine. Good luck with the water damage repair!

The toilet needed an O-ring,
    Haha! O-rings. Those are fun. Oh, I'm sorry. I see you were not talking about the toy.

*continues to fantasize*

Leo~
    I forget what you drive, but I bet you could do that alternator on your own. they usually cost about $80, and are usually pretty easy to install. the only annoying part is getting your hands deep in there to get the belt back on. And don't worry about having a crappy job, there's just not enough good ones to go around.

If life gets too real, you can always crash on my couch. I'm always at work, so you'd basically have free reign to figure out how to get back on your feet. i would expect some help around the place though. At least smack Dmac around because his G/F doesn't seem to care if he's lazy.
    Aww, thank you. *hugs* I actually have an older model Ford Taurus. One of the "relatives" I am living with was able to repair it, thank goodness. He had a little trouble with the belt, but he managed to get it. Last week, I thought my torque converter was going out. Turns out it's the transmission. BUT not all is lost. I got it checked out. It's still in fair condition, but Shammy's days of maxing 80mph on back country roads and not a coppa in sight are over. :'( The "tranny" is still fair. I was told to come back when it starts to slip (the needle on the RPM racks the hell up and doesn't go back down). Yay more monies!

Dmac has another GF or worked things out with the previous one? Either way, congrats to him. I would def help around the house, but I'm NOT washing dishes. You better have a damn dish washer. If not, I'll cook meals and leave the dishes for you guys! I'm a neat cook!!! :grin: And why would I smack Dmac around? Can't I lovingly smack you around with my paddle?

oh, you know Stilly lives in Canada, right? It's, like, a few hours drive for him... or maybe a day. Idk how far Canada is from your location, Steve. i'm so used to Texas Driving Time. >.>
    Last edited by Leopold Stotch; 01-09-2013 at 18:53.

IncGamers Member

They caught the "knuckleheads" with the help of Walmart security cams and the time stamps on my cancelled cards.
    Does this mean you'll get your cash back?

I also bought some of that spray rubber stuff. It didn't need it yet, but I kinda want to see how it works. It's the mighty sealer from the bad late night infomercials.
    I tried sealant spray on a cast iron pipe with no success, and we're talking many layers over weeks. The leak acted like the sealant wasn't even there. You may have luck with some other brand, or maybe cocking or something else is the answer. Water is bad news.

When the same pipe cracked years ago, the plumber used what looked like a diamond-bladed giant bread knife from hell to saw the pipe and replace a length of it with a plastic pipe with clamps. He wore a welder's mask to shield himself from a rain of sparks. The new leak is located on a side almost impossible to see, meaning I had to orientate the can and spray towards my face, that's after contorting myself to reach in there. As this is in the corner, the leak could very well be in a section of the pipe that goes inside the wall. Some things are just way over your head, and you need the experts.

Incidentally, that same plumber mentioned that he rents because owning a home is impossible. And he's a plumber; they make good money.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Make your own Wallet.

Or a Purse for Kris.

Make sure there are no sticky parts exposed, because money is covered with feces and germs. You could probably use a sticky wallet to assassinate someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    oh, you know Stilly lives in Canada, right? It's, like, a few hours drive for him... or maybe a day. Idk how far Canada is from your location, Steve. i'm so used to Texas Driving Time. >.>
    Without a vehicle, I am stuck in the desolate wastelands of the frozen North. Instead of buying a used car, I will be buying another gold coin (one gold coin is worth an entire used car) and maybe even a coin purse so I can hear them jingle. I may buy a cowboy hat too for our one sunny month of September. I don't know what an O-ring is, but men fantasize too.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Make sure there are no sticky parts exposed, because money is covered with feces and germs. You could probably use a sticky wallet to assassinate someone.
    I had an interesting fun statistic on the radio the other day. At least 45% of $1 bills have been down a woman's professional underwear, if you catch my drift. hahahaha, money is dirty! bleh! I hate touching wet money (from it being in someone's pocket and they sweat) and I hate passing it out. What? I'm a delivery driver with no A/C in the pits of southern hell and I keep my change in my pocket. :( At least it's in my front pocket and not my back pocket.

Without a vehicle, I am stuck in the desolate wastelands of the frozen North. Instead of buying a used car, I will be buying another gold coin (one gold coin is worth an entire used car) and maybe even a coin purse so I can hear them jingle. I may buy a cowboy hat too for our one sunny month of September. I don't know what an O-ring is, but men fantasize too.
    Would you rather be down here in the muggy and humid southern lands where the sun mocks everyone? Like, seriously, after the month of April, May at the latest, I get so depressed because I'm not a fan of summer. At least not Texas het. I've never been anywhere else for summer. :(

Gold coin? Like, a literal gold coin or do you mean something else? if one gold coin is worth an entire used car then buy a used car, hehe! Do you want me to send you a cowboy hat? I live in the state known for its cowboys. ^^